Dynadot

advice How much should I charge for a 3 letter .Mobi

NameSilo
Watch

Daniel Mac Sweeney

DanielMacSweeney.comTop Member
Impact
Hi there, I got an end user email wanting my 3 letter .Mobi Domain.
The Domain is not random letter but means something.

The offer €90

Should I accept, counter or decline

I appreciate your answers
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How long have you owned the name and how many previous inquiries? I would counter with $300-500 depending. Or you can play brinkmanship and ask for $1000. We get what we offer and accept!!goodluck

•••
For a dot mobi? I'd take it. Willing buyers for dot mobis are like unicorns.

•••
Almost $100, Take the money and run!!

•••
How do you know it is an end user?

Counter of course!

•••
How do you know it is an end user?

Counter of course!

For a dot mobi? I'd take it. Willing buyers for dot mobis are like unicorns.
Almost $100, Take the money and run!!

How long have you owned the name and how many previous inquiries? I would counter with $300-500 depending. Or you can play brinkmanship and ask for $1000. We get what we offer and accept!!goodluck

Thanks guys for helping me decide what to do.
Sent a counter and they declined.
Oh well, till next time.

•••
•••
•••
I agree with hawkeye.
You should have jumped back and say, okay I will sell it for your offer.
Oh well, greedy does as greedy is.

•••
I would have countered as well but probably not for a huge amount unless you know it is an end user and who they are. .mobi's have very little to no value anymore. To find someone actually seeking one out and offering you money is pretty rare these days.

You can always contact them back after a week or so and tell them that you've decided that you could sell if for the original asking price if they're still interested. How you look in their eyes will depend on how much you countered with. (i.e. if you countered with 5,000 and then you decide to sell for 100).

Good luck!

•••
Thanks guys for helping me decide what to do.
Sent a counter and they declined.
Oh well, till next time.
facepalm1.jpg

•••
I would not counter on a .mobi. That doesn't even make sense. It's not even a strong keyword.

•••
Well , since .mobi is sooooo bad u might as well give it freely to this potential end user [emoji47] .

Smhh...I've realized domaining is more abt Nos than Yeses. Say no to cheap, underselling prices!! The only thing worse than an undersell is the mentality that that underselling price is reasonable. Tbh, the inquiry alone is worth $50-$100/because its a confirmation of value.

•••
I would not counter on a .mobi. That doesn't even make sense. It's not even a strong keyword.

That doesn't matter in the eyes of an end user. Someone seen value in the name and that's all that matters.

99% of the time you should counter, but how much you counter with and how you counter is everything. You have to factor everything.

•••
wow these comments are quite outrageous imo but i guess thats why you own no .mobi(i dont either).

•••
wow these comments are quite outrageous imo but i guess thats why you own no .mobi(i dont either).

I owned (and sold) a lot of .mobi names back in the day (2006 - 2009). But now I wouldn't touch any .mobi with a 10 foot virtual stick.

•••
I have WTH.mobi -- i wouldnt cry if i sold if for 15$ ~

•••
I owned (and sold) a lot of .mobi names back in the day (2006 - 2009). But now I wouldn't touch any .mobi with a 10 foot virtual stick.

really? what if you own a kickbottom domain like I do.. gamblers.mobi

I am pretty sure you would decrease yoru stick size to about 2 feet for that one
haha
jk

•••
Just accept the first offer or give it away. The value of uber premium mobi is measured in cents.

•••
really? what if you own a kickbottom domain like I do.. gamblers.mobi

I am pretty sure you would decrease yoru stick size to about 2 feet for that one
haha
jk

LOL yeah I probably would! Good name :)

•••
LOL yeah I probably would! Good name :)

hahha.. i knew it! :)

well.. I just regged it two days ago. it's the only mobi I have. and something tells me its the only one I'l ever have.

I should have fun and check namebio for past mobi sales.. I gather most are yours from way back when lol

so its true even top kws in mobi are worthless today?

•••
so its true even top kws in mobi are worthless today?
Probably, yes. Keywords that used to command 6 figures are now worth... well maybe $0. Maybe $$$ or $,$$$ on a lucky day.
Never has an extension dropped in value so sharply.

•••
Probably, yes. Keywords that used to command 6 figures are now worth... well maybe $0. Maybe $$$ or $,$$$ on a lucky day.
Never has an extension dropped in value so sharply.

I see. that was before my domaining time.

I had no idea.

seems every extension that was.. and possibly will be.. will have its own little history to tell

rather cool.

cheers.

•••
It's just the idea of .mobi was cool and made sense in 2007. But unfortunately, with smartphones and apps the .mobi extension is no longer necessary. Plus, .App is coming in a few months.

The real game changer though was around 2010 a lot of web sites started using responsive layouts anyways, which would automatically detect whether you're viewing the site from a smart phone or from a laptop, etc. With this shift happening, the .mobi extension was no longer needed because .mobi was envisioned as a sort of separate web site / domain made specifically and only for content / layout for people browsing from their cell phones.

And again this was also before the smartphone / apps revolution that began just a few years ago.

•••
With low confidence, any domain can be sold for $5 or something close to nothing. Its all relative. who cares if .mobi isnt selling well? IF this buyer needs this name the situation is different!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back