IT.COM

question How do I contact a domain name owner on Epik with a private whois?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How do I contact a domain name owner on Epik with a private whois?
I'm trying to make an offer. Epik support is not helpful at all.
I know Godaddy and Networksolution have a contact function in their whois so I asked Epik about it.
They just told me "The contact information is an option for every domain owner if they want it visible or not. In this case, if you're not seeing the customer's information then they opted to set it to private."
After over 15 years in the business, I know what a private whois is.
Maybe I can try a whois history. What are my best options here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can contact the domain owner by sending an email to the email address listed on the whois record.
For Epik domains, it's going to be something like [email protected].

ICANN rules state that the info on the whois record must be accurate. That includes the email address, it must go to the domain owner.
That doesn't mean that the domain owner will respond to you...but it must be accurate, so that's how you contact the domain owner.

•••
You can contact the domain owner by sending an email to the email address listed on the whois record.
For Epik domains, it's going to be something like [email protected].

ICANN rules state that the info on the whois record must be accurate. That includes the email address, it must go to the domain owner.
That doesn't mean that the domain owner will respond to you...but it must be accurate, so that's how you contact the domain owner.
Thanks, I will try that. I read someone had trouble with such an e-mail.
"Network Solutions Proxy Emails Not Being Sent to Registrants" From Elliot Silvers's blog.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back