IT.COM

How many of you are on Twitter?

NameSilo
Watch

Brands.International

MarekTop Member
Impact
Guys,

how many of you are on Twitter? Are you doing some good sales there? Let's discuss :)

I personally started my Twitter account yesterday (and would be glad if you connect me there).

After having more than 12k followers on LinkedIn, I want to experiment with Twitter now, as I think LinkedIn can be sometimes pretty boring and slow.

Twitter seems to be more lively.

GL to everyone, and create your Twitter presence if you are not there yet!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, that's the only issue I take. The energy resources wasted to create them/power transactions.

I don't think they add much value overall anyway so it's concerning to see this take off big time.

Let's hope over time more people will opt for the environmental friendly options. Ultimately if society continues to go 'virtual/online' more and more we're all doomed in my opinion. Orwellian doom If you'd ask me but that's beyond the reach of this thread so let's save that for a thread focussing on the philosophical side of the issues this world faces as of today.
Yes, I agree - it is likely going to be a pretty Orwellian doom. The good thing it is still time to prepare for it. I see that many very intelligent and rich people are now hastily learning about blockchain/crypto/NFTs - they know that there is only a few-year time period, and if they do not catch up, the power they accumulated will transfer somewhere else.

I think domainers are very well positioned to understand NFTs, as we are pioneers when it comes to the value of totally non-fungible things :)

I would personally not underestimate NFTs - they are just another form of agreement between humans, and will serve as a store of value, access, privileges, voting power, etc.

•••
And now back on topic, to Twitter :)

•••
...I tell you this ...
If you can't inner and recognize what you're doing, at least, just skip telling me and other ppl what I / we should do or not. Fix your inner first, than you can deliver a good vibe for all of us. btw. I'm on twitter since January 2007 so skip giving me/us how-to. I full stop w further blab.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
If you can't inner and recognize what you're doing, at least, just skip telling me and other ppl what I / we should do or not. Fix your inner first, than you can deliver a good vibe for all of us. btw. I'm on twitter since January 2007 so skip giving me/us how-to. I full stop w further blab.

Regards
You are constantly attacking me again and again - if you do not like my "vibe" and my posts irritate you, please feel free to stop interacting with me. Simply do not participate in my threads Lox.

Thank you :)

•••
Interesting thread. I'm trying my hand at promoting on Twitter > https://mobile.twitter.com/DomainsMel
Only thing is, I'm still not sure how to directly approach potential clients. I don't want to seem spammy or harass. Any opinions on how to go about selling domains via Twitter?

•••
Using social media to sell your domains is basically like saying, "a good domain isn't gonna cut it to sell your stuff". Think about it, is that the message you want to convey as a domainer?
Hear what you are saying, but gathering dust waiting for someone to just happen upon your domain doesn't cut it either, particularly when you want to profit in the short term.

•••
Twitter is for following other domainers in the industry, networking and seeing sales and news that is reported there. It is not likely you will sell names for much of anything on Twitter but promoting occasionally is fine. Been on there since I started.

Last edited:
•••
twitter is great to reach companies and some hard-to-reach people directly.

I have my own profile and try to keep the number of accounts I follow under 100.. follow companies I work with, few people I like and few friends. .. everything else can be found using search :)

the company accounts are different of course - these are "must have" for any company.

---

12k connections on Linkedin? :) and how is it? .. I have around 5k, and, honestly, hate it :D :D .. too many people I haven't met, or have met just once in some event for 5 mins

all the best! H

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back