NameSilo

How do you identify domains for hand reg?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Buying and Domain Purchases, started by abstractdomainer, Sep 10, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. abstractdomainer

abstractdomainer Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

If you are not going for geo domain names when hand registering, how do you find good domain names to register?

I feel that people who can't afford a budget of $5,000 to begin with and want to make it quick instead of waiting for their first sale still have a good option of hand registering, making some small sales, and scaling. I know I have shared it earlier, but my personal way of doing it would be this:

1) Check Namebio and BrandBucket, to identify hot keywords which people are already selling or investing in. Sometimes I also scroll through LinkedIN to check out sales from reputed domainers and see what keywords are selling. For example, a trend that might emerge doing this is virtual, hub, solutions, wfh etc maybe hot keywords.
    2) Use LeanDomainSearch to find some good domain names
    3) Register on a cheap registrar if planning to sell in 1 year or a good registrar with a cheap effective 2-year price if planning to hold for multiple years
    4) Put it on Afternic and Sedo and wait for buyers

What is your hack to hand registrations if you do the same?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. abstractdomainer

Any thoughts on this?
    I, for one, know that the hand-registration market still exists for names that you might want to hold for 3/4 years (brandable registrations) or for names that are quick flips (geo names).

3. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Restricted (15-30%)

My recent reg AUKUZ.COM
    I predict big traffic on AUKUS(,) COM so I grabbed a typo / with Z looks brandable 5 letter dotcom.

4. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Restricted (15-30%)

Future business ideas and possible use...

My recent hand reg

IMG_20210920_010050.png
    Smarts - Great business name for glasses...

5. abstractdomainer

Apologies but this is not valuable. The typo is a big one. This plan may not work.

6. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

I put together a list of domains, close my eyes, run my finger up and down the list and sing......

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe
    Catch a tiger by the toe
    If he hollers let him go,
    Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

Wherever my finger lands at the end is the one........

Seems a lot of people also do this

7. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

With all due respect, hand reg done right is not a stepping stone. It brings 4 to 5 figures routinely if you know what you are doing. Its very lucrative particularly in the brandable and future tech niches. Age is nothing but a number applies to domains as well.

As far as methods, I am pretty sure most use similar methods with variable degrees of success. Mastery of the English language is a must. Hand reg is probably best suited for someone with at least a few years under their belt as they will be better at it with domaining experience.

Even top domainers partake in hand reg in emerging or future trends.

8. abstractdomainer

Tis is a very fair point! The take-away being, even in hand regs, have a 5 year perspective.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice