IT.COM

question How come the prices of .com is going up and up?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When was the last increase? November or December? I see nothing about this in the news. Google does not give any latest results.

All I know it is going up several times already in the space of less than 1 year. It is now about $2 more per .com compared to Jan 2021.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Everything goes up, I'm more annoyed about other things going up in day to day life than the price of .com.

$10 (or under) for a .com, you can't really complain too much.

Last edited:
•••
There are some good Samaritans like @Epik.com which still charge $ 6.95 for Transfer and @Sav.com $6.95 for Registration of .com names.

Last edited:
•••
The more new TLDs flock the market, COM prices would rise. For every domain in other extensions/TLDs, simply "up" the valuation of its COM counterpart, and prices are subject to rise.

Last edited:
•••
It has been widely reported here the last two years that increases commenced on September 1 2021 after a year delay of an increase due to Covid. Another increase will occur Sept 1 2022 Sept 2023 etc. As mentioned, get used to it.

Also regarding Haroon commrnt— Epik ended the $6.99 transfers on December 30 after almost 4 months live as a deal.

•••
.com prices going up? seriously? I can register .com for under $10.
They are still very fairly priced, considering .com is king, while other extensions ask for far higher ridiculous reg prices and are not even remotely popular as .com

•••
Back