Dynadot

How One Registrar GODADDY Can RUIN your chances as a newbie

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ecomslice

Top Member
Impact
I sat for several months day and night, scanning , scanning scanning. I sat till 3am to smash refresh hundred times in the magical hour of drop. I now realize godaddy does not reflect what is available , I trusted them, I am CURSED to deal with them till I dissipate my struggle of a fist year behind me.

I do not blame them for my over reg'S or picks, hey im new. 99% of my portfolio sucks. i graciously admit.

but i had no reason to test there search engine for full failure.

I have spent months, 7 days every single week. and countless 20-30 hours straight sessions trying to make this work, while i sit here now like a FOOL !!!!! I AM A FOOL FOR TRUSTING ONE SYSTEM., knowing many of my lists sat for anyone else , for hours, and godaddy platform is so broken, and so unfair to let others know it is not reliable to such a degree that I am writing this. sometimes 10-40% incorrect. available and none showed with their system. i own this, i am a fool for trusting anything, anyone, but i hope to warn others. use them only for there liquidity, but as others take over, push them away so far that they crash and burn, ... .but hey their employees are super nice, so they will get jobs, their system can die.

BROKEN GOOD BYE, PATHETIC MARKET. OF INEQUALITY.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sat for several months day and night, scanning , scanning scanning. I sat till 3am to smash refresh hundred times in the magical hour of drop. I now realize godaddy does not reflect what is available , I trusted them, I am CURSED to deal with them till I dissipate my struggle of a fist year behind me.

I do not blame them for my over reg'S or picks, hey im new. 99% of my portfolio sucks. i graciously admit.

but i had no reason to test there search engine for full failure.

I have spent months, 7 days every single week. and countless 20-30 hours straight sessions trying to make this work, while i sit here now like a FOOL !!!!! I AM A FOOL FOR TRUSTING ONE SYSTEM., knowing many of my lists sat for anyone else , for hours, and godaddy platform is so broken, and so unfair to let others know it is not reliable to such a degree that I am writing this. sometimes 10-40% incorrect. available and none showed with their system. i own this, i am a fool for trusting anything, anyone, but i hope to warn others. use them only for there liquidity, but as others take over, push them away so far that they crash and burn, ... .but hey their employees are super nice, so they will get jobs, their system can die.

BROKEN GOOD BYE, PATHETIC MARKET. OF INEQUALITY.

sorry to hear it took so long

all the best to you

•••
what exactly happened? PM me your portfolio

•••
total post reflecting your disappointment...

I can understand this hurts because of your precious time and trust is invested in and return was not matching...

But what exactly happened is not clearly mentioned...I believe it will help for others if you are sharing something real...

Helps if you can share detailed information...

Thanks,
Ravi

•••
Never just use one platform, there are so many out there to use. The more you use, the better your chances.

I find emailing existing owners of names the best option, you can really bargains, especially if they are going to let the name drop anyway, although a lot of the time if names are dropping, there is a chance the name is not that good.

You have to be smart in this game, dont spent hours on end hitting refresh on a page, this is a waste of time, rather send a few email that take a couple of hours and find better names to purchase.

•••
I have no idea what the OP is saying is broke. Godaddy's domain search? Or their marketplace/auctions?

•••
I have no idea what the OP is saying is broke. Godaddy's domain search? Or their marketplace/auctions?
Maybe OP himself? Bought too many domains he can't sell or whatever.

•••
I AM A FOOL FOR TRUSTING ONE SYSTEM
And still your thread title says "Godaddy ruin".

I don't have many good words about GD, but i'm far from blaming them in my failures. Your thread title is misleading, slandering and disrespectful.

•••
Just another waste of my time reading. I've been with GoDaddy since conception with my services and though they had growing pains as any company, their tools are helpful. I get it though, this article would get a free paid promotion on this site because it's competition blasting. I can't believe I fell for the article headlines, it's a ridiculous read for anyone who has 200 plus domains and multiple services with GoDaddy however, classifying yourself as a newbie makes total sense.

•••
Well, you got one part of the post right (that you're a fool)

I still don't understand what your plan was though. Were you trying to hand-catch names that drop? You know you have 0.001% of catching anything good without a backorder service right? Don't they go to auction on GD anyway? I am at a loss at what's going on.

•••
no more response to this was ever expected from this industry. cheers. I wish you well also. Your such a welcoming crowd. and so shall the industry go with.

•••
So what registrar have you decided to use now?
Or are you leaning the domain business forever?

•••
no more response to this was ever expected from this industry. cheers. I wish you well also. Your such a welcoming crowd. and so shall the industry go with.

Because no one understands what you're even complaining about?

•••
Back