Dominion.Domains

How do you convince end users to buy your domain names

Discussion in 'General Domain Discussion' started by Sunkymike, Jun 1, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. AuctionBio

AuctionBio Active Member VIP

Waoo what a method... but ohh its not, hang on, its un-ethical and sort of cheating,
    many on this forum can tell you many cheating methods, but it all bad thing to do. these kind of methods actually hurts the whole industry.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Gold Account VIP

While you are selling a domain name to the end user, you have to tell them how important this name is for the prosperity of the company. How this domain name will bring extra clients to them. You emphasis them that this domain name can shoot up their bottom line ultimately. You arouse interest and make them feel that buying this domain name is first thing to do.

3. frank-germany

frank-germany F1lter.com xpired domain search engine Gold Account VIP

that depends...

4. frank-germany

still they won't buy them

no

as they are not called piling contractors in germany

5. Sunkymike

Sunkymike Established Member

Can you help me with a sample of a mail (sent to an end user) that relates to what you wrote above?

6. Sunkymike

So what medium do you use to sell you domain names (especially the .biz names).

7. Bulloney

Bulloney Upgraded Member Blue Account

"Personally I don't do outbound, I prefer that end users come to us - then they are already convinced they need/want your domain, and the only question is how much."
    So Kate...who would "us" be? Would that be Evergreen? I have some "end users" I'd like to send to you. Thanks in advance for your kind response.

8. Bulloney

Bulloney Upgraded Member Blue Account

Sunkymike...sorry, but I'm just catching up with your thread. Like you, I'm keenly aware there aren't any CEO's or business owners coming to me to buy my domains. While I'm relatively new to the domain industry, I knew early on I was going to have to take my domains directly to the industries where industry leaders gather. ie, financial services conventions (banks, credit unions, mortgage lenders etc.) real estate conventions/meetings(local, regional, national etc), sports and entertainment venues(golf tournaments, championship venues, owners meetings, etc). I've had a lot of experience selling both products and services to these industries where "one on one" and "face to face" opportunities present themselves.

Bottom line, I knew to be successful in this business, i needed to be both progressive and aggressive. I've already attracted several investors who agree with me, and it appears I'm about to partner with a non domain industry entity that has agreed to help me sell my portfolio of .Golf domains.

Finally, like someone else stated, you do need to have good names to sell. I've been told I have some pretty good names (maybe 35% of my portfolio). The"average" appraisal for each of my names is well over $1,000. Good luck to you, and if you'd like to know anymore about my strategy, just send me a direct message.

9. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

The idea is to sell domains that sell themselves. If you are thinking up a domain and haven't already considered who is buying it then you probably have jumped the gun. You need to be either the end user yourself or know who your selling it to. If you plan to just buy sit and hope for the best then keep dreaming. You mention outbound emails so how have you worded it? The wording can make or break a deal before you know it.

10. Sunkymike

This is an example of my outbound email:

Hello Alessandro,

My name is Michael Olatunbosun, owner of the web domain: DoctorsAI(dot)com. I thought your company XXXX.com might take an interest in buying it.

Should you have interest in acquiring this asset, kindly reply this mail so that I can introduce myself and answer any question you may have. If you would also love to know how the purchase of DoctorsAI(dot)com can hugely affect your brand and website (Your.MD), let me know.

Thanks and best regards

11. Sunkymike

Alright
    . I'm sliding into your Dm right away

12. Haroon Basha

Haroon Basha IZUQ.COM Gold Account VIP

I will send you one after a few days, as I am on vacation now. Thank you.

13. topdom

topdom Established Member

Why introduce myself while they will do business with Sedo or an alternative, and not with me.

14. topdom

topdom Established Member

How about this: Create a landing page which contains subliminal messages which make the visitor think positively about the domain and the seller.

Or hire a professional convincer, who would get 30 percent if there is a sale.

15. frank-germany

I am not convinced

16. Sunkymike

And how can one get a professional convincer to do this job?

17. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Probably mean this:
    [​IMG]
    Don't waste your time :)

18. Joe Nichols

Joe Nichols My name is Joe and I am Canadian! VIP

That would be a broker. But they typically only deal in high value names.

19. ro5hit

ro5hit NameZeal.com VIP

IMHO Use https://undeveloped.com/ , best landing pages ever

20. sircc

sircc Established Member

That's rather easy. Have in your possession, domains they actually need.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: