Dynadot

debate How Economic Recession Or Depression Affects Domain Trade ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

blue crystal

Established Member
Impact
I would like to know from those domainers who have experience on these situations or are informed about this matter.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the number of domain name sales is somewhat proportional to the number of web sites created each year then it seems that the economic recession of 2008 affected it but it had a delayed effect because the decrease of web sites happened only two years later ( 2010 ). See graph:
number-of-websites-chart.jpg

https://techjury.net/blog/how-many-websites-are-there/

•••
Why you ask?
Very bad Q3???
I can confirm, it is almost 0 for me in terms of sales.

•••
Glad you've raised this, Will be a great buying period if you have capital to spend

Sellers good luck

•••
That great time to buy good quality domains at give away prices then wait for the recession to pass before selling.

•••
Glad you've raised this, Will be a great buying period if you have capital to spend

Sellers good luck

However, by analyzing the graph above, the last recession ( 2008 ) shows just a little ( if any ) and delayed influence on domain trade, not much different from non-recession years.

Last edited:
•••
That great time to buy good quality domains at give away prices then wait for the recession to pass b
However, by analyzing the graph above, the last recession ( 2008 ) shows just a little ( if any ) and delayed influence on domain trade, not much different from non-recession years.
The value of domains has really gone up with much more people into domain investment. Once purchasing power goes down, people will not be able to spend the amount they spend on domains now under recession.

Just my opinion.

•••
Back