IT.COM

.tv Hot offer from Enom

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
.TV changes...

I just got offer from Enom rep. to buy some premium domains (domain list I got has 54241 premium domains) for their premium price, but with standard reg fee in the future.

Some nice names in the list. I guess other got that offer too, but looks like nobody wants to talk about it while searching for gems :)

EDIT -- that offer expires today at mindnight, enom time :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I sucessfully changed nameservers to a domain registered. So it's effectively in my control panel..
Let's see...

•••
yeah me too, although whois still show Registrar: TV CORPORATION

maybe it was a glitch in the system maybe enom was trying to unload premiums because they knew about

either way this is one of the most bizarre things that ever happened to me as a domainer

•••
•••
did I just start a mini landrush?

•••
•••
Damn,

Dynadot just puked on me with a full cart!
Is Dynadot down for you guys too?
----------------------

Ok, back up :)

Has anybody verified any previous Premium .tv that they have just regged as standard fee thru Whois yet?

Every one I have regged so far say this on whois...
There was an error processing your request.

so I'm not sure if I own any of these yet? lol

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Regged one that was previously $25,000, 2@ $5000 and a couple of $1000 for 21.99 each. :)

•••
Regged one that was previously $25,000, 2@ $5000 and a couple of $1000 for 21.99 each. :)

Which ones; and how many confirmed registered total? :gl:

Thanks,
Jeff B-)

•••
.TV changes...

I just got offer from Enom rep. to buy some premium domains (domain list I got has 54241 premium domains) for their premium price, but with standard reg fee in the future.

Some nice names in the list. I guess other got that offer too, but looks like nobody wants to talk about it while searching for gems :)

EDIT -- that offer expires today at mindnight, enom time :)

Will be very intresting to watch the aftermath of all this, if the currently regged premiums (under the old structure) don't get repriced somehow then get ready for the the "great .tv drops". Verisign is making a very bold move with all these changes.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Matt,

I purchased all 5 names for a total of $16,500 with discounts. True cost is really only 60% of that which is $9,900 + standard renewal per year. (If I don't reinvest, IRS taxes me on state/federal level 40%.

I will bet all the naysayers $1,000 that I will 3x my money on these names at least within the next 2 years. Any takers, how about you Snoop:) With March Madness (NCAA basketball) going on right now, I am in the betting kind of mood:)

Buying names in this way makes a heck of a lot more sense than buying under the old structure, I would think you chances are much better. I haven't looked much at the actual names to try and put a value on them. Values will become clearer with the premium auctions though. With all hese changes it does look like a real market may develop for .tv, if enough names are realeased. Whether people underpay or over pay at minimum they will be holding something of value unlike the empty crisp packets of the past.

I guess the madness of old system can now be seen, Verisign will sell names outright for one years renewal, and potentially even less with the auction, the people buying under the old structure are probably going to realize soon that the names they picked up are probably overpriced by a factor of 10 fold. That is unless Verisign decide to reprice those names. It is reality time.

•••
PEOPLE!!!

I would strongly suggest you keep copy of your receipts for any names that you got at reg fee....

I also suggest that you keep your names off record.

If you are checking the whois and it still shows the registry, there may be an issue moving forward.

Some names are updating in the whois - mostly depending on which registrar you used to reg your names.

good luck everybody:wave:

•••
PEOPLE!!!

I would strongly suggest you keep copy of your receipts for any names that you got at reg fee....

I also suggest that you keep your names off record.

If you are checking the whois and it still shows the registry, there may be an issue moving forward.

Some names are updating in the whois - mostly depending on which registrar you used to reg your names.

good luck everybody:wave:

Pretty apparent that is was a glitch, I think generally registries take names back in that situation, but you never know.

I don't think having a recipt is going to help anyone personally. In the past I know lawyers have tried to get involved in this type of things, never went anywhere and probably covered by whatever T&C they have.

•••
snoop is correct on this one. I would be careful before going on a spending spree.

•••
I leave for one day and this is what I miss out on. Great, just great :(

I wonder how enom will announce the changes that are made.

•••
This seems to me like a glitch in their system. However I also had the idea that this was some kind of scam, phishing, spam attempt, etc... But then again people are posting that they've hand-registered ex-premium names. This seems all very confusing!

Btw, can anybody forward me the email they got from Enom?
Never received anything!

Thanks.

•••
Will be very intresting to watch the aftermath of all this, if the currently regged premiums (under the old structure) don't get repriced somehow then get ready for the the "great .tv drops". Verisign is making a very bold move with all these changes.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Buying names in this way makes a heck of a lot more sense than buying under the old structure, I would think you chances are much better. I haven't looked much at the actual names to try and put a value on them. Values will become clearer with the premium auctions though. With all hese changes it does look like a real market may develop for .tv, if enough names are realeased. Whether people underpay or over pay at minimum they will be holding something of value unlike the empty crisp packets of the past.

I guess the madness of old system can now be seen, Verisign will sell names outright for one years renewal, and potentially even less with the auction, the people buying under the old structure are probably going to realize soon that the names they picked up are probably overpriced by a factor of 10 fold. That is unless Verisign decide to reprice those names. It is reality time.

The actual names I got were England.tv, Breasts.tv, Horoscope.tv, Tattoos.tv, and Utah.tv.
I am concerned about existing premiums I am sitting on along with others. If there are no changes than I will be dropping many of them. We will see.

Thanks, Jim

•••
The actual names I got were England.tv, Breasts.tv, Horoscope.tv, Tattoos.tv, and Utah.tv.
I am concerned about existing premiums I am sitting on along with others. If there are no changes than I will be dropping many of them. We will see.

Thanks, Jim

Those are some incredible reg's.
Very Nice!

•••

VeriSign WHOIS servie doesnt seem to be working. I checked for one of my non-premium .tv name and it syas "No match for domain.......". It looks like this WHOIS only works for .tv name registered at Enom.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I tried many of my non-pemium already registered names which are not wih Enom but it doesn't show my info.

•••
VeriSign WHOIS servie doesnt seem to be working. I checked for one of my non-premium .tv name and it syas "No match for domain.......". It looks like this WHOIS only works for .tv name registered at Enom.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I tried many of my non-pemium already registered names which are not wih Enom but it doesn't show my info.

be sure to select .tv on the top because everytime you make a .tv whois page goes to default .com whois, so you need to select again the .tv option ;)

•••

It's working for me on my earlier standard reg.
I just checked one of mine.
No Contact info but creation/expiry date,, Registrar, and my current Nameservers are correct...

Domain Name: GOCART.TV
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Referral URL: Browser Update Page
Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM
Name Server: NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM
Name Server: THIS-DOMAIN-ON-AUCTION-AT.BIDO.COM
Updated Date: 18-feb-2010
Creation Date: 05-may-2008
Expiration Date: 05-may-2010

•••
Thanks. It was my bad. Now it shows my information for the non-premium names.

•••

Last edited:
•••
All this talk of possible legal action, lawyers, courts, feeling "cheated", glitches, receipts and refunds ... is making me really wonder just how BiG this potential .TV HORNET'S NEST is going to be for the ".TV"; and all of those in here who may very well be affected, IMHO. :rolleyes: :yell:

All the best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Back