IT.COM

question How convince one who has a geo-domain to buy the exact match domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hanadrici

Impact
Hi can you help me, please
How to convince one who has a geo-domain to buy the exact match domain for the same keyword?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How to convince one who has a geo-domain to buy the exact match domain for the same keyword?
Hi

if, they already have a geo domain,
then why do they need your domain?

that is the question, you will have to provide answers to.

do you own the .com version and they have different extension or what?

imo...

•••
Upvote 0
Give them the EstiBot appraisal results. It provides Search volume and CPC.

Search volume
- an indication of demand for the keywords.
CPC - amount someone is willing to spend to make someone visit their website.

Ideally, it's the CPC that the domain owner would end up saving, and still get their site listed in first page especially on top of the results, if their website is fine tuned with SEO.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Give them the EstiBot appraisal results. It provides Search volume and CPC.

Search volume
- an indication of demand for the keywords.
CPC - amount someone is willing to spend to make someone visit their website.

Ideally, it's the CPC that the domain owner would end up saving, and still get their site listed in first page especially on top of the results, if their website is fine tuned with SEO.
That makes sense.

However, wouldn't the geo exact match bring better results than the generic exact match the OP wants to offer?

Unless they want to broad their audience to other areas possibly the geo exact match will fit better than the keyword exact match.

Would love to hear what others think on that (good question btw.)

•••
Upvote 0
However, wouldn't the geo exact match bring better results than the generic exact match the OP wants to offer?
Sure Geo would bring better results if the search term includes geo info as well.

For example, searching for "Texas Lawyers" is more relevant to Texas.
But, searching for "Local Lawyers" is relevant to the entire world :)

Though the later can bring 'noise', but, to a large extend you can choose the geo location where you want your ad to be shown. Worst case, when a New York person searches for "Local Lawyers" and sees "Texas Lawyer advt" in search results, he/she most probably wouldn't click on it - so shouldn't incur CPC cost most of the times. That's my understanding of the users' behavriour.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back