IT.COM

question .HOMES - Anyone Buying/Selling?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
Whats with .homes?

There is a lack of threads on this extension.
Is it worth pursuing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am holding a few keyword.homes that already has potential buyers currently operating on keyword+homes.com. It has been about six months but no buyer yet. I have not tried outbound yet though.

There is already a dedicated thread om .homes extension. I think a few have already sold a few domains.

•••
hmm cant find the .homes thread as yet only a .home prerelease headline

link?

Ive tried namebio and sedo to look for sales but there is none.

btw name bio doesnt even list this gtld, weird

Last edited:
•••
Its a small window. Best names were taken day 1. The next opportunity comes 450 days later. Those opportunities come from the domainers that think they are going to buy the names on day 1 and sell them within a year. That's why I don't even bother with opening day stuff. Others out there are currently place holding some of the gems for me.

Last edited:
•••
•••
By the time anyone at NamePros jumped on it or posted about it here, the .homes extension was already not even Day 1 of release, but not even Day 1 of its RE-release. Same goes with many extensions that are discussed here as if they were new.

I believe .homes was released in March 2016 (or so) to the real estate and related industry, then when that failed, to the general public in January 2019. But even those who thought they were getting in on Day 1 on January 14, 2019, to this re-release were not getting in first because the domain had quietly offered pre-registration even before that January 14th date.

Now we have another domain coming .home without the s. I’ll leave it to you to figure out whether this is going to help or confuse the .homes potential domain market.

Last edited:
•••
anyone know what registrar has the best price on .homes reg fees?

•••
•••
Back