Wanted How do you find a lead for doing outbound

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furquan

JokerTop Member
Impact
Finding a lead is one of a tough process. It's always painful for me to find a lead for my domains. So far I found this method very helpful for me.

Google:- A simple site:whateveryourdomain can give you some lead

Social Media:- I find leads using Linkedin but not free after one month as you need pay in order to contact end-user using their In-Mail feature.

How you find lead for your domain name?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Finding a lead is one of a tough process. It's always painful for me to find a lead for my domains. So far I found this method very helpful for me.

Google:- A simple site:whateveryourdomain can give you some lead

Social Media:- I find leads using Linkedin but not free after one month as you need pay in order to contact end-user using their In-Mail feature.

https://dropelf.com/leads :- A cool tools which automatically find leads based on our domains names.

What method you are using for finding leads?

@rohitgoyal contributed to a killer chapter on outbound here:

https://domaingraduate.com/

It might be the most useful chapter of the eBook.

I am personally not a big outbound guy but for bootstrappers flipping hand-registrations, it is a great way to get started and quickly identify replicable patterns that work.

As for Dropelf from @Gube, he has some more good stuff coming there soon.

•••
•••

In another thread you posted an example (email message) ... I'm not sure you're aware of it ... anyhow that's not how this works. You didn't follow neither SDR nor BDR procedure ... called "nurturing" + "invitation for a meeting (call, chat, email, conversation) with YOU (Authority, Expert, Reputable) about THEIR NEEDS".

This is especially important if you're representing something without having a really good reason that people should buy from you. Buyer need extremely detailed intelligence. What, Why, Where, Who, How, When, Consider, Sincerely vs Thanks.

Tell a real story! Why they need ... before even asking you - Why.

Good Luck!

Regards

Last edited:
•••
In another thread you posted an example (email message) ... I'm not sure you're aware of it ... anyhow that's not how this works. You didn't follow neither SDR nor BDR procedure ... called "nurturing" + "invitation for a meeting (call, chat, email, conversation) with YOU (Authority, Expert, Reputable) about THEIR NEEDS".
Yeah, I agree with you on all of this.

But a simple message letting them know that the domain name is for sale still work when the end-user own similar domain name. On that case that person owned LocksmithOxnardCA.com and I was offering him a better name Locksmith Oxnard.com

The lead was generated by Dropelf.com

•••
What method you are using for finding leads?

That is top secret information!!! :xf.smile:

Finding leads is just part of the puzzle. Creating a 'leads list' is easy enough (as you indicate above, giggle and others will do that for you quickly) but determining why the name is right for them (rather than the name they are using) is the beginning of the real work.

After doing that research, it has to be determined what sales technique will work for that individual decision making personality. The wrong approach could kill the deal before it begins.

Then the piece of the puzzle of how you contact that individual directly rather than stalling at an underling or getting blocked by 'spam' catcher has to be fit in.

In the middle of all of this 'digging' the pricing is being determined...this in itself is another puzzle building process (is the business growing, what are its assets, is it an individual, llc, corporation,etc).

Whew...makes me tired just thinking about it all...

Last edited:
•••
Yeah, I agree with you on all of this.

But a simple message letting them know that the domain name is for sale still work when the end-user own similar domain name. On that case that person owned LocksmithOxnardCA.com and I was offering him a better name Locksmith Oxnard.com

The lead was generated by Dropelf.com

... more natural lead is locksmithoxnard (net) or OxnardLocksmithService (com) . (When it comes to buying domains, micro businesses are more likely to take a different approach f.e. small city, 10 competitors, walk-in or per-call vs order online / email. ) For locksmiths, call now is preferable.

Regards

•••
Thanks for sharing this information.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back