IT.COM

.net Homes.net - just sold on Flippa

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ace3coiner

Top Member
Impact
HOMES.net (Sold for $30 000

This 21 years domain name registered with Tucows sold for an incredible amount!
-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How much would you say homes.com would be worth, if it was just a domain name, no site ?
Im curious.
I don't know how much homes.com is worth, but if I own homes.com I wouldn't sell it for less than $750,000. But, this is a .NET. IMO, and it is not easy to find an end user/investor who willing to pay $30,000. But, it is understandable if an end user of homes.com may wants to acquire the .net ($30,000) to secure its brand .

•••
Given other choices in the marketplace, as predicted by many a few years ago, .net continues on a decline. Sure the odd time you do get lucky, and own enough of them, and you will be able to point out that great sale from time to time.

This was a great keyword, with a declining extension, just wrong timing on the part of the seller, should have sold it a few years back like owntype.

•••
.net has been losing steam for a long time even before those useless strings were released.
I still like it though.

•••
.net has been losing steam for a long time even before those useless strings were released.
I still like it though.
I agree it still has play since it has been around so long, I think .io really took a bite of that secondary choice that .net enjoyed.

•••
I don't know how much homes.com is worth, but if I own homes.com I wouldn't sell it for less than $750,000. But, this is a .NET. IMO, and it is not easy to find an end user/investor who willing to pay $30,000. But, it is understandable if an end user of homes.com may wants to acquire the .net ($30,000) to secure its brand .

Ok. So what your saying is. That 4% of the minimum you would sell homes.com for, is too much for the .net !

To me, that doesn't add up at all. But, just my opinion.
A .net is worth more than 4% of a .com . And, your valuation of the .com is a minimum valuation.

Also, homes.forsale sold for $75k recently.
Making homes.net a bargain in comparison to that.

•••
I really like .net because it is a generic and well-known extension.
If it was originally the truncation of the word network, it could also make the idea of internet that is essentiallly a network...

•••
•••
Decent sale I'd say considering the plural with .net.

•••
I believe the .net could be of use for a company seeking to to marketed as an online/net shopping site. Obviously not a .com but I still think there is worth to many companies.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back