IT.COM

discuss How do you price your domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
It’s something I’ve been trying to improve for years now, stripping emotional attachment out of the equation and focusing on ROI when it comes to domain pricing. Since I started in the domain name world I’ve tried to sell domains for at least 10x what I paid for them. Compare this to any other industry on the planet and those would be ridiculous expectations but as we all know, domains are different.
The question I always ask myself is, should I focus on making sure I hit a specific ROI goal or should I keep going down the path of evaluating the price of each name and trying to get what I think is fair market value for each?..
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
a return on investment policy might not always be best when trying to lead the domains out. the right mix of both approaches assures maximum sale in my opinion

•••
pricing of the domains somewhat depends on the estibot value and also on the requirement of domain by the end user

•••
Price depends on multiple factors and possible price that a user might pay. Once decided on the domain name price then one has to wait for the buyer. But at times seller keep the domain base price way to high and the domain remains unsold.

•••
•••
How do I price my names? - Far too low, but that gives me a chance to complain about it, and maybe that makes the buyer feel better. :)

•••
a cross over between the estibot price and my ROI targets

•••
Have an idea of estibot value

•••
Estibot and on the potential of the buyer, as in how much can he pay.

•••
1. see the estibot value, however it only gives a rough estimate and at times it can be misleading.
2. the age of the domain and the length of the domain name.
3. how much you think the buyer can pay.
4. how much longer can you hold the domain.

•••
1. see the estibot value, however it only gives a rough estimate and at times it can be misleading.

•••

•••
i'd stick to this triage robo made so much efforts to make. so much so he had to post it 3 times just to tell us how hard it was.

•••
depends more or less on the estibot value of the domain

•••
•••
only using estibot could be misleading

•••
Its funny how everyone still mentions estibot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back