IT.COM

discuss How to beat huge domains at Gd auction?

NameSilo
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
they bid in every domain and even low quality name they raise the budget ,and leaving it to closeout you pay $50+20 70 usd ..inguess it time to forget getting names at low xx

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Solved:

You take the time machine back to year 2000 or so.

Edit: and a bunch of cash

Last edited:
•••
They have some great names in their portfolio, but tons of rubbish as well. I guess the majority of end users don't have quality criteria anyway and some buy rubbish because money is not an issue and they want to 'own' that rubbish name.

Last edited:
•••
DomainMarket is another big dog site with terrible names but are killing it.

Huge list of trademark infringing names just for Google: https://www.domainmarket.com/search?searchInput=google&type=c&search=true

I remember seeing GoogleGods at 30k sometime back and questioning which snakeoil course guru would be crazy enough to pay that and now the price is 80k.

Last edited:
•••
•••
they bid in every domain and even low quality name they raise the budget ,and leaving it to closeout you pay $50+20 70 usd ..inguess it time to forget getting names at low xx
IMO the best strategy is to keep domains out of the GD auction cycle. Buy from other domainers here, or pick up at non GD marketplaces - and HODL good (or even decent) names

•••
•••
I'm not playing this game at the moment (maybe I should), but if they are the same company (no idea), then there is no loss in bidding any amount.

•••
I'm not playing this game at the moment (maybe I should), but if they are the same company (no idea), then there is no loss in bidding any amount.
yep this

•••
Are they buying then all the domains in Most Active in Godaddy Auctions then?

This is a snapshot from today filtered by most bids - sorry but these are all junky domains (aside from meats.org) yet they have 100s of bids?

1665620322186.png

They can buy my crappy domains like that if thats the case....

Last edited:
•••
GoDaddy secretly owns huge domains to bid up their own domains.
Buy a bunch of put options on GoDaddy stock.
Once the cat is out of the bag, this stock is going to tank and you will make millions on your put options.

•••
I've watched Huge Domains for years. They used to have very high prices for the decent domains, but slowly the prices seem to drift down. Thanks to them, it made me realize how, if I really want a domain name, I'd just as well add the "The" or use some other permutation direct from the registry, to avoid using them.

•••
Are they buying then all the domains in Most Active in Godaddy Auctions then?

This is a snapshot from today filtered by most bids - sorry but these are all junky domains (aside from meats.org) yet they have 100s of bids?

Show attachment 225048

They can buy my crappy domains like that if thats the case....
Interesting that both YOGAONE, MACBAR and POPANDSUKI are currently at auction with multiple bids over 3k again. Looks like maybe some shilling is going on. I didn't look at who was bidding on each. Could this be the same people that auction the same XYZ shill auctions over and over on Sav?

•••
Interesting that both YOGAONE, MACBAR and POPANDSUKI are currently at auction with multiple bids over 3k again. Looks like maybe some shilling is going on. I didn't look at who was bidding on each. Could this be the same people that auction the same XYZ shill auctions over and over on Sav?
Quite frankly, I'm surprised you even spend the time trying to deal with their auctions. I stopped even looking years ago--except recently to see if domains I dropped were selling. And now, I even decided to avoid contributing any further expiring domains to their efforts (transferring, donating, or giving them away elsewhere instead).
If you have to frequently deal with the question of "shill" bidding, why bother with these platforms. There are so many domain permutations out there anyhow, and no doubt even more to come.

•••
I wasn't actually shopping for those. I just typed the domains into my browser to see if those august sales resulted in anything. I recommend that for anyone wondering why a domain sold. Especially if you feel the amount is excessive.

When I went to each page it linked me to current auctions.

•••
HD drop thousands of domains every year, so it does not really mean anything...

•••
HD drop thousands of domains every year, so it does not really mean anything...
Yes, it's best not try to beat them. Just don't join into the fray, and let HD keep supporting Verisign and the other registries, year after year.

•••
gotcha - all just shill bids

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back