Dynadot

domain How much do you think this domain is worth? - e-tutor dot com.

NameSilo
Watch

Graceama

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone.. Yea, I'm pretty new here.

I recently got a domain name e-tutor dot com. dont know if I'm allowed to post links,since my account is new.

I'm about listing it for sale and was wondering, what do you think will be a good price point for this name and how do you think I can get it sold fast?

Experts opinion will really be appreciated. I'm new to the world of domaining, but really interested in it.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i don't like hyphen, even though the name is good and relevant
you acquired it for $ 1,250? I think it's an overprice
hyphens not trend anymore

•••
@Ostrados are you expecting Covid to be over any time soon? Had you noticed the time lapse between pandemics is narrowing rapidly?

I've already said I'd buy it within that price range immediately, so the quick sale for a ridiculously low price is already covered.

Nobody knows, I think within 1 year it will be over (hopefully) which is short time for domains selling.

•••
•••
@Ostrados I think you are very optimistic on the pandemic front and very pessimistic on the domain front.

It shouldn't take a year to sell a good domain in a hot market. Poorer domains in a flatter market, yes, and often far longer than a year. But a good domain in a currently hot situation? Direct selling? (outbound as it's called around here).

Add to that the fact I said I'd buy at a low enough price. What I have not said is that I'd then be in a hurry to sell. I would be prepared to research and market the name fully to get the best price available.

You pitched in with how much you would sell it for "for a quick sale". The quick sale scenario had already been covered. That was the point of my post. But even if I am wrong on the pandemic and it lifts sooner than I predict, its business consequences will be with us for an awfully long time to come.

Last edited:
•••
@Ostrados I think you are very optimistic on the pandemic front and very pessimistic on the domain front.

It shouldn't take a year to sell a good domain in a hot market. Poorer domains in a flatter market, yes, and often far longer than a year. But a good domain in a currently hot situation? Direct selling? (outbound as it's called around here).

Add to that the fact I said I'd buy at a low enough price. What I have not said is that I'd then be in a hurry to sell. I would be prepared to research and market the name fully to get the best price available.

You pitched in with how much you would sell it for "for a quick sale". The quick sale scenario had already been covered. That was the point of my post. But even if I am wrong on the pandemic and it lifts sooner than I predict, its business consequences will be with us for an awfully long time to come.
This Pandemic??? Its here to stay with us Mike..

Although I'm really not basing the domain vale on the pandemic, because the world will continually needs education and who else provides it best than a tutor? the word 'E" just only takes the trade online.. meaning you can now get a 1 on 1 private tutor for areas you lack expertise, without any long term contract.. Now that's global than the traditional classroom.

even before the pandemic tons of people have been searching for E-tutors, math's and physics tutors, tutors near me and more..

Even without digging deep, I wont bet these businesses were all started during the pandemic..

Been following your post on this topic??
Just curious, Are you interested in this domain??

•••
i don't like hyphen, even though the name is good and relevant
you acquired it for $ 1,250? I think it's an overprice
hyphens not trend anymore
What you fail to see is that this particular hyphen is more like a word itself that makes the whole thing make sense.

Thanks for your input anyway.

•••
•••
I would bet a high $x,xxx or more if you have patience. However, you have the potential, to reach this value if you find the correct buyer. A lower sale is much more possible. See: https://namebio.com/?s==QTM1EDN5kjM

•••
•••
•••
At Namebio.com there are 14 domains sold beginning with "e-" over $10k.
And the quality of this one would be on the top of them. In my opinion.
Not to mention the rest of hyphenated domains sold. I see 50 hyphenated domains sold at Namebio.com for more than $22k.
I have to say again that I don't like too much and don't have any hyphenated domain, but definitely this one would be a nice exception.
By the way, germans LOVE hyphens, and pay high prices for them.
I bet if this was e-tutor.de we'll be talking tens of thousands of dollars...
Still baffles me how Germans spend so much on domain names..

•••
I sold an eleven character dot com with the keyword tutor in it - no hyphen - for $1500. At the end of the day it depends on the market. If there is a big buyer who needs such a domain you might get a lot. If not, you have to decide on taking closer to comparable sales value - such as protutor.com sold for $1900. - or waiting.

And as noted, the hyphen detracts from the value for a dot com.

This is why sometimes I sell a given domain for low to mid five figures that has people scratching their heads as to how XYNames got so much for it. It just depends on the buyer’s vision and how big it is.

Last edited:
•••
•••

I recently got a domain name e-tutor dot com. dont know if I'm allowed to post links,since my account is new.

I'm about listing it for sale and was wondering, what do you think will be a good price point for this name and how do you think I can get it sold fast?

Experts opinion will really be appreciated. I'm new to the world of domaining, but really interested in it.

Thank you.

Hi,
First of all I must say pretty bold of you to buy this domain at such a price. But if you have the funds, then why not.
Being a newbie as well I find it quite amusing. Also I think that this is a nice domain that can sell for a good amount if catered to a right buyer, especially now when online learning is becoming the new normal.
Good luck.

•••
It’s not that great of a name and you would be lucky to get anything close to 10k ...Is that a dash in there too ?

•••
What you fail to see is that this particular hyphen is more like a word itself that makes the whole thing make sense.

Thanks for your input anyway.

e-tutor not a word, this is made up word
there is no actual word that reads e-tutor

exceptions for e-commerce, this exists and is common

Last edited:
•••
If you really have the .com have patience. It sounds good, potential, have patience.

Park it "make offer" at marketplace. Good luck and don't sell cheap. You only can sell a domain once imo ...

If you sold the domain succesfully and you're happy with the price let us know.

My only negative point is the "-" in the domain. Go for it!

•••

Thank you.

A domain is worth what you get for it.

In this case I offer 2.5k via paypal in USD

Offer valid for 24 hours from the date of this post.

So there you go, a quick profit of 1k and $250 for incidental costs.

To answer the question...

At the moment the domain has a value of exactly $2,500, anything else is sheer speculation and could come to fruition or not.

Your call...

Last edited:
•••

At the moment the domain has a value of exactly $2,500, anything else is sheer speculation and could come to fruition or not.

Your call...
@Graceama I'd at least contact @MapleDots to hear him out on this offer if you want a quick and fast flip of this domain.

Kudos to MapleDots!

Just keep in mind, MapleDots is a domain seller himself and his offer is probably at resale price. Could you get a higher offer? Sure. End users usually pay more. When would be the question though. If you have got the time and patience to wait out and try to do some work for yourself in trying to sell the domain, by all means go for it. Otherwise, you got a nice offer right now waiting for you for a quick and easy profit :P

Last edited:
•••
I would put the BIN price around $5k

•••
NameWorth puts it at $45k. I haven't done any due diligence or proper valuation yet but gut feel tells me it could go for more with the right sales approach. If you're letting it go for anything like what the earlier posters are suggesting talk to me first please. I'm sure I could raise at least a couple of grand in a hurry.

Covid means home learning. Home tutorship businesses are raking it in and looking for an edge.

The normal rules about hyphens and whatever apply in those markets where it's hard to sell in the first place. In such a vibrant market as this, forget the rules, just look at how valuable it is to an end user.

NameWorth just like all value predictors is flawed. If people want an edge they will go for a dictionary word pertaining to this market or some strong version of it. If someone really wants this phrase they will try to get etutor.com from its current owner. This hyphenated domain would not be anyone’s first choice unless the price is very compelling. I think he overpaid for this domain but he can flip it for a nice profit if expectations are realistic.

Last edited:
•••

Your call...
@Graceama

you should take this right away

•••
hard to price that domain it's pretty good and 2,5k it's good deal anyway.

•••
It is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

•••
Great futuristic brand name.

2.5k is a really good deal, flip it and reinvest.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back