Dynadot

How can I delist old listing domain from Sedo?

NameSilo
Watch

Jimmysun

Highquality.xyzTop Member
Impact
I asked them to delist some domain listing from others so I sent a letter from the support center, the other day I got a response they required me to provide some information as below:
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.06.24 PM.png

then I follow the instruction to do so: (I also provided my reg info with screen shots which I did't put on here)

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.06.55 PM.png

so they response again saying they are not able to do in this way, what is the verification method they're talking about? I don't see any method I can choose..
Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 11.07.23 PM.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Keep us posted on this. A lot of us have a lot of names where the previous buyer already listed them for a certain price and so Sedo/Afternic do not allow you to list them. Now, that's a major hurdle for the business, IMO.

•••
Yeah, I fixed already by go to DNS setting in my registrar and put the TXT record with your verification code provided in Sedo (follow the instruction to the link below) then relist the domain and wait for few hours will be done.

The Self-Verification method:
Simply add your personal Domain Ownership Verification ID to your domain's DNS information at your registrar. See how to self-verify your domains here.
WHOIS-Verification (not offered by every registrar):
Remove the Privacy Protection of your domains so that the registrant information is visible via a WHOIS search and inform us for a manual ownership verification. (Please note that the technical update of such changes can take up to 72 hours. In particular, should you have newly registered or recently transferred the domains, the information might only be visible in the WHOIS after the mentioned period.)

•••
Too bad Sedo doesn’t enforce their own requirements. They said you have to agree to keep portfolio up to date to use the platform but half the domains on the platform are old listings. 😅

•••
Yeah, I fixed already by go to DNS setting in my registrar and put the TXT record with your verification code provided in Sedo (follow the instruction to the link below) then relist the domain and wait for few hours will be done.

The Self-Verification method:
Simply add your personal Domain Ownership Verification ID to your domain's DNS information at your registrar. See how to self-verify your domains here.
WHOIS-Verification (not offered by every registrar):
Remove the Privacy Protection of your domains so that the registrant information is visible via a WHOIS search and inform us for a manual ownership verification. (Please note that the technical update of such changes can take up to 72 hours. In particular, should you have newly registered or recently transferred the domains, the information might only be visible in the WHOIS after the mentioned period.)

Once I verify a domain (via the TXT method) and it shows up in my account - does this mean it has been removed from the previous owners account forever? So if I then delete the record, a 3rd party could now list it on Sedo (on my behalf)?

•••
Once I verify a domain (via the TXT method) and it shows up in my account - does this mean it has been removed from the previous owners account forever? So if I then delete the record, a 3rd party could now list it on Sedo (on my behalf)?

They have mandatory verification for new listings, and therefore they have old (once verified) listings but no fraudulent ones. I think it's good that they require and accept automated verification methods only, so there's no possibility of social engineering (faked screenshots etc).

•••
They have mandatory verification for new listings, and therefore they have old (once verified) listings but no fraudulent ones. I think it's good that they require and accept automated verification methods only, so there's no possibility of social engineering (faked screenshots etc).

So is the old listing removed once I verify I'm the new owner?

•••
So is the old listing removed once I verify I'm the new owner?

I'm confused, do you mean verification without listing at Sedo? (otherwise your question doesn't make sense)

As for the different responses from Sedo, I think Colin (Customer Care) was talking about the verification needed for just removing old listings, whereas the Security & Compliance team was talking about replacing them with new ones ("we have already re-added the domains..."). Either it was a mix-up (and they are both right), or the former is not possible anymore.
@Sedo

Last edited:
•••
I'm confused, do you mean verification without listing at Sedo? (otherwise your question doesn't make sense)

As for the different responses from Sedo, I think Colin (Customer Care) was talking about the verification needed for just removing old listings, whereas the Security & Compliance team was talking about replacing them with new ones ("we have already re-added the domains..."). Either it was a mix-up (and they are both right), or the former is not possible anymore.
@Sedo

I bought a domain.
The prior owner never deleted their Sedo listing.
I verified my ownership and my name is now listed at Sedo.
Does this automatically remove the name from the prior owners account?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back