Dynadot

How do I approach .ca owner to buy domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Pete_Vancity

Impact
Hello,

I am totally new to this buying and purchasing process for existing domains. I am looking to buy Robohon.ca domain but couldn't figure the owner contact info. How do I go about this? I need this domain pretty soon. any one can guide me here about the process?
Thanks for help!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Hi Ezeil, Thanks for your quick reply. I did look up at whois.net couldn't see any contact info. Am I looking at wrong place? or privacy protected?

•••
I just checked and it looks like it was just registered in the last 24hrs so the info may not be updated yet.

•••
•••
Just tried that @Cdomains not showing much. Looks like it was just regd.

•••
•••
Hello,

I am totally new to this buying and purchasing process for existing domains. I am looking to buy Robohon.ca domain but couldn't figure the owner contact info. How do I go about this? I need this domain pretty soon. any one can guide me here about the process?
Thanks for help!
There are certain limitations to buying ..ca
..like Canadian citizenship..
http://Cira.ca

•••
In that case, I have less chances of owning this domain. I will wait until tomorrow and see if I can find some contact info.
Guys It looks like you are experienced sellers. would it be good idea to invest in this domain? If yes how much i can go for If i get into bidding war? Thanks for your help guys!

•••
•••
This is a product already for sale.

I would not touch this unless you want to lose it in a UDRP action, or get sued by the company.

•••
I did a quick trademark search in Canada, it's not yet a trademark here. This's the reason I am interested to buy this! may be I am wrong?

•••
I did a quick trademark search in Canada, it's not yet a trademark here. This's the reason I am interested to buy this! may be I am wrong?

It does not matter what country you live in or what domain extension you get, you can't register the name of an existing product.

Just because they do not have a registered trademark does not mean they don't have a case.

•••
•••
@MasterOfMyDomains Thanks for the link. really helpful, hopefully I will get a reply from the owner.
@Cdomains, It looks like cira mentioned that product owner should trademark his business/product name in canada to be eligible to dispute a domain ownership. In this case they do not have any rights in canada, also they are not selling that product in Canada. I guess that leaves them no rights to claim domain.. This info was listed in cira website.

any one else has insights into this issues?

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains Thanks for the link. really helpful, hopefully I will get a reply from the owner.
@Cdomains, It looks like cira mentioned that product owner should trademark his business/product name in canada to be eligible to dispute a domain ownership. In this case they do not have any rights in canada, also they are not selling that product in Canada. I guess that leaves them no rights to claim domain.. This info was listed in cira website.

I think you're right, in the sense that the case can go both ways. It really all depends on how you use the name.

I have to say though, they already have this thread to exemplify bad faith. It could be used against you.

Better safe than sorry, IMO, don't go after this name.

•••
@hxp Thanks for your insight. You are right I don't have any bad faith, I just want to use this to build a content website. Hopefully It will protect my interests too.

•••
I hope the "new registrant" can get a refund : wink :

•••

UDRP does not recognize borders.

It does not matter where you live or what extension you register, or whether or not they have a business presence in a country.

The internet is worldwide "www".

It is not worth the risk, and what could you do with the name anyway?

Unless you are going to sell or promote that product.

There are much better and less risky domains to buy and invest in!

•••
@Cdomains thanks for your imput. I will stay away from this name then. Hopefully find some other good domain names.

Thanks!

•••
Back