Dynadot

How Do I List Domains on Epik, Dan and Afternic?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reyginus

Established Member
Impact
I bought a domain name in Namesilo and already listed it. Now I want to list it on these three registrars as well. I was told to change ns1 and ns2 servers but I don't know which. I just need a simple explanation or a link to a topic that handled that. I've done my search here but the search function is not that apt. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Most names can be listed on various Marketplaces without setting the nameservers TO that Marketplace. You just have to register an account with them and log in and upload/import your domains.

In general, you set your nameservers to point to the place where you either want to a) PARK your domains or b) USE their Sales Landers. I think you probably have a higher liklihood of selling at the marketplace whose landers you use, but I am not sure

You can list eveywhere, but point your severs to only one place at a time ( I am not super technical so there may be a way around this)

Finally, there may be some marketplaces that MAY require you to point your nameservers to them to list with them. But I am not sure which ones yet

•••
Most names can be listed on various Marketplaces without setting the nameservers TO that Marketplace. You just have to register an account with them and log in and upload/import your domains.

In general, you set your nameservers to point to the place where you either want to a) PARK your domains or b) USE their Sales Landers. I think you probably have a higher liklihood of selling at the marketplace whose landers you use, but I am not sure

You can list eveywhere, but point your severs to only one place at a time ( I am not super technical so there may be a way around this)

Finally, there may be some marketplaces that MAY require you to point your nameservers to them to list with them. But I am not sure which ones yet
All the exclusive ones like BB, BP etc require you point to them and list no where else.

For the rest like Dan, Afternic and Sedo, you can list by creating an account with them and adding your domains via their respective dashboards.

The general rule is that you can list on as many platforms as possible but you can only point to one (namesevers)

•••
All the exclusive ones like BB, BP etc require you point to them and list no where else.

For the rest like Dan, Afternic and Sedo, you can list by creating an account with them and adding your domains via their respective dashboards.

The general rule is that you can list on as many platforms as possible but you can only point to one (namesevers)
Thank you!

•••

Can you give a list of exclusive ones + what is the meaning of BB, BP (what is the name of these ?)

•••
I know BB is Brand Bucket, a marketplace for brandable names.

BP must be the same, but I don't know that one.

•••
•••
What I've learned is that you just hang out the domain name, the buyer offers, and you get the message

•••
Everyone has their own way of doing things. I feel like if you are going to sell your domain and use a particular marketplace's lander, you should focus on one marketplace and use outbound efforts to sell your domain. It gets complicated when you spread yourself thin.

I use my own lander and then I move accordingly based on the inquiries.

•••

So what your saying in essence is one can not list a domain name at dan and at the same time list same domain at epik for sale

•••
•••
So what your saying in essence is one can not list a domain name at dan and at the same time list same domain at epik for sale
Yes, you can. However, you can only point your nameservers to one place. This means when you type the name in your browser, you can only land on one page and not both

Last edited:
•••
Yes, you can. However, you can only point your nameservers to one place. This means when you type the name in your browser, you can only land on one page and not both
Thanks dear but I listed a domain name for sale on dan and used dan's dns but when I tried to listed same name on epik their were asking me to use their dns to complete the action... what do you have to say on this please

•••
•••
I would start with Dan.com because it's easy to list and verify domains and they have the best sales landers.

The easiest way with Dan is to change the name servers:

ns1.dan.com
ns2.dan.com
verification.special.namserver123

(Last is an optional 3rd nameserver for your account you can find in your settings that allows instant verification. It's not required but instantly verifies your domain).

Sedo is the hardest to verify ownership because you have to add a TXT record to the DNS.

I would go with Afternic next, domains should be instantly in your account unless they are already on Afternic. In that case you just email support with your domain, they remove it and you can re-add it.

Afternic nameservers are:

ns3.afternic.com
ns4.afternic.com

or for buy now landing pages:

ns5.afternic.com
ns6.afternic.com

When you point nameservers you are telling the domain what server to use. It is almost always both ns1 and ns2. namervers. Sometimes it is more like 3+ but usually 2.

Last edited:
•••
I would start with Dan.com because it's easy to list and verify domains and they have the best sales landers.

The easiest way with Dan is to change the name servers:

ns1.dan.com
ns2.dan.com
verification.special.namserver123

(Last is an optional 3rd nameserver for your account you can find in your settings that allows instant verification. It's not required but instantly verifies your domain).

Sedo is the hardest to verify ownership because you have to add a TXT record to the DNS.

I would go with Afternic next, domains should be instantly in your account unless they are already on Afternic. In that case you just email support with your domain, they remove it and you can re-add it.

Afternic nameservers are:

ns3.afternic.com
ns4.afternic.com

or for buy now landing pages:

ns5.afternic.com
ns6.afternic.com

When you point nameservers you are telling the domain what server to use. It is almost always both ns1 and ns2. namervers. Sometimes it is more like 3+ but usually 2.
Thanks for your response I really appreciate your effort but my question was can one list up a domain name for sale on epik after listening same domain on Dan using dan's nameservers..... Thanks once again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back