IT.COM

question How many domanins do I have to buy/sell, to have steady income?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Allgoodnamesaretaken

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

I, like many newbies watched youtube vids about domain flipping and have wet dreams about selling domains for 5k every month. Question is, does anyone make stable gains every month? My goal is to make 1k a month (I live in eastern europe, 1k is enough to live comfortable in rented apartment). How hard would it be, even if I buy GOLDEN domains like cars.com? How long it takes to sell domains in general.

Also, Im a little confused about 60 days transfer limit. I can put domains on marketplace right after buying them, but what if someone buys any of my domains before 60 days go by? Does the buyer have to wait for the timer to run out? And what happens if I find a buyer myself and want to transfer it to him, do I have to wait those 60 days aswell?

Thank you for the anwsers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

HI.

I, like many newbies watched youtube vids about domain flipping and have wet dreams about selling domains for 5k every month. Question is, does anyone make stable gains every month? My goal is to make 1k a month (I live in eastern europe, 1k is enough to live comfortable in rented apartment). How hard would it be, even if I buy GOLDEN domains like cars.com? How long it takes to sell domains in general.

Buying and selling domains can is hard work but is is very easy to make expensive mistakes.

If you have an area of expertise, in example retail or real estate, start searching for domains for those markets. If you find a domain for sale that relates to a market you understand, you can judge if there is room to make money.

Finding a domain you can afford is the hard part. Don't settle and buy a weak alternative, patience and research are important. Think about who you are going to sell a domain too before you buy it.

If you're lazy, you will spend hundreds of dollars or even thousands, hand registering useless domains. Don't fall into the trap, I only have to sell one to get my money back.. That's a long shot.

Also, Im a little confused about 60 days transfer limit. I can put domains on marketplace right after buying them, but what if someone buys any of my domains before 60 days go by? Does the buyer have to wait for the timer to run out? And what happens if I find a buyer myself and want to transfer it to him, do I have to wait those 60 days aswell?

Thank you for the anwsers!

Most registrars will let you push ( transfer ) a domain to another customer before the 60 day lock expires.

All the best to you.

Last edited:
•••
Back