IT.COM

discuss How long do you keep your "brandable" domain minimal in porfolio?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PatrickV

Established Member
Impact
How long do you want to keep a brandable domain name minimum in your portfolio?

For me personal it's minimal 10 years, before i register a brandable domain name.

GLTA!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The classic saying: Depends on what it is. I'm impatient, I can't hold for 10 years. IMO

•••
You sound so definite. So do you pay for the 10 years registration up front? Or do you only pay yearly to leave you the wiggle room to drop it earlier.

•••
You sound so definite. So do you pay for the 10 years registration up front? Or do you only pay yearly to leave you the wiggle room to drop it earlier.
he has done a fair few threads in this vein - he seems to revel in the fact that in his mind he has excellent domains that he is holding for the long term and will not sell unless it is for a huge price....and wants everyone to know this......

•••
Unless you are emotionally attached to them, why would you want to hold them for any number of years, like why you even formulated a question like this? Just curious.
You just sell it for the best offer that suits both you and a buyer, no? No matter when it happens - after 10 days or 10 years...that's how I see it.

•••
Unless the domain is perishable or worthless, you should keep it forever.
There are no time limits.
If it is worth buying, it is worth keeping.

•••
I already renewal some of my domain names for 10 years . It depend If you see your domain name have high value it worth to keep them for long term.

•••
It depends. Not all "brandables" are created equal.

Anything decent in .COM I am not dropping at this point though, with more than 160M+ registrations.

There is no substitute for time when it comes to making end user sales.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Back