IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Don't misinterpret what you read. Magic Leap is still developing the operating system that this stand alone runs on. And what they are most likely doing is 'making a developers kit', not working with it, but making it.
You will never really know since they are not allowed to speak of it.
But, that's kinda hard to do if you have not finished the OS to fit in a stand-alone.
May 11, 2017
http://mashable.com/2017/05/11/magic-leap-developer-sign-up/#qssoiDL9hqqf
Looking for the folks that are going to write the SDK is far from having one up and running and folks writing code with it.

Qualified ? Apply Now ! https://www.magicleap.com/#/developers

They have to give the appearance they are closer than they are or the investors would shy away.
They may need 2 more rounds of funding after this but I'm sure one more is in order.
It's no different than I have seen hundreds of other company's do... only this time we are playing with very serious amounts of money.
While they are not being dishonest about anything exactly, just allowing you to lead yourself to believe in things by the way they are incompletely said. That is, if you let yourself.
A experienced venture capital investor is quick to pick-up on such things,
just because it is in your face all the time and will break you quickly.

I would never say they are not going to do this. I am only weary of time line impressions you may be getting from the press releases. And perhaps the impression that the average consumer will be able to afford this.
Folks can't afford a Vive and this is going to be 4-6x as much or more. Given that it gets a foothold, prices will come down and development will go up.

The point here is that it's a good luck situation getting real dev's to write code for a product that not many can afford to buy. Microsoft fixed that situation for itself with those WMR Goggles if you can understand that.
If not, you soon will. But it was the smartest play I have seen this whole VR/AR tech cycle.

Last edited:
•••
e-CommerceVR

nice... I have the dashless version of your domain:

EcommerceVR.com
HoloEcommerce.com
PaymentsVR.com
VRatm.com
BillVR.com
HoloRetail.com

and few more payment things.

•••
Don't misinterpret what you read. Magic Leap is still developing the operating system that this stand alone runs on. And what they are most likely doing is 'making a developers kit', not working with it, but making it.
You will never really know since they are not allowed to speak of it.
But, that's kinda hard to do if you have not finished the OS to fit in a stand-alone.
May 11, 2017
http://mashable.com/2017/05/11/magic-leap-developer-sign-up/#qssoiDL9hqqf
Looking for the folks that are going to write the SDK is far from having one up and running and folks writing code with it.

Qualified ? Apply Now ! https://www.magicleap.com/#/developers

They have to give the appearance they are closer than they are or the investors would shy away.
They may need 2 more rounds of funding after this but I'm sure one more is in order.
It's no different than I have seen hundreds of other company's do... only this time we are playing with very serious amounts of money.
While they are not being dishonest about anything exactly, just allowing you to lead yourself to believe in things by the way they are incompletely said. That is, if you let yourself.
A experienced venture capital investor is quick to pick-up on such things,
just because it is in your face all the time and will break you quickly.

I would never say they are not going to do this. I am only weary of time line impressions you may be getting from the press releases. And perhaps the impression that the average consumer will be able to afford this.
Folks can't afford a Vive and this is going to be 4-6x as much or more. Given that it gets a foothold, prices will come down and development will go up.

The point here is that it's a good luck situation getting real dev's to write code for a product that not many can afford to buy. Microsoft fixed that situation for itself with those WMR Goggles if you can understand that.
If not, you soon will. But it was the smartest play I have seen this whole VR/AR tech cycle.

Folks are already working with devkits.

•••
nice... I have the dashless version of your domain:

EcommerceVR.com
HoloEcommerce.com
PaymentsVR.com
VRatm.com
BillVR.com
HoloRetail.com

and few more payment things.
LOL
and they all will need Virtualidentification !

SHOW ME !

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well, Show me ! Point the way ! Just a link to it ! Has Magic Leap said as much ? NOT !

Reading well crafted press release's or media article's "written from them" is not research.
That is how most are 'LEAD TO BELIEVE' in things that were not stated, and spread the hype.

The purpose of the hoopla with Magic Leap about a SDK was done in tid-bits because of the up-coming round of series "D" funding. Most bought into that assumption of that from them just looking for dev's and speculation from the media. It was intended for them to speculate on it.
And I'm still waiting to see a SDK happen and a hardware dev kit since I almost believed them when they said it back in 2015. I have $5k put aside for it when it does.

From Feb 2017 (3 months ago)
"Former employees say they expect the company to release a developer's kit this year, the first step toward a commercial release, although some have said an internal "this year" timeline goes back to 2014.

A Magic Leap representative declined to comment for this article."

http://www.businessinsider.com/magic-leap-engineers-scramble-prototype-february-board-meeting-2017-2 (good read if you read it all)
Notice, they are not going to 'officially' say it. That would be misleading investors while seeking funding.
A criminal offense if pursued as they are far from it. Secretive for a reason.

They use the media to help make assumptions outside of the facts. Hype for funding.
But the next time they want money, they will have to show everyone something real. Perhaps this time?
If they really have a SDK, they would want everyone to know it officially leading into funding.
I'm having doubts if this is intended to be a 'consumer' product at all. It's not where the money is going.
How do you burn-up even $1B and not have a functional prototype to show even from the outside ?

Anyway, I don't see where Magic Leap is going to change anything with the Domain Names landscape.
Whatever you want to call the format they will present (AR/MR or Cinematic Reality), there will be many already there by the time they make it to market. But a cool high quality device it 'might be'.
Hopefully, we will 'see' some real hardware by the mid/end of 2018, even if it's a dev prototype.
http://mashable.com/2017/02/15/magic-leap-stop-the-hype-show-the-product/#maa4PjKVSaqO

Last edited:
•••
ARe-Commerce / ARTryOn / ARTry-On

ESTÉE LAUDER LAUNCHES AR E-COMMERCE PREVIEWS POWERED BY MODIFACE

We are very excited to announce our partnership with Estée Laude for web and mobile AR product previews. Starting today, users can virtually try-on product shades on their photo or live video while viewing the product on the brand's eCommerce product pages.

“We are delighted by our partnership with ModiFace which has resulted in an incredibly realistic and accurate representation of our products through Augmented Reality technology,” Stephane de La Faverie, Global Brand President. “We are especially delighted that this capability is provided to our consumers across all platforms, including mobile, web, and tablet, directly on the product page where it can make the biggest impact.”

Our latest web AR technology combines the latest advances in AI, facial tracking, and computer graphics to result in a realistic, widely usable, and practical application that has been highly optimized for improving the online beauty shopping experience. We are extremely excited to bring this unique technology to market with Estée Lauder, one of the world's most renowned beauty brands.

Read more: http://modiface.com/news.php

Last edited:
•••
ARe-Commerce / ARTryOn / ARTry-On

ESTÉE LAUDER LAUNCHES AR E-COMMERCE PREVIEWS POWERED BY MODIFACE

We are very excited to announce our partnership with Estée Laude for web and mobile AR product previews. Starting today, users can virtually try-on product shades on their photo or live video while viewing the product on the brand's eCommerce product pages.

“We are delighted by our partnership with ModiFace which has resulted in an incredibly realistic and accurate representation of our products through Augmented Reality technology,” Stephane de La Faverie, Global Brand President. “We are especially delighted that this capability is provided to our consumers across all platforms, including mobile, web, and tablet, directly on the product page where it can make the biggest impact.”

Our latest web AR technology combines the latest advances in AI, facial tracking, and computer graphics to result in a realistic, widely usable, and practical application that has been highly optimized for improving the online beauty shopping experience. We are extremely excited to bring this unique technology to market with Estée Lauder, one of the world's most renowned beauty brands.

Read more: http://modiface.com/news.php
It has been the promise of AR tech. But I don't have many plays to fit that mold.

But for the tech... FaceTrackers
But that tech will be used in a lot of things going forward. Perhaps transparently. No high hopes for it.
But you would think a company like estee lauder would come up with something better than 'MODIFACE'.... LOL Sounds like a late night info-mercial.

Edit: I see it is a partnership with 'modiface' and not a product of their own. But Still...

Last edited:
•••
OK... I took a stab at that space in a brandable !

mirrARmirrAR

Perhaps I should pitch it to those at modiface ? LOL

Last edited:
•••
Well, Show me ! Point the way ! Just a link to it ! Has Magic Leap said as much ? NOT !

Reading well crafted press release's or media article's "written from them" is not research.
That is how most are 'LEAD TO BELIEVE' in things that were not stated, and spread the hype.

The purpose of the hoopla with Magic Leap about a SDK was done in tid-bits because of the up-coming round of series "D" funding. Most bought into that assumption of that from them just looking for dev's and speculation from the media. It was intended for them to speculate on it.
And I'm still waiting to see a SDK happen and a hardware dev kit since I almost believed them when they said it back in 2015. I have $5k put aside for it when it does.

From Feb 2017 (3 months ago)
"Former employees say they expect the company to release a developer's kit this year, the first step toward a commercial release, although some have said an internal "this year" timeline goes back to 2014.

A Magic Leap representative declined to comment for this article."

http://www.businessinsider.com/magic-leap-engineers-scramble-prototype-february-board-meeting-2017-2 (good read if you read it all)
Notice, they are not going to 'officially' say it. That would be misleading investors while seeking funding.
A criminal offense if pursued as they are far from it. Secretive for a reason.

They use the media to help make assumptions outside of the facts. Hype for funding.
But the next time they want money, they will have to show everyone something real. Perhaps this time?
If they really have a SDK, they would want everyone to know it officially leading into funding.
I'm having doubts if this is intended to be a 'consumer' product at all. It's not where the money is going.
How do you burn-up even $1B and not have a functional prototype to show even from the outside ?

Anyway, I don't see where Magic Leap is going to change anything with the Domain Names landscape.
Whatever you want to call the format they will present (AR/MR or Cinematic Reality), there will be many already there by the time they make it to market. But a cool high quality device it 'might be'.
Hopefully, we will 'see' some real hardware by the mid/end of 2018, even if it's a dev prototype.
http://mashable.com/2017/02/15/magic-leap-stop-the-hype-show-the-product/#maa4PjKVSaqO

ML are Not going to create a new term but might enhance. Microsoft are going to make a difference imo real soon.
About the SDK, not playing this game. I know for a fact there is one and it will go to bigger circles soon, you can take my word for it or not.

Cheers.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Sold photonAR in the king some time ago for $1,000 and seems to be an enduser. Hand regged it for about $1 with a coupon.

•••
•••
•••
Reg'd AugmentGO. com

Got GoMixedReality in the com

Edit: hand reg'd it, could not believe it was available. Still some opportunities, even got iimmerse in the king too.

Last edited:
•••
Lowball for XRC/ommerce

Will update if anything progresses.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Microsoft reveals Dell and Asus Windows Mixed Reality headsets
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/31/15717478/dell-asus-windows-mixed-reality-headsets-features
DSCF5251.0.jpg

•••
•••
ARSelfi .es
VRSelfi .es
MRSelfi .es
3DSelfi .es

•••
What do you think about domains like:

Ms
Mr
Mister
Mrs
Madam
Me
My

all VR.com at end?
MR is also stands for "mixed reality". I own MRFilming but don't count on this one too much..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back