Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sure, I agree, as it was what I was doing.
No need to take offense.
I shared my opinion for the many, not just you.

Yeah my bad. Maybe I misinterpreted the tone of your reply. Thanks for keeping it positive.

•••
Just the 'Adult VR entertainment one'. It still gets plenty of traffic but not many new affiliate sign-ups because the videos can be found for free now. When I first put it up 2016 it was a money machine, I still make good monthly residuals from all the sign ups over the years so still very worth it. Just not making the same money as before, but that's ok.
Well, not to drag the thread to far off... but I have always found that to be a general trend.
Takes a lot of work to re-invent what you are doing every 2 years to keep it going.
For me, I have better yielding things for my time. Still, a valuable experience.
Never seen anyone really making anything not put a lot of work into it. But that breaks the thinking many have on easy money that gets them into it in the first place.

Stick around.. I think sales are going to start getting interesting !

•••
I forgot that I still own GameMR.com let me know if anyone is interested :)

Brandable it is sounds like Gamer...

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I find this interesting because it is not a VR publication, but a travel industry pub.
The World of Virtual Reality Travel Videos Is Sky Rocketing
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/to...l-reality-travel-videos-is-sky-rocketing.html

TeleporterTours ... HolodeckVacations
LOL... I think I'm in...

Thanks for posting.... I still have VacationsVR . com in the portfolio as well as VRCountry VRIsland and VRBeach that would fit the travel industry. I used to own a lot of location based VR domains like FranceVR but I let those dropped early and all picked up by the likes of HugeDomains and company.

•••
Thanks for posting.... I still have VacationsVR . com in the portfolio as well as VRCountry VRIsland and VRBeach that would fit the travel industry. I used to own a lot of location based VR domains like FranceVR but I let those dropped early and all picked up by the likes of HugeDomains and company.
I visualized this space from nearly the beginning, but it took me quite a while to pick some names that best say it and the harder brandable names.

The problem I see now, being latter, is that many travel type agents are going to be in this space and they do not need names. No need to put vr in their name. The are established.
On the plus side, they (existing entities) are normally late to adopt new tech so they could be run over by the better startups who become agents just because of their spot on traffic.
You have to admit the advertising would be a plus at a minimum. I see a lot of money changing hands.

But I see a close relationship between travel agents and virtual tourism, however it turns out. Being a pure sofa tour or enticing a actual trip or some combination of both.

I did some work in the 90's with interactive TV (actually pure computer but that is what we called it as computers then were intimidating to some) when virtual tours first appeared for the cruse industry for shore excursions when they arrived at ports. But that was a sideline to the big $$$ stuff I was working on. It did sell easily if the video's appeared interesting. But you are working with folks with money to spend . I can easily imagine the same in a VR environment that you could watch anywhere anytime.

Imagine 'some possibilities'... you are handicapped and can't do the scuba thing (or just chicken) and you hire a virtual agent to do it so you talk to them to point the direction of travel while they sport a 360 omni cam and you watch in VR. Even from home. (go pet the shark LOL)

I am surprised that it is advancing as much as it has this early. It 'could be thriving' in 2 years if the HMD sales keep up the pace. The interest is clearly there.

A lot of the pieces we have been watching with most VR are going to come together by then.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The 'holos.com' sale is obviously a investor play if you go look at the lander.

•••
I'm hoping like my metaverse sale in .one

my hologram.,.,one domain will fetch 5fig one day too

I had chance to reg 10usd holo.,.,one when
one opened in 2015..I was one of first to it..but then i had to pee and name was gone

I shoulda held it. or drink less
...but..who knew

•••

one opened in 2015..I was one of first to it..but then i had to pee and name was gone

...but..who knew
Ya know as I have stated it a few times here that I was never a fan of gtld's except where the gtld complimented the name.
And that is just what we are seeing.
When I stated that, it was to make many think about hoarding medium/low names under gtld.
I have been playing the former. More where I have a good .com and a gtld shortens it. Creating a 'package' of names to sell to keep others from moving near and siphon traffic.
That too provides a huge value. Think about the cost of picking them up after you establish one.
ie
TeleporterTours, TeleporterTour, Teleporter.Tours

There are so many gtld's now, it's a bit harder to play them all in a decisive way.
The obvious ones are the first to go.
You are probably doing yourself a favor by concentrating on a few and doing it well.

While I still have a personal fear that when the dust settles on gtld's, many of the registrars may go under.
We will have to see if they can consolidate or raise pricing well and hope I can make the moves on some that I have before that happens.

But when I run into a new word of play, I review it on those gtld's.

Cautiously optimistic.

•••
Important trend I think..
More about socialVR and having a valid reason to read your eyes/emotion digitally.

I doubt it makes next gen, but 2 gens is possible. It adds to much to the cost.

Facebook can project your eyes onto a VR headset, and it’s exactly as uncanny as it sounds
https://www.theverge.com/2021/8/4/2...se-passthrough-vr-prototype-research-siggraph

Sony Patented an Outside Screen for VR Possible Use on the PSVR2
https://www.esportstalk.com/news/sony-patented-an-outside-screen-for-vr-possible-use-on-the-psvr2/

•••
•••
As I mentioned many times over the past 6 years, the use of the term 'ROOM' when describing
'A Social VR Place'

Facebook’s New Bet on Virtual Reality: Conference Rooms
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/19/...-bet-on-virtual-reality-conference-rooms.html

"With Workrooms, Facebook wants to take Oculus beyond just gaming. The service is intended to provide a sense of presence with other people, even when they might be sitting halfway across the world.

Mr. Zuckerberg sees the project as part of the next internet, one that technologists call “the metaverse.” In Mr. Zuckerberg’s telling, the metaverse is a world in which people can communicate via VR or video calling, smartphone or tablet, or through other devices like smart glasses or gadgets that haven’t been invented yet."

VRFitnessRoom VRTrainingRooms VRGameRoom VRChatRooms etc

The problem with this is of course, if it remains in the hands of big social platforms only...
No need for names.
I am of the thinking that eventually, new social platforms will be created because of it.
I think that is what pushes Zucky to attempt domination from the beginning.
A fear of splintering of the crowds.
But in this case, there is a need for names.

•••

...but..who knew
Was doing a look back...
Domain Name: METAVERSEONE.COM
Registry Domain ID: 934786178_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
Registrar URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
Updated Date: 2021-04-21T11:52:03Z
Creation Date: 2007-04-20T05:33:24Z

Any chance the same buyer ?

•••
Those of you who have bought into VR(sport) / (sport)VR
May not have much longer to wait. I know I have been waiting some time now.
But honestly, I don't think this one will raise awareness much, but it's a start.

Last edited:
•••
But honestly, I don't think this one will raise awareness much, but it's a start.

SportXR
ImmersiveSports

•••

It's an area that will continue to grow

I do still hold Fitness/VR . com

•••
It's an area that will continue to grow

I do still hold Fitness/VR . com
I personally believe that fitness/virtual gym type names are going to be a big biz in VR. When...
As long as it takes. It only makes sense. If you look at the numbers folks spend on being fit/training and no better way to do it cheaper and at home and covid has shown it a better way with VR.

Exercise bike with views down any town street, same with treadmills, rowing machines down any waterway.
And workout teams that make you feel like you are in a big fancy gym.
Certainly not going away.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Wow catching up on posts hell of a read

•••
•••
Back