IT.COM

question How much I can make with domain investing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maxleron

Established Member
Impact
Hello Domainers, I wonder how much I can make from investing in selling domains as a monthly net profit,
I need experienced people full time working in the field to give me hint what is the average profit they are making in month and thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it depends entirely on how much time u invest into it

domaining is exact opposite of quick easy money

•••
it depends entirely on how much time u invest into it

domaining is exact opposite of quick easy money
My questions is not about me, I mean what high level domainers are making monthly as a full time working

•••
My questions is not about me, I mean what high level domainers are making monthly as a full time working

Sorry but can't see anyone telling you what they make :xf.wink: personal for a start.

But like alcy said. All down to what you put in.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry but can't see anyone telling you what they make :xf.wink: personal for a start.

But like alcy said. All down to what you put in.
I am looking to know numbers not logics!

•••
it depends how many domain you sell a month and if you have Quality Domains or just shit Domains.
* You can sell some domains this month and get between 1k - 10k , but after that you may not be successfully sell anything and wait a long time.
I hope you understand what I mean.

•••
•••
It depends on your budget and skills. Anywhere between $0 and $1 billion.

•••
Most domainers do not make money out of buying and selling domains.

•••
People tend to exaggerate things if they don't have a answer :guilty:

•••

This is not a franchising where you can fairly safely make a projection.

A lot depends on your skills and ability to figure out which names have 0.5%-2% chance of selling in any given year. That is 80% of the success pretty much. If you figure it out, you can scale up into 6 digit profits a year. You also need some cash, as you need 6 digit figure tied in investments in quality domains and also have enough funds to cover renewals.

All in all, you can make 20% to 50% return on your investment, if EVERYTHING is done right and also you don't invest any serious money the first year while you learn.

Word of caution: 50% of investors lose money in this business, 75% either lose or hardly break even or make peanuts.

•••

dude.. you seriously need to stop asking what longtime exeprienced members make.. and put all your time and effort into becoming one.
cause its a crapload of time and effort to get there. let's not waste it on
beyond futile queries
heh
lol

•••
Domaining is waste of time, all nice names taken in 90th.

•••
Hello Domainers, I wonder how much I can make from investing in selling domains as a monthly net profit,
I need experienced people full time working in the field to give me hint what is the average profit they are making in month and thanks
You will make between 3-10 billion per year as long as your willing to invest 5 hours a week and at least $100.

This guy gets his kicks out of making these idiotic posts. Don't encourage him by wasting your time trying to give real answers. His sole purpose in posting is to get a rise out of people. Just take a look at his other posts if you have any doubt.

•••
I think experience counts for a lot in domaining. Much more so than digital marketing and other 'make money online' schemes Most won't make their first $X,XXX sale for several years, and then even longer for your first $XX,XXX.

As a benchmark I'm sure you will find dozens of people in the forums here that have had $100K+ years, and even fewer who can replicate that consistently.

If you can imagine that all the money that is going to be made in domaining this year is already accounted for, you can see that you have to buy domains from expiries/markets in order to make a profit. It's about taking market share off other big players because making money from new registrations is really a fraction of the market.

•••
This is not a franchising where you can fairly safely make a projection.

A lot depends on your skills and ability to figure out which names have 0.5%-2% chance of selling in any given year. That is 80% of the success pretty much. If you figure it out, you can scale up into 6 digit profits a year. You also need some cash, as you need 6 digit figure tied in investments in quality domains and also have enough funds to cover renewals.

All in all, you can make 20% to 50% return on your investment, if EVERYTHING is done right and also you don't invest any serious money the first year while you learn.

Word of caution: 50% of investors lose money in this business, 75% either lose or hardly break even or make peanuts.

That's an honest reply and greatly appreciated...this obviously is a model that requires a learning curve and does not come with an easy button...the same goes with most most business models or online ventures. It will take time and testing and investment in the right education to make this work

•••
Most domainers just starting out don't have the capital or experience to properly invest in profitable names. In my first year of buying and selling just domain names (I developed websites prior), I ended with a profit of $1200. I also had a pretty sizeable portfolio of domains, some which sold the next year, some which I dropped (shouldn't have registered them in the first place - happens to everybody), and the rest I held longer or still have. So that first year ended averaging a net profit of $100 per month. I can't even begin to estimate how many hours I spent that year domaining. Good thing it's just a side business.

•••
I am looking to know numbers not logics!
you'd be better off getting a part - time job :xf.smile: at least that's guaranteed money .

•••
Here are a few scenarios:

1. You come into this business with a nice bankroll and make smart buys and have the ability to hold and sell for nice profits. Rinse and repeat and make real money.

2. You come in and start learning while making smaller purchases, using them to learn even more about what sells, what doesn't and even why. Do this more than part time if you really want to be successful. You still may end up losing money but not as much as buying 1000 domains with zero knowledge and not selling most of them by the end of your 1st year. There are current examples of this right now in this forum from people who don't care to take advice from the pros here.

3. Don't read the forum or learn, spend a lot of money and lose it all. Not advisable however.

•••
If you are just selling domains then you are limiting yourself as far as profit is concerned. Most successful domain sellers diversify their online assets. Also, they have become naming professionals. Additionally, they have a high esteem of themselves as domain sellers, built a professional image and reputation, and have the best interests of the buyers in mind. Then the limit to what you can make only depends on your commitment to the business. There is no average.

•••
How much you make is directly correlated to the amount of work you put in analyzing market trends, studying profitable sales and outbounding potential buyers. You may also get inbound offers, but the reality is you can't rely on just that. At some point you may also consider developing a few names to create recurring monthly revenue.

As stated above there is no average. Put in the work and you'll reap the benefits. There is no perfect path to profit. The only thing that's guaranteed is the mistakes you make along the way. Whether or not you learn from them is up to you.

Last edited:
•••
To make small fortune you must start with a large one.

(Not sure who first coined this phrase but it sure rings true with domaining for the most part).

•••
People are not just depending on domain they have other streams of income. It depends how good is your name, backlinks, how old it it. There are professionals who keep looking to purchase the domain if it expires.

•••
You will make a billion dollars.

•••
If you are asking this question then you are NOT reading enough of this forum.

No easy money or easy answers in this business, but the experience from the members here is worth gold.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back