Dynadot

discuss How are Crypto Currencies going to end the inequalities and hardships that exist in the World!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
How are Crypto Currencies going to empower Humanity as a whole and end poverty across the World. How is replacing the existing financial systems with the new Digital Currencies going to help end inequality and prevent the “Haves” from taking advantage of the “Have Nots”.

Replacing one instrument of slavery and oppression with another one that is going to do the exact same thing doesn’t sound very logical to me.

Is everyone in the World going to be given equal number of Crypto Currencies to start with. It’s my understanding that the total number of Cryptos are finite and are currently concentrated mostly in the hands of just a few people who apparently are going to be the new oligarchs and billionaires of the future.

If there is going to be a revolution in our financial systems it has to be one that’s of benefit to the Humanity as a whole and not one that is going to preserve the inequalities and hardships that currently exist.

If we are going to get rid of money we might as well replace it with a new system that provides digital credits to everyone based on their actual needs calculated by AI according to different factors and criteria that give top priority to making it possible for everyone around the World to be able to live a decent, healthy, productive, safe, and happy life.

Thread rules: everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side. If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO at the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Please note that giving a "Thank" simply means that I am thanking you for participating in this discussions and for providing your perspective on the subject at hand and not necessarily that I agree with your points of view.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am not complaining,

I am just making a point that if we are going to change the current system there has to be some improvements that are going to be of benefit to the Humanity as whole compared to the way that things are right now.

It's not just Crypto Currencies, any advancements in technology should be used to make life better for everyone rather than just be used by a few to oppress and suppress others more.

This is perhaps a difference in philosophy as far as if you think that everything is fine the way it is now or whether Humanity as a whole needs to ascend to a higher level of thinking and existence and enter a whole new era that is based on showing compassion towards others by ending all the tools of oppression and suppression.

IMO

By complaining, I mean pointing out a negativity. So the same as you said. Sorry if the wording was wrong.

first mover reward that you are pointing is fine for me. It's not a negative thing, can not lower efficiency of crypto currencies.
I don't mean everything is fine in regard to inequalities and poverty.
Rich vs poor is a big conflict. Crypto currencies help and will help poor. Whether the help is big enough or not is not very important. The glass may be half empty or half full. It depends on how you see it.

•••
By complaining, I mean pointing out a negativity. So the same as you said. Sorry if the wording was wrong.

first mover reward that you are pointing is fine for me. It's not a negative thing, can not lower efficiency of crypto currencies.
I don't mean everything is fine in regard to inequalities and poverty.
Rich vs poor is a big conflict. Crypto currencies help and will help poor. Whether the help is big enough or not is not very important. The glass may be half empty or half full. It depends on how you see it.

So my question is can we find a way to make Crypto Currencies a tool that is going to make an actual positive difference in the way that the World is being run financially rather than it becoming a continuation of the same old greed and lack of empathy for others that has been ailing Humanity for so long.

IMO

•••
So my question is can we find a way to make Crypto Currencies a tool that is going to make an actual positive difference in the way that the World is being run financially rather than it becoming a continuation of the same old greed and lack of empathy for others that has been ailing Humanity for so long.

IMO

IMO, crypto currencies actually have made a positive effect, are still baby but growing.
With such a question, you don't seem to me like knowing much about the philosophy of bitcoin. Because you want to find a tool. It's like wishing to find the wheel that has been already invented. Crypto currency itself is the tool you want to find.

•••
Maybe a better way to put it is that Bitcoin is a chance to opt-out of the system that is actively trying to extract wealth from citizens.
You can’t opt out because bitcoin can be deemed illegal at anytime, by any government that decides to pass new law.

I don’t think it’s wise for countries to ban the asset but you and I don’t control these things.

•••
IMO, crypto currencies actually have made a positive effect, are still baby but growing.
With such a question, you don't seem to me like knowing much about the philosophy of bitcoin. Because you want to find a tool. It's like wishing to find the wheel that has been already invented. Crypto currency itself is the tool you want to find.

I know enough to recognize the fact that Crypto Currencies are enhancing the quality of life for a select group of early adapters, and their digital wealth is supposed to trickle down to the rest of the people over time.

How is this trickle down digital economy going to be any different than what we have right now with the current financial systems.

I understand the philosophy involved here perfectly fine, it's nothing new to those of us who care about equality and Human Rights.

Slave / Master
Haves/ Have nots
1% / 99%
Oppressed / Oppressor
Suppressed / Suppressor
peasants / Elites

IMO

•••
You can’t opt out because bitcoin can be deemed illegal at anytime, by any government that decides to pass new law.

I don’t think it’s wise for countries to ban the asset but you and I don’t control these things.

If the government strikes down Bitcoin, it shall become more powerful than they can possibly imagine.

•••
I know enough to recognize the fact that Crypto Currencies are enhancing the quality of life for a select group of early adapters, and their digital wealth is supposed to trickle down to the rest of the people over time.

How is this trickle down digital economy going to be any different than what we have right now with the current financial systems.

I understand the philosophy involved here perfectly fine, it's nothing new to those of us who care about equality and Human Rights.

Slave / Master
Haves/ Have nots
1% / 99%
Oppressed / Oppressor
Suppressed / Suppressor
peasants / Elites

IMO

Please do yourself a favor and make a research on why bitcoin was invented. There are books about bitcoin. After reading some books you will see your points are wrong and/or unimportant, A hint: Crypto currencies are decentralized, trustless, p2p digital payment method running on open source software. Do you know what does it mean? It means noone can stop or control them. Now please think again on your idea of "nothing new"

•••

Bitcoin is a currency rather than asset. Some countries may have classified it as asset because

1- they can't classify it as currency. Because 1 country can have 1 national currency. Bitcoin can not be classified as foreign currency because it's not a national currency of any country. So they can't classify it as currency.

2- they have to classify it even if the classification is not 100% correct. Bitcoin can not be stopped or controlled. Outlawing bitcoin will have no effect except damaging government/state prestige. Hence at least in order to monitor its usage, governments need to classify it.

Not only governments but also many people think Bitcoin is asset. Yes it is. But it's currency in the first place.

Last edited:
•••
Nothing can stand infront of Governments. This 90's style greed and artificially created FOMO has damaged the crypto niche in last 2 months. Once these pumps are stopped bitcoin will fall 5k each day as it does last week.

•••
Nothing can stand infront of Governments. This 90's style greed and artificially created FOMO has damaged the crypto niche in last 2 months. Once these pumps are stopped bitcoin will fall 5k each day as it does last week.

People can stand infront of Governments. People are not nothing.
Bitcoin value is for the people who think it's an asset, has nothing to do for those who know it's currency in the first place. IMO, crypto currencies are not for investment, were not invented as a new investment medium.

•••
People can stand infront of Governments. People are not nothing.
Bitcoin value is for the people who think it's an asset, has nothing to do for those who know it's currency in the first place. IMO, crypto currencies are not for investment, were not invented as a new investment medium.

Yes, but from last 2 months whales are manipulating btc and others to create artificial fomo and getting crypto away from purpose of currency , most people are investing thinking them as better asset than Gold but once this fomo is normalized like 2017 everything will be corrected with huge bleeding.

•••
Please do yourself a favor and make a research on why bitcoin was invented. There are books about bitcoin. After reading some books you will see your points are wrong and/or unimportant, A hint: Crypto currencies are decentralized, trustless, p2p digital payment method running on open source software. Do you know what does it mean? It means noone can stop or control them. Now please think again on your idea of "nothing new"

From the technical point of view there is still the problem of scaling as far as being able to make this in to a Global currency as apparently even those in the Crypto Currency community can't agree as to how big the blocks should be as the network grows and gets bigger, there is also the fact that transactions cannot be reversed which as far as security might be a positive thing, but when it comes to getting a refund it could cause some inconvenience, and then there is the problem with hacking which needs to be brought under control, but in all honesty I hope that these technical problems can get resolved as I personally don't have anything against Crypto Currencies from the technology aspect of it.

My main problem with this is the fact that right now great number of coins are concentrated in the hands of a few early adapters and when I say that Crypto Currencies are not going to offer anything new when it comes to ending inequality means that the same old trickle down economy is going to continue and there is not going to be anything new for all the people who live in poverty to look forward to in this new decentralized economy, as the matter of fact the situation could become even worse for them as many of the existing social services that provide assistance to the poor might get defunded because of the reduction in TAX revenues.

I suggest that you come up with some satisfactory answers to everyone's concerns instead of assuming that none of the critiques here know what they are talking about.

IMO

•••
From the technical point of view there is still the problem of scaling as far as being able to make this in to a Global currency as apparently even those in the Crypto Currency community can't agree as to how big the blocks should be as the network grows and gets bigger, there is also the fact that transactions cannot be reversed which as far as security might be a positive thing, but when it comes to getting a refund it could cause some inconvenience, and then there is the problem with hacking which needs to be brought under control, but in all honesty I hope that these technical problems can get resolved as I personally don't have anything against Crypto Currencies from the technology aspect of it.

My main problem with this is the fact that right now great number of coins are concentrated in the hands of a few early adapters and when I say that Crypto Currencies are not going to offer anything new when it comes to ending inequality means that the same old trickle down economy is going to continue and there is not going to be anything new for all the people who live in poverty to look forward to in this new decentralized economy, as the matter of fact the situation could become even worse for them as many of the existing social services that provide assistance to the poor might get defunded because of the reduction in TAX revenues.

I suggest that you come up with some satisfactory answers to everyone's concerns instead of assuming that none of the critiques here know what they are talking about.

IMO

Ok. What do you understand from being decentralized, non-stoppable, non-controllable?
What do you think about the role of governments on the negative things such as inequality, oppression, etc?
Now combine these two.
The negative things you are pointing are generated by governments and people have their own currency, are slowly rejecting fiat which is the money of governments. Crypto is the money of people. Governments vs People.
Does it make sense now?

If governments want they can solve all the negative things you point in a few months. Do you agree? Then they are the responsible or creators of those problems. But they don't want to solve anything they are happy with oppression, poverty, poor human rights, inequalities, etc, Hence people will show greater disobedience to governments by using their own currency instead of the one provided by governments.

As to the technical problems with bitcoin, I agree. If the developer community doesn't solve it, I believe an altcoin will surpass bitcoin popularity. But crypto currencies will not end, instead they will surpass fiat quickly once they surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin's technical limits are the biggest barrier to crypto currencies.

•••
If all people stop using fiat, how governments can collect tax as much as they do today? Not only tax, but using fiat also means lending to governments. At the end of the day, they control volume, interest ratio, value and everything of fiat. Banknote is only paper, money in bank is not even paper is just digits. Fiat have no inherent physical value like gold, silver, etc. By using fiat we give power to Governments. Since they have the power they do whatever they want. People will give them a good lesson by rejecting fiat. Then all the problems you point will be solve quickly and will never happen again. Governments abuse their power that they steal from people.

•••
Ok. What do you understand from being decentralized, non-stoppable, non-controllable?
What do you think about the role of governments on the negative things such as inequality, oppression, etc?
Now combine these two.
The negative things you are pointing are generated by governments and people have their own currency, are slowly rejecting fiat which is the money of governments. Crypto is the money of people. Governments vs People.
Does it make sense now?

If governments want they can solve all the negative things you point in a few months. Do you agree? Then they are the responsible or creators of those problems. But they don't want to solve anything they are happy with oppression, poverty, poor human rights, inequalities, etc, Hence people will show greater disobedience to governments by using their own currency instead of the one provided by governments.

As to the technical problems with bitcoin, I agree. If the developer community doesn't solve it, I believe an altcoin will surpass bitcoin popularity. But crypto currencies will not end, instead they will surpass fiat quickly once they surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin's technical limits are the biggest barrier to crypto currencies.

If all people stop using fiat, how governments can collect tax as much as they do today? Not only tax, but using fiat also means lending to governments. At the end of the day, they control volume, interest ratio, value and everything of fiat. Banknote is only paper, money in bank is not even paper is just digits. Fiat have no inherent physical value like gold, silver, etc. By using fiat we give power to Governments. Since they have the power they do whatever they want. People will give them a good lesson by rejecting fiat. Then all the problems you point will be solve quickly and will never happen again. Governments abuse their power that they steal from people.

I personally don't like to see the demise of any democratic government that is of the people for the people as that is going to end in anarchy and chaos, I just want to fix all the shortcomings and problems that exist in the way that Humanity and this Planet are being controlled and managed which in part could be attributed to the infiltration of the governments around the World by the so many undemocratic elements that want to force the kind of political, religious, racial, and economical policies and agendas on the masses that are based on the outdated and extremist and fanatical ideologies, doctrines, and philosophies that are meant to enhance and protect their own position and interest instead of serving and guiding the people based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion.

But you can't blame everything on the governments as there are also many bad Human characteristics that play a big part in the way that our Civilization has evolved which need to be addressed and corrected by ascending to a new level of existence and thinking that is also based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion.

So we basically need to have a kind of Global Reform that can propel us in to a new Era that is going to put an end to all that has been ailing Humanity and our Environment and that can make it possible for us to be able to live a productive, righteous, safe, healthy, and happy life and be at peace with all the living things and entities that exist on Earth and beyond.

And now I am trying to figure out how the Crypto Currencies are going to fit into all this.

It's not just Crypto Currencies though, it's Technology in general and the new advancements such as with AI, Automation, and Nano, Genetic, and Quantum Engineering which we have to make sure that are going to be used as a Force For Good to enhance the safety and quality of life for all involved and not be abused by the Capitalism, Communism, Religious Fundamentalism, and all the other "ism" systems around the World which seem to be putting us at each others throats all the time and that ultimately want to bring the World on the verge of yet another World War.

IMO

•••
I personally don't like to see the demise of any democratic government that is of the people for the people as that is going to end in anarchy and chaos, I just want to fix all the shortcomings and problems that exist in the way that Humanity and this Planet are being controlled and managed which in part could be attributed to the infiltration of the governments around the World by the so many undemocratic elements that want to force the kind of political, religious, racial, and economical policies and agendas on the masses that are based on the outdated and extremist and fanatical ideologies, doctrines, and philosophies that are meant to enhance and protect their own position and interest instead of serving and guiding the people based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion.

But you can't blame everything on the governments as there are also many bad Human characteristics that play a big part in the way that our Civilization has evolved which need to be addressed and corrected by ascending to a new level of existence and thinking that is also based on the Universal Principles and Values that are derived through Logic and Compassion.

So we basically need to have a kind of Global Reform that can propel us in to a new Era that is going to put an end to all that has been ailing Humanity and our Environment and that can make it possible for us to be able to live a productive, righteous, safe, healthy, and happy life and be at peace with all the living things and entities that exist on Earth and beyond.

And now I am trying to figure out how the Crypto Currencies are going to fit into all this.

It's not just Crypto Currencies though, it's Technology in general and the new advancements such as with AI, Automation, and Nano, Genetic, and Quantum Engineering which we have to make sure that are going to be used as a Force For Good to enhance the safety and quality of life for all involved and not be abused by the Capitalism, Communism, Religious Fundamentalism, and all the other "ism" systems around the World which seem to be putting us at each others throats all the time and that ultimately want to bring the World on the verge of yet another World War.

IMO

My short answer to the main question or discussion is:
IMO, crypto currencies will end inequalities and hardships by ending fiat currencies in the World.

I tried to briefly write on reasons. Fiat is the hidden reason of inequalities, hardships, poverty, oppression, human rights breaches, etc. Because those things are done by all governments, democratic ones and undemocratic ones. Fiat gives them unlimited power. Fiat is free money for them. Governments can not go bankruptcy. Because they can print unlimited amount of fiat. Imagine the same for yourself. Imagine a World you will never go bankrupt, you spend, borrow, lend unlimited amount without any fear for financial consequences. It would give you an unlimited freedom without any negative consequences. That's why governments create poverty, inequality, oppression, human rights breaches, etc and people are unable to stop governments doing those.

Ending fiat will likely take long time. Because governments will not watch it ending, will try hard to prevent it to happen. For now, crypto currencies help people who don't have access to banking and -as a result of this- even fiat.

anarchy and chaos are natural outcomes before big changes like revolutions. Many people call crypto currency invention as a financial revolution.

"the new advancements such as with AI, Automation, and Nano, Genetic, and Quantum Engineering" will only worsen inequalities, poverty, etc. Because all new advancements will weaken people and empower governments to create more poverty, inequalities, etc. as long as fiat survives. For a better World, currencies must have limited supply like crypto currencies or gold.

•••
Back