IT.COM

strategy How many of you are settled out of your home country for domaining and why?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domainerfella

DN.DOMAINSTop Member
Impact
I know a few guys who have settled shop out of their home country, like a distant island in Thailand, so on and so forth.

Where are you guys located and what prompted you to make that decision?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I know some of my friends who are Internet Marketers (not specifically domainers) have choosen to stay in places like Vietnam and Thailand. 1 is originally from the U.K and the other is from U.S. both have pretty much the same reasons for moving there.

They like the quality of life and super low cost of living, this enables them to build their business and being able to survive comfortably at a fraction of the cost that they would have to pay if they stayed in their home countries. The weather is awesome and both are able to get a decent Internet connection. The one in Thailand says he often meets other Internet Marketers and they share ideas and collaborate because he often visits the Punspace offices in Thailand and works from there whenever he feels like. Off course the fact that both of these guys are highly attracted to Eastern women is the cherry on top for them :)

I actually plan on heading down to Thailand for a few months soon this year as well.

•••
Marine Corps took me to Okinawa, Japan in 2006 and I've been here ever since (with the exception to a vacation or two back to the States).

•••
I am actually living in Germany, but however this has an another reason ... ^^

•••
•••
Marine Corps took me to Okinawa, Japan in 2006 and I've been here ever since (with the exception to a vacation or two back to the States).
Are you still with the marines? Any particular reasons to continue in Japan?

•••
Are you still with the marines? Any particular reasons to continue in Japan?
Not affiliated anymore. But, @deez007 pretty much summed up why anyone would choose to stay here longer. :-P

•••
Over years we've been roaming all over the place. Originally, I'm from the Netherlands but at some point moved to the US, Africa, different countries in Europe for years. For the moment settled in Belgium running a small offline business.

Not living from domaining atm but eventually would like it to be a big pillar for supporting the nomadic lifestyle.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back