Dynadot

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

NameSilo
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••

I find it amusing how these forecasts always give a steady year by year CAGR (in this case 41%), when we know that one major headset release from a company such as Apple could totally disrupt headset sales figures (and just witnessed it last year with the Oculus Quest 2). 2022 is likely to see the release of the Apple headset, the PlayStation VR 2 and the Oculus Quest 3, among others.

Acquired (for small sums) AmateurVR and VRAmateurs.

•••

it’s great to see growth in VR as everyone here has invested so much.

Especially since other niches like Stablecoins has gone through the stratosphere.

Last year USDC grew from $400 Million to $4 Billion and since 1st January it’s grown to $26 Billion.

Based on current trends Stablecoins are poised to take a massive share of the Global Payments Market which is currently valued at $35 Trilllion with M2 Money supply which includes cash, checking deposits, savings deposits and money market securities at $130 Trillion.

Will we really see similar growth in VR?

•••
Honestly, if you have tracked how they come up with these numbers, it's accurate for the data they are considering. I only have a beef with the data they consider. Often it is skewed depending on who paid for the research.

You all should be able to remember the high numbers we once herd, and many of those where trying to 'buffer the pot' for investment activity.

But even more recently, when trying to access AR by title, they make a quick trick with words and call it XR, and that includes VR which was really 90% of those projected growth numbers. Not AR.
It worked for the lessor investor. They don't look close where the numbers come from.

Any of you that have listened to me rant a bit trying to calm some of you down a notch from reading this stuff, this is why.

That is why I turned to looking at the actual numbers of HMD's in folks hands. That creates a clear signal for profits to software dev's. And that is the most likely places for our names. Those that provide a experience.

The only thing I really get from most of those is a clear signal of growth. And sometimes why it is slower than expected.

While I am guilty of using the smartphone as a example for growth, looking at the curve, it probably is, just spread out over a longer period. Right now, people don't 'NEED' this stuff. They have few reasons to 'WANT' this stuff and those are increasing over time.
It's a chicken or the egg thing.
HMD's or Software/experiance dev.

•••
•••
•••
•••
This is the kinda stuff I have been waiting for...
Michigan's first free-roam VR center
https://www.hollandsentinel.com/sto...m-vr-center-open-holland-township/7936159002/

I am about a 8 hour drive from there. Perhaps a weekend adventure ?
If/when I do it, I'll report back. If anyone beats me to it, tell us about it.
Hard to pin down names for this segment. Could be a wide variety used and not a lot really needed.

•••
•••
•••
•••
me 1st 5fig sale

Screenshot_20210726-100604_Chrome.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Congrats mate, well done.

I'm looking at some new about the Metaverse lately..

Looking real good.

thanks bud.. lucky me I got to .one almost on day it opened back in may2015 ... so I had some choices..names like this one would be gone fast

I remember putting holo.,.one into dyna search..it was avail to reg..then i went pee..5mins later it's gone to some russian in whois...

it's basically the only ngtld I invest in..some 20 names.. and kinda like.

still have 15ish names left.. overall been good especially with this sale.. also sold meta.,.,one for bout 5k...couple years back

bit undersold ...but .. we move on

I wonder if virtualreality.,one will ever sell for me..hehehe.. will see..

I'll check 4fun if augmented reality and extendedreality are taken

Last edited:
•••
thanks bud.. lucky me I got to .one almost on day it opened back in may2015 ... so I had some choices..names like this one would be gone fast

I remember putting holo.,.one into dyna search..it was avail to reg..then i went pee..5mins later it's gone to some russian in whois...

it's basically the only ngtld I invest in..some 20 names.. and kinda like.

still have 15ish names left.. overall been good especially with this sale.. also sold meta.,.,one for bout 5k...couple years back

bit undersold ...but .. we move on

I wonder if virtualreality.,one will ever sell for me..hehehe.. will see..

I'll check 4fun if augmented reality and extendedreality are taken

well they not taken.. I'll keep renewing virtualreality but dont really recommend u reg those.

holo.,.,one
meta.,..,one
metaverse

and few more... those were the ones to get..

I also have hologram.,.one...which could turn a sale one day.

too bad .one is min 3L or we could have cool things like vr.one....ar.one... etc

unless they changed min length... even so..they'd all be premium names... ps crypto.,one sold 11k in 2017...as curiosity..not mine

•••
•••
•••
Congrats on your sale!

Glad to see it went through.

Great name too!

Seems you had a few other gems in (.)one

good eye!

yes when yer early to tld u get choice..but.. even then u have to know a bit what to get..

I have a few left which down the road should sell also... but.
I think the best are gone :) arcade.. meta..metaverse...
or to put differently..i think 20k will be hard to beat for me :)

•••
yes when yer early to tld u get choice..but.. even then u have to know a bit what to get..

I have a few left which down the road should sell also... but.
I think the best are gone :) arcade.. meta..metaverse...
or to put differently..i think 20k will be hard to beat for me :)

Look at like this, you have the upper hand, when you use comparables on your next sale, not only are you using a 5fig one but you sold it your self, so if that doesn’t reneforce to your next buyer that ..this guy knows what he’s talking about (when asked $35k ;) on his next one ) what will!

Nice! Glad to see buyer paid!

Given the news lately wouldn’t surprise if we see it was ole Zuck F/B that bought ..have to wait and see

Last edited:
•••
Look at like this, you have the upper hand, when you use comparables on your next sale, not only are you using a 5fig one but you sold it your self, so if that doesn’t reneforce to your next buyer that ..this guy knows what he’s talking about (when asked $35 ;) on his next one ) what will!

Nice! Glad to see buyer paid!

Given the news lately wouldn’t surprise if we see it was ole Zuck F/B that bought ..have to wait and see

true.. well xyz of this sold 10k
..io 175k... possibly all different buyers... but I doubt its fb related.

metaverse will be huge.. I think .one suits it well..as opposed to less appealing other ngtlds.

•••
•••
true.. well xyz of this sold 10k
..io 175k... possibly all different buyers... but I doubt its fb related.

metaverse will be huge.. I think .one suits it well..as opposed to less appealing other ngtlds.
I have some of those less appealing tld's ...LOL...
.UNO
.HELP
.PROMO
.EMAIL
One never knows just how far it goes. But I can see some eventual value. No super dreams.
It's hard for a fella who bets on virtual real estate not to play a few virtual angles.
But at last I checked, metaverse . anything (that makes sense) are gone now.
Here is to many more 5 figure sales ! I think we will be seeing a few over the next year.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back