Dynadot

question How Critical is Spam Score in your Domain Name Valuation?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

m1zz

Established Member
Impact
Hey all,

This question bugs me for a while now, because I'm seeing 5-6 figure sales of domain names that have a Spam Score of 50-80% which is ridiculous!

I'm a web developer/SEO guy so I know Google quite well.. Are those sales happening simply because the buyers are not aware of this factor? or maybe this isn't even a factor when domain investing??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sounds contradicting. Particularly in high value sales.

What matters to me is the sales are happening consistently and my track record of sales speaks for itself :xf.smile:

•••
I don't check spam score. Actually, I've been away from domaining for many years and am just getting back into the game, and to be honest, this is the first time I've heard this term. LOL I'll do some research but I don't think I'll be that concerned with it.

•••
For domain investing, I do not care of spam score and I do not check it as well.

For SEO, one can disavow links using Google/Bing webmaster tools. I am not sure other search engines have this feature or not. I checked with DuckDuckGo but I did not find, may be I need to give more time to understand the DuckDuckGo search engine settings.

•••
If we use the domain mainly for its backlinks and to create PBN etc, the Spam score surely makes sense, but as a domain investor, I don't care about SS.

•••
I'm a blogger and I can easily say that you don't even need a good domain to start a blog or an affiliate site. Any extension will easily rank on the first page of Google if your content is well written and SEO optimized. Remember.... Like Neil Patel said, "Content is King."
The only thing you need to keep in mind is, Spam score should not be higher than 10%, DA should be high (like 30+), domain must not be banned by Google and you're good to go.
However, if your plan is to sell the domain, you need to register a good domain with lots of potential buyers.

•••
I'm a blogger and I can easily say that you don't even need a good domain to start a blog or an affiliate site. Any extension will easily rank on the first page of Google if your content is well written and SEO optimized. Remember.... Like Neil Patel said, "Content is King."
The only thing you need to keep in mind is, Spam score should not be higher than 10%, DA should be high (like 30+), domain must not be banned by Google and you're good to go.
However, if your plan is to sell the domain, you need to register a good domain with lots of potential buyers.
I think Bill gates said Content is the King, Is it, Neil Patel, lol ??

•••
I think Bill gates said Content is the King, Is it, Neil Patel, lol ??
Neil Patel is the biggest Digital Marketer and he is the reason why many bloggers have achieved success. Bill Gates was never a Blogger, Patel was and is a Blogger.

•••
Neil Patel is the biggest Digital Marketer and he is the reason why many bloggers have achieved success. Bill Gates was never a Blogger, Patel was and is a Blogger.
lol. When your tooth hurts, listen to what the dentist has to say :P

•••
lol. When your tooth hurts, listen to what the dentist has to say :P
No wonder why I have a blog that ranks well and I earn enough for myself through blogging.
Neil is the reason why I started blogging.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back