Dynadot

How do I find valuable brokers to sell domain names?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

andrew111

Established Member
Impact
I bought a few domain names and now I want to sell some of them. I'm not so good at selling so I'm looking for a professional to look for the right buyers
How do I proceed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Clearly, john's the best answer here, sums it up very nice.

To add a little of my advice:

1) If you have a very valuable name and suddenly need the money, good brokers can come in handy due to their networking with potential buyers, one of whom may be interested in picking it up cheap.
2) Since domaining is more of a dog-eat-dog industry and everyone wants to buy at the cheapest, don't go searching for 'brokers" per se. You will end up loosing the most value of your valuable domains.
3) There are *some* honest and hard working brokers, like Dave Evanson of Sedo, Hobi of DomainHoldings etc. who actually work for the domains they have under brokerage.
4) Most others don't do anything more than to promote your domains on their newsletter service during the exclusive they may have with you.
--------------------------
Dave is certainly one of the best BUT he only works on $100K++ names. IF you have a .com to have one of the other Sedo brokers maybe able to help, be sure it is registered at one of Sedo's affiliate. Go Daddy is not one of them. I am not familiar with Hobi. Can you tell us about him. Any other we may not know?

•••
Would be neat to know of any brokers specializing in brandable names as well, and I guess knowledgeable in trademarks? Not sure if that's a given. I've read that one must not bring up trademark on enduser outreach though I'm not sure exactly what that means, all I thought was wouldn't that give them a better position?
-----
Don't expect a broker to act as a lawyer. If you think there maybe TM issues, deal with it 1st. I can't imagine any broker working on brandables. Try Brand Bucket.

•••
--------------------------
Dave is certainly one of the best BUT he only works on $100K++ names. IF you have a .com to have one of the other Sedo brokers maybe able to help, be sure it is registered at one of Sedo's affiliate. Go Daddy is not one of them. I am not familiar with Hobi. Can you tell us about him. Any other we may not know?

http://hobimichalec.com, that's his blog, he writes about what he sold, with Domain Holdings.
Seems like a good guy, have chatted up a couple of times :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back