Dynadot

HostGator gets rid of expiration dates?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

A1EX

Private StatusEstablished Member
Impact
Okay now this cant be true... right? I am in the process of moving all my domains away from GoDaddy (A story for another time) and I wanted to see how customer support was at other registrars, so I tried calling or using live chat to a few to see if they are any good. I spoke with a live chat agent at HostGator who informed me if I was to transfer a domain over and paid the transfer fee, it would then expire one year from the date of the transfer... I even confirmed I said so if its already registered for 6 more years at my current registrar I lose those years?? He said yes... I said there is no way... So I called them... the woman on the phone confirmed what the other guy said and she said "We wouldnt make any money off the domain if you paid for all those years and we held it like that"... Is this real? Is this legal? I have never heard of this at any registrar until now... Thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't transfer your domain to web hosting companies. Because if they're not happy with your hosting usage. They will suspend your hosting account and you would also loss access to the domain as well. You would have a very hard time to get back your domain.

•••
Move to Dynadot , a extra year will be add for each domain transfered
🤗

•••
I'm extremely unhappy with Hostgator. Their support is 100% clueless constantly replying with wrong information.
I can't even begin to list the things they have messed in my account.

Support is so bad that I have stopped contacting them for at least 2 years now. Since then I'm relying only on my own intuition.

In short,
avoid them at all costs

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back