IT.COM

How many wordpress site can $5 vps host?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bluemeteor

Established Member
Impact
i check vultr $5 vps 1g memory 1cpu. A little more than digital ocean and its kind. How many Wordpress mini site can it host up?
Or is it better to use hosgater’s unlimited domain web hosting?

I just do some mini blogs with some pages each domain. for parking purpose. I admit wp is overkill.

I see there are also static site generator. But heard not user friendly and hard to do seo.

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
" How many wordpress site ? " ... wrong question ( i think )

the size of vps (RAM mostly) depends on your traffic, more traffic (concurrent users) require more RAM. Vultr 1Gb vps will use about 300-500Mb for your OS and utilities (mail/spamassasin etc) , that leaves your 500Mb for sites .... with that amount i'm guessing you can get maybe 100 concurrrent users. More that, your server will start giving 500 errors. if your sites(all of it) getting like 20 concurrent users/second all day ... that means 1728000 hits per day ... you should be okay with that package

Best thing is, you can upgrade within few minutes ... so just hit the deploy button and test it.

i'll paint a picture : 2Gb vps with 1 site getting 8000 hits per day uses 1.5 Gb RAM on busy hour
{ wordpress + WP Super Cache + 'minify plugin(dont remember the name)' }

i had the same idea actually and yes WP(for each) is overkill.

good luck

Last edited:
•••
...I just do some mini blogs with some pages each domain. for parking purpose. I admit wp is overkill.
I see there are also static site generator. But heard not user friendly and hard to do seo.
What do you think?
Why not do both? Stick with WP or any other CMS to conveniently manage your sites (Drupal has a cool multi-site module) and do SEO, but also deploy a webhead in front of it (using Varnish, HA Proxy or Nginx configured as a proxy server) to serve static versions of your sites. Best of both worlds :xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Why not do both? Stick with WP or any other CMS to conveniently manage your sites (Drupal has a cool multi-site module) and do SEO, but also deploy a webhead in front of it (using Varnish, HA Proxy or Nginx configured as a proxy server) to serve static versions of your sites. Best of both worlds :xf.grin:
Oh,I'll check that out.

•••
Back