IT.COM

poll How secure do you feel with your .com investments?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

How secure do you feel with .com investments?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • 100% Secure - no doubt

votes
    61.2%
  • 75% Secure - some doubt with newer tlds nipping but still trust .com

votes
    28.2%
  • 50% Secure - gTLD's / ccTLD's are taking over imho and .com is winding down

votes
    3.5%
  • 25% Secure - .com is dust

votes
    7.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Form (.xyz) is temporary, Class (.com) is permanent. :) Imo.

•••
OMG, I just visited www.class.com and it is an insanely nice developed website.

@Recons.Com this site is as classy as it gets and the domain itself is incredible. (y) (y) (y)

I don't know how anyone could possibly call anything about that site dated. Even the look and the layout is as fresh as it gets. :xf.cool:

Thank you! 🙏🍻

Still work in progress. Planning to have thousands of articles, working on media kit etc. Hopefully, it will become a popular magazine one day, both print and digital.

•••
I do not hate ngtld names.
I accually own a few but looking at reported sales .com is where it's at.

Most of my investment is in .com names

Last edited:
•••
.com is coca cola, good luck pepsi :)

•••
.com is king
very easy to write .com in url.

•••
Whilst they dont have Alphabet.com, they did acquire abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz.COM as well as abc.xyz. Probably for when .xyz falls into complete irrelevance. :wtf:

•••

I have too much time on my hands today :xf.wink:, and checked and you can also register recons in .info, .biz and.pro (but not .net or .org) and a zillion ngTLD possibilities. Interestingly the .org has a use in an astronomical research project.

•••
I know .com is king and what not, for me personally thou, if we ignore what the market demands just because its been branded that way, id rather own:
Wave.Media or LG.media over Wavemedia.com or LgMedia.com

•••
I am 0% confident with all my investment, I have a good return in .co if we talk about numbers of sales for me. Then I think .co sales outnumber my .com sales (end-user sales)

•••
For the moment, dot-com/net/org continue as investable items.

A big mistake in business is assuming revenue and income streams will continue into the future, ad infinitum.

Within domaining itself, you only have to look at the decline in parking revenue to witness this.

I'm keeping an open mind.

Last edited:
•••
Was actually looking for another thread, this one popped up, reminded me of what I read recently:

Great domain investing data from Paul Nicks (GoDaddy) at NamesCon
https://domainnamewire.com/2019/01/...ing-data-from-paul-nicks-godaddy-at-namescon/

"92% of sales are .com, followed by 2.6% for .org, 1.5% .net and 1.4% .co. Avg. selling price of $2,268 for .com. .Com and .Org number of sales were up YoY; .net and .co were down."

Largest Domain Name Registrar in the World Needs Hubble Telescope to See/Find GTLD Sales!
http://www.ricksblog.com/2019/01/la...elescope-to-see-find-gtld-sales/#.XFIv7s17lPY

Last edited:
•••
^ This is the correct answer. I'm sticking to .com and dabbling in other tlds that actually have real, consistent sales (like .io)

•••
I was surprised, slightly, that .com was as dominant as it was in Paul Nick's data. Although he did also mention in his NamesCon keynote that while tiny ngTLD resales had grown faster YOY than .com. He had a slide showing some ngTLDs that were active (I remember .app, .xyz, .club, .online and a few others were on it) and orally mentioned that .app had sold strongly (resales) in Asia. He also mentioned that sales patterns are very different in different parts of the world. GoDaddy/Afternic are setting up a local presence in China to better serve that market (it may be in place already, the person heading it up was at NamesCon).

Bob

•••
I only buy .com these days. Gotta be a heck of a keyword if its not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back