Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've sold several AR and VR names now so I know they do sell. My most recent pickup is turboar dawt com

•••
ARGamesHub

Last edited:
•••
Regged HoloRealms.com & HoloPeer.com last night.

Last edited:
•••
So, it appears CES was as I thought... nothing substantial for us in alt media names.

But don't let that bring you down. There is a lot of new things coming this year and maybe even apple....

New apple rumors, and these are believable.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/1/14/...ented-mixed-reality-ar-vr-headset-launch-2023

I can fully relate to heat issues, especially when one of the 2 cpu's are as powerful as the M1, but that can quickly be overcome in design if they are willing to sacrifices aesthetics a bit. No doubt it will add to the cost yet again.
I think we can admit the market is a bit lame until they are in the game.

•••
Metaversegroup.com now resolves.

•••
Metaversegroup.com now resolves.
So metaversegroup.io forwards to the .com
It was a identity & traffic saver.
And they do cryptocoins. But I can see that future relationship for crypto .
Still nothing substantial in VR AR MR etc. Hoping to get surprised soon enough.
Understanding this play would show why I have been buying gTLD's for matching .com's I hold.
Selling as a package. Keeping anyone from siphoning off your traffic. That has additional value as you can see.
Of course it is more important in most cases to have at least the .com

•••
While I can see this being a thing when tied to a steam account etc...
https://www.geekwire.com/2022/pluto...tual-reality-to-a-headset-without-a-computer/

I don't see what the names to describe it would look like. Something with 'stream' & 'vr' ?
Or something that was not been said yet.

I think these stand-alones and a service like this would do well.
But only if you have on-screen keyboard input in vr to navigate. So that would leave out those that do not have sensors for gesture control.

There is going to be a lot of thing tried as this develops. Hard to figure out what will win and create names opportunity.

•••
For those not in the US and or not a sports fan and watched the Super Bowl of American Football...
(the event is heavy in very expensive advertising)

•••
•••
•••
•••
More on Apple's latest (and samsung)
https://www.slashgear.com/779592/the-latest-apple-vr-leak-includes-some-exciting-new-details/

I hope everyone realizes that once Apple is in the game, albeit with a very pricey unit, that everything with names will change within a year. Something to look forward to.
I assume AR will get stronger but Metaverse will remain a go to term as it's already used by everyone
My opinion is based on me myself and I
Couldn't say in those words of yours.

But first... you quoted a post on potential of apple coming to market. That device is not a true AR device but as a whole it would be classified as a mixed reality device. What it does for AR remain to be seen.
I see it as a development device for later AR glasses. But still excited to see it happen sometime...

Everyone likes taking stuff out of the context it belongs in to make it what they want to be true.
That's OK but it does not change what is actually happening, better or worse.

I still see no true AR device anywhere that the masses could afford or is desirable to use at any cost.
I'm sure it's coming. But not right now. Holding for the future to see what develops like most here.
What else can we do. No buyers except investors at 5 cents on the dollar for the most part.

The first apple device does what I call 'pseudo AR', and no, that is not a term.
It will be used primarily for VR believe it or not as that is where the content is, at least for now.
That is sure to change once it is out there and developers have a reason to write code for it and that is not likely to happen with any speed until folks have this expensive device in their hands. Or the price of it comes down which will change how many have them. It will get my attention when there are >250 AR apps that are desirable to someone to use and not examples of concepts to build on.

While Meta/Metaverse is certainly a BUZZ word right now, I see very little action of it as compared to the term VR in terms of end-user names demand. In fact your good recent sale was to a cybermoney/cryto firm and has less/no connection to alt media. Congratulations on the sale, but show me where it has surpassed even AR in names use in the real world. One could not deny that it seems everyone is holding the names. That is obvious. It may be the most held term ever. And it likely was even before Facebook changing it's name. That was a surprise to me.

Most of the action is in investors and pure speculation. I'm making money from them right now anyways.
And I have been flipping them to my hearts content. I don't normally play this game but opportunity presented itself and I'm taking advantage.
Already this year will be my best year ever and I have sold nothing to a end user. Plenty of year left.
But I do see the need and demand for certain names and there will be end-user sales.
Doubting .001% of the names currently held will sell to a end user in 10 years.
If you spend a few days looking at who owns/controls most of the better names, they are already in the hands of a end user and most of those have been held for nearly a decade. We will see if they use them ?
No denying it's a term. How big is the question for the future and we bet with our plays.

I seen the same thing with CYBER and many other terms/names in the last 20 years. I know many who did not experience those and even many who did will say 'this time it's different', but I can't find any reasoning to assume that. This is all to familiar territory for me and my advantage.

Just keep this in mind... the metaverse is a fictitious place and is whatever you want it to be.
OR
What you believe it is based on what others tell you.

A term that is used by everyone is fine. But if it does not sell names, who cares.
The words car and truck are pretty popular as well.

Seems like the same thing as when we were talking about XR. They were defining it as anything alt-media.
Or did we forget about that. The all incisive term that ends the need for other terms... No so fast.

So this story still has to be written when they pin the name to a 'virtual' place or thing that actually exists. At this point it can be anything or everything.

What is it ? - is it a place in the virtual world where you use AR,VR,MR to be a sim life ?
Everyone will tell you something else as to what it is 'to them'.
Hard for a brand to capitalize on that, but I'm sure there are those that can. Most want to separate themselves from the norm in some way. That makes for some long tail names. It's use will be limited in names until it is better defined in the masses minds anyway.

Why I am not knocking anyone's play, I have shown with some transparency what I am doing and why.
Even while disclosing my play months ago, it has not stopped me from flipping. That is money today, not 10 years from now.
Take it under consideration or discard it. Yes, there is money to be made with the term.

Apple's entry into the market will create a NEW 'names buzz', so I hope everyone is ready for that in your strategy and pricing as it looks like it's going to happen within the coming 12 months.
That is my current focus looking forward.

Samsung is entering and Microsoft is coming due for a revised retail product as well... we will see.
Going to be a interesting year if 'war' does not get in the way. (what a fine follow-up to covid)

•••
Forgot to post.
Aholos in com
Aholodeck in com

•••
I could have sold 2 Metaverse+keyword names for 20k +2 others for more if I wanted 2.

•••
•••
•••
•••
DNJ... https://dnjournal.com/domainsales.htm

vrplan.com $5k - does not yet resolve to know what it's about.
creationxr.com $3.88k
freemeta.com $57k has transfered 3/21/22 and is listed for sale again

•••
And so, 2nd gen VR is closing with a bang....
https://www.livescience.com/htc-vive-pro-2-review
(excluding a still yet possible Rift2)
And we all know what happens in the 3rd gen of products....
Actually/technically, vive pro2 could be considered a 3rd gen product.

Still wondering where the 1st gen of 'True AR' products will be.
I had originally predicted 2023 for it's start, but it 'looks like' I'm still a bit off for later. We shall see.
But we might have pseudo AR/MR with Apple yet this year.

Anyone want to predict what the names explosion will be when an Apple announcement is made ?

(short term, I think it will be levied on the name of the device as always... bad choice depending...)
Perhaps we will know soon...
Got my dev newsletter from Apple last week for the WWDC on june 6-10. If it is to be out this year, it would be very hard not to mention it there, with the worlds dev's at hand.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not entirely sure the RIFT or even OCULUS brand names will continue...
So, let that be a history lesson for investing in 'brand-similar' names.
Sometimes you get the bear but most times the bear gets you.
Latest teaser for the next gen Meta/Facebook/Oculus/ Rift/Quest/? Stand alone

•••
•••
•••
I have done quite a bit a reading on Apple tech and a bit more intense the last 6 months.
Coming to the conclusion that Apple VR/MR is going to blow us away when using the 'M1' Ultra 5nm chip and should be a game changer for iPhone iPad and MAC's that may be unbeatable with anything else I see coming down the road in the short term. This chip answers the issue of power consumption, cpu/gpu power and low heat generation. Of course, there is always the unknown price of it all.

So, if Apple has a release this year, which I see very likely, we are in for a good ride in names going forward.

Fasten seat belt !

Oh...
This is not hype !
https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2022...s-most-powerful-chip-for-a-personal-computer/

Last edited:
•••
•••
I've been in this niche for 6 years and in every single one of them, we expected something from Apple. With the current shortage of semiconductors, I'd be very surprised if they'll reveal any piece of VR/AR hardware this year.

•••
Back