IT.COM

advice How much should I ask for this domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys
I have received seven price requests for one of my domain names in short period.
It is brandable, and as you know it is hard to appraise this kind of domains.
The question is: How much should I ask for it?
Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How on earth are we supposed to know if you don't tell us the domain name? Start a thread in the appraisal section with the domain name and people can give you actual advice.

•••
How on earth are we supposed to know if you don't tell us the domain name? Start a thread in the appraisal section with the domain name and people can give you actual advice.
I think appraisal for brandable domains will not work, it is suitable just for keyword names.
The main factor here is that the domain received seven price requests, from different potential buyers.
Thanks

•••
I think appraisal for brandable domains will not work, it is suitable just for keyword names.
The main factor here is that the domain received seven price requests, from different potential buyers.
Thanks

So if you are telling me it's not possible to get an appraisal for a brandable word...then following that logic, there is no way we can come up with a price for it. Your logic is flawed, there are many different levels of brandable...how on earth do you expect someone to give you a price without knowing the name? That's like me telling you I have a great house that is perfect for a family, how much should I sell it for?...without showing you the house in question or knowing anything about it, you obviously can't formulate a value for it.

•••
What I can tell, it is two words domain related to drugs industry, the first one is generic word and the second is drugs.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
don't know if double letters are involved, what extension, lots of factors, is there a website? 1750 is a good amount for any domain, if the buyer says your crazy then knock a few dollars off, if the buyer gos sold, could've been 2250. Either way, 1750 is a good domain amount.

•••
don't know if double letters are involved, what extension, lots of factors, is there a website? 1750 is a good amount for any domain, if the buyer says your crazy then knock a few dollars off, if the buyer gos sold, could've been 2250. Either way, 1750 is a good domain amount.
It is aged .com (13 years old)
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I'll give you 50 bucks. Pretty good offer for a blind buy

•••
They should make rules to close threads like this, this is a waste of bandwidth.

•••
search

•••
•••
I think appraisal for brandable domains will not work, it is suitable just for keyword names,

Joomo, Jomzo, and Jomee are all brandables and and I'd appraise them all differently.

Also, a brandable/invented keyword domain in english could be an actual word or phrase in another language.

1. Use a word translator to detect if it means anything in another language
2. Search the domain name in quotes "keyword" do an extensive search
3. Compare all of your inquirers. Are they all coming from the same country/state/town? Google their names, could they all possibly be associated with the same company?

It could be something going viral in another country or in a social group, if there's sudden interest from different people, they're in-the-know about something and trying to get it cheap, so just hold on to it and don't quote prices.

Last edited:
•••
Ask what you think is right. You can aleays cry later for selling cheap.

•••
Thank you guys for all replies.
The point here is that I didn't receive any offers for it, just price request.

•••

It's really impossible to tell mate, without knowing more details.

Basically what you are asking is almost the same as someone asking this:

Hi guys, I want to sell my car....how much should I sell it for?

•••
•••

$15.868 USD

•••
•••
•••
What I can tell, it is two words domain related to drugs industry, the first one is generic word and the second is drugs.
Thanks

u mean, like TopDrugs/BestDrugs? The price can range $20 to $2000 or more, depending on the relevant words in the domain. Check for related other gtlds. Check past sales of such names etc. You may want to play bargain game to score. good luck.

•••
Thank you for making this thread funny.

Only a pleasure - Thank you for having a sense of humour and not getting all worked up about it :)

•••
Ask the buyers to make an offer first.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back