Dynadot

poll How frequently do you sell domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

How frequently do you sell domain names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Every week

votes
    16.3%
  • Every month

votes
    29.3%
  • Every 3 months

votes
    20.3%
  • Every 6 months

votes
    11.4%
  • Every 1 year

votes
    17.1%
  • Every 5 years

votes
    5.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Irrespective of the amount of sale (amount being greater than $250), how frequently do you sell a domain name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Im Giving Domain Investing a Second Try , First time i tried i sold 2 domains in 2 yrs and almost Broke even on Money Invested

Last edited:
•••
•••
You sell 'Every day'?! You must be a terrific domainer!!!

I sell every week.
I asked about the "every day" option just in case some domainer wants to select that option.

•••
I sell every week.
I asked about the "every day" option just in case some domainer wants to select that option.
Every week means is still a terrific name collection!
Have Twitter account?

•••
•••
6k per month? I do not think there is any entity on earth that sells that many - not even HugeDomains.

The range was in referece to average renewal fees. It is close to $6k/month.

I believe HD might be selling that many. They probably have 8-9 million names and at 1% STR they are selling 80k to 90k names every year (6.7k to 7.6k per month)

•••
•••
Im Giving Domain Investing a Second Try , First time i tried i sold 2 domains in 2 yrs and almost Broke even on Money Invested
Thanks for sharing that. There are those with very large portfolios, with regular sales. I wonder if your case is more the average of what those on this forum really experience.
For myself, over the approximately past ten months of finally seriously trying to sell the domains, three sales have happened. This is with a small portfolio that I was trying to slim down, and appears to be falling in the estimated annual 1-2% STR that folks generally say to expect. My hopes had been higher...

•••
Sorry, how many domains do You have before and now after dropping them? My question is related to the fact that I still don't know if I should do this, so I am interested in statistics and personal experience of other domainers
Too many to mention. Some I have dropped and gotten offers of 3000 USD a month later.

Just got an offer today for 2800 USB for a domain which I was thinking about dropping on it's expiry date. Have been negotiating from 2000 USB with this buyer so the sale is assured. It's a niche domain in a scandinavian language.

There are no guarantees or timelines in this business.

•••
•••
3-4 a year. Portfolio size 400 Domains.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
6k per month? I do not think there is any entity on earth that sells that many - not even HugeDomains.

The range was in referece to average renewal fees. It is close to $6k/month.

How is your renewal cost so low with a 50K+ portfolio size? Wouldn't it be around $40,000 a month for renewals alone? If you don't mind sharing what is your average sale price? Are you mostly selling Hand registered?

Last edited:
•••
When did they get so many?

Thought it was more around 4-5 million.

I believe HD might be selling that many. They probably have 8-9 million names and at 1% STR they are selling 80k to 90k names every year (6.7k to 7.6k per month)

•••
I didn't sell any domain name till now, I have only one domain name celebsgraphic.com worth only $159

•••
I have been averaging one a year, portfolio of less then 50 names, but I already sold one this year ($2500) so lets hope for 2 this year! :xf.smile:

•••
I started my journey 2-3 months ago, and sold 3 seo domains for a total value of $1500 - 20%, spent $150

•••
3-5 domain names with the lowest price of $2000 can be sold every month, now portfolio size: about 3200

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back