IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I get a kick out of watching boxing in VR. Haven't watched basketball, yet. A couple I have....

courtside360.com
ringside360.com

360CourtSide / 360Frontrow / VRFrontrow

•••
I get a kick out of watching boxing in VR. Haven't watched basketball, yet. A couple I have....

courtside360.com
ringside360.com
Nice names.
I would have played more sports related names if I thought the normal media that normally has control of events in sports was going to loose their grip on it. It limits the need for domains.
So I stay in the gaming side of sports. Just acquired 3DBoxer as a drop. But have VRSportscast, VRSportsRoom, HolodeckSports, VRSports.org since they play in any environment including e-sports.

•••
Nice names.
I would have played more sports related names if I thought the normal media that normally has control of events in sports was going to loose their grip on it. It limits the need for domains.
So I stay in the gaming side of sports. Just acquired 3DBoxer as a drop. But have VRSportscast, VRSportsRoom, HolodeckSports, VRSports.org since they play in any environment including e-sports.
Agreed about sports domains. I wasn't going to go nuts with them.
Fantasy sports(like fantasy football), though....I think they have a cool opportunity with Augmented/Mixed Reality. I didn't want to go nuts with fantasy sports either,so, just went with

fantasysportsMR.com.

•••
Agreed about sports domains. I wasn't going to go nuts with them.
Fantasy sports(like fantasy football), though....I think they have a cool opportunity with Augmented/Mixed Reality. I didn't want to go nuts with fantasy sports either,so, just went with

fantasysportsMR.com.
Yes, in moderation.
in any case it will be a couple more years before it can get any widespread adoption.
And I don't think we can yet imagine what the killer apps will be.
But I'm sure it's being developed by someone as we speak of it.
Perhaps something will be shown if they start needing more seed money.
But all the Big Sports Venues are at R&D with VR sports, including Cable Co's (PPV) !
So likely, someone will be bought out for producing a good idea... or just copied, which is why most stay low profile about what they are working on.

Edit: to do it right, they need to be able to stream 8k 3D @ 180 video. Advantage CABLE !

Last edited:
•••
I own one space related domain name

Hologramspace.com i do like space names think they will have a use especially for educational

•••
EXMR.com

EXVR.com sold for $8000 last month

Thanks

•••
EXMR.com

EXVR.com sold for $8000 last month

Thanks
Pretty hefty buy-in for a investor !
Not sure the investment vs the wait vs the return is worth it at that level. Time will tell.
But we can all hope it is. As a investor sale, it brings no support help to my 30 or so 4 char names.
If we could see 4/5 end user sales at that level for 4char VR names... that would be different.

But I am moving mine to end-users at near half that level and I am satisfied with that ROI.
I prefer a Cash Flow on sales and take my profit out before reinvestment.
But what a great ROI for the seller depending on his/her investment level.
If that were a hand reg for 8 years, that's 80x mark-up for the seller.
Or if it were purchased in the aftermarket in the last 2 years at $400 is a 20x ROI
How many x's do you think the buyer can obtain over the next 3-8 years. 2x=16k, 3x=24k , 4x=32k ?
I can feel my hands sweating just thinking about it...LOL...
Just some different ways of looking at it... But I'll praise the seller on this one.

•••
Talk about confusion... watch the video...
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/90402402/virtual-reality-used-to-spread-the-travel-bug

Adobe plans to integrate with Hololens and Alexa
https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/03/adobe-plans-to-integrate-with-hololens-and-amazon-alexa/
I guess I should prepare for hololens to be hacked like everything else adobe touches.

If you have been watching Nolo - Room Scale VR for Mobile on kickstarter... They Funded !
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/243372678/nolo-affordable-motion-tracking-for-mobile-and-ste

•••
•••
•••
MovieTheatersVR / VRMovieTheatres
Nice names. While having plenty of time to do so, I never bought into the MOVIE keyword.
By the time I changed my mind about it, and buy a few, they were gone !
From about 2013 onward, if you did not get some of the better generic VR names... You were SOL...
For those biz models like in that article, I went a different route...
Arcade4D - 4DVirtualCinema & some others

I actually can't wait to see one start-up within 60 miles of me. Test Drive required !
There are 2/3 company's wanting to do franchises. Using vacant Mall space seems the thing to do.

But I do have VRTheater.net and I doubt it's going very far or very fast. But I can hope !

•••
•••
•••
•••
Pretty hefty buy-in for a investor !
Not sure the investment vs the wait vs the return is worth it at that level. Time will tell.
But we can all hope it is. As a investor sale, it brings no support help to my 30 or so 4 char names.
If we could see 4/5 end user sales at that level for 4char VR names... that would be different.

But I am moving mine to end-users at near half that level and I am satisfied with that ROI.
I prefer a Cash Flow on sales and take my profit out before reinvestment.
But what a great ROI for the seller depending on his/her investment level.
If that were a hand reg for 8 years, that's 80x mark-up for the seller.
Or if it were purchased in the aftermarket in the last 2 years at $400 is a 20x ROI
How many x's do you think the buyer can obtain over the next 3-8 years. 2x=16k, 3x=24k , 4x=32k ?
I can feel my hands sweating just thinking about it...LOL...
Just some different ways of looking at it... But I'll praise the seller on this one.

Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler in dissemination of accurate information but EXVR.com did not sell for $8000. It did not sell at all and still owned by member in VR thread.

A interesting "somebody finally gets it" read.
http://www.valuewalk.com/2017/03/virtual-reality-vr-chat-reality-vr-chat/
A VR cam chat is probably going to be the #1 experience within 2/3 years.

Amazon gets in the game. Always knew they would but how far they go is where I'm a little uncertain.
http://mashable.com/2017/03/26/amazon-vr-augmented-reality-furniture-appliance-stores/#uYu94wep_squ
Bound to show up in their online cinema or just older 3D flicks.

I've been waiting for this. I picked up FurnishAR/.\com and ARDesigner/.\com a few weeks ago which works on multi levels. Every since I saw what Wayfair and Ikea has been working on for years, home interior furnishing is a solid niche to target. thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
•••
Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler in dissemination of accurate information but EXVR.com did not sell for $8000. It did not sell at all and still owned by member in VR thread.

I've been waiting for this. I picked up FurnishAR/.\com and ARDesigner/.\com a few weeks ago which works on multi levels. Every since I saw what Wayfair and Ikea has been working on for years, home interior furnishing is a solid niche to target. thanks for sharing.

Went for those plus some showroom names in all verticals with same thoughts in mind.

ARhomedesign(.)
MixedrealityDesigner(.)com
Mixedrealitydesigning(.)com
InteriorMR.com(.)

Last edited:
•••

Thanks for that info. I do look at the sales reports here with questions.

A quick look showed that it indeed changed hands in Feb. in a Godaddy auction
http://dnpric.es/?q=exvr - and dns records show the same.
So I took that as fact.

Edit:
Since you brought it up, the purchase seems to be a recover for a dropped character that makes the package worth a bit more for traffic loss recovery.... Think about it.
So I would say, he was the buyer by what I see.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for that info. I do look at the sales reports here with questions.

A quick look showed that it indeed changed hands in Feb. in a Godaddy auction
http://dnpric.es/?q=exvr - and dns records show the same.
So I took that as fact.

Edit:
Since you brought it up, the purchase seems to be a recover for a dropped character that makes the package worth a bit more for traffic loss recovery.... Think about it.
So I would say, he was the buyer by what I see.

There was a lengthy ad nauseum discussion in the VR thread started by the owner of exvr.com about what happend and as to the transaction not going through. But Godaddy has a broader issue of posting names before final closure that have sold but not settled so no money or transfer takes place. Buyer backed out. Those names skew actual sales and should be addressed by corporate. It may be listed on dnpric.es in error but it's not on namebio at all and rightly so. The name did not sell or exchange hands from the horses mouth.

Last edited:
•••
I have deleted alot of garbage recently. Xunixianshipuke in king is simply way too long but I still have xunipuke in king (which is correct) and also xunipukepai in king.

Xuni is virtual in Chinese, puke is poker

I can't find the link anymore but read an article that it isn't VR vs AR but VR is more for TVs and AR is more for mobiles...

•••
I have deleted alot of garbage recently. Xunixianshipuke in king is simply way too long but I still have xunipuke in king (which is correct) and also xunipukepai in king.

Xuni is virtual in Chinese, puke is poker

I can't find the link anymore but read an article that it isn't VR vs AR but VR is more for TVs and AR is more for mobiles...

Wow. I didn't know that! Could turn out to be a great profit for you!

My latest....

VRPowerPoint
:)

•••
Ummmmm.... why was my above post which I made in the VR thread, moved here?

Who is in charge of this?

Why are my posts getting moved?

•••
•••
Question, do you sometimes find yourself questioning your investments and whether you’ve done the right thing or not spending what you have? :-/

I’m at that stage now, I've spent well into 5 figures on domain names, family/friends thinking I'm mad, still chasing the big BIG names (been very close with a few too) but feels like I’m at a cross-roads at the minute whether I’ve done/doing the right thing or not.

The VR thread is not as active as it once was, there’s not as many reported sales lately (I know there was a great sale of Virtual+Girl reported today though) but not as many seem to be investing big anymore and all the action seems to be in this thread lately due to the rise of AR/MR/hybrid headsets and people spreading their investments about more.

Rick Schwartz also recently talked about how demand for domains is not how it once was, so I think to myself if virtual tech becomes that revolutionary tech we all hope, does something 'revolutionary' actually need the ‘old’ and with that will demand for domains actually be worse or more? :unsure:

Anyone else feel like this? I'm sure we all have been there at some stage, there's only you guys I can discuss it with anyway because I don’t know anyone in person lol.

Opinions welcome (y)

Last edited:
•••
Question, do you sometimes find yourself questioning your investments and whether you’ve done the right thing or not spending what you have? :-/

I’m at that stage now, I’m one of the big investors involved in the virtual threads who has spent well into 5 figures on domain names, family/friends thinking I'm mad, still chasing the big BIG names (been very close with a few too) but feels like I’m at a cross-road at the minute whether I’ve done/doing the right thing or not.

The VR thread is not as active as it once was, there’s not as many reported sales lately (I know there was a great sale of Virtual+Girl reported today though) but not as many seem to be investing big anymore and all the action seems to be in this thread lately due to the rise of AR/MR/hybrid headsets and people spreading their investments about more.

Rick Schwartz also recently talked about how demand for domains is not how it once was, so I think to myself if virtual tech becomes that revolutionary tech we all hope, does something 'revolutionary' actually need the ‘old’ and with that will demand for domains actually be worse or more? :unsure:

Anyone else feel like this? I'm sure we all have been there at some stage, there's only you guys I can ask about it anyway because I don’t know anyone in person lol.

Opinions welcome (y)

You have spent 5 figures mate, but try and take reassurance that companies are pumping billions into these technologies.

VR isn't where it needs to be at the moment (tech wise), being honest I wouldn't purchase an headset in their current state, but I am 100% confident things will get to where they need to be.

People become impatient and renewals can become a killer. Some good names are dropping but I see that as an opportunity.

And as far as the internet, who knows what the future holds. But I cannot imagine for the life of me anything happening that fast withing the next 15 years to replace the internet and therefore a strong company/product/service web presence.

It is only natural to question investments but try and remember we are still in the infancy stage.

And as far as VR vs AR vs MR, my belief is if you have strong enough keywords in any of these niches you are giving yourself a good chance.

Put it this way, last week I purchased five names in the aftermarket and they were all VR domains.

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
•••
You have spent 5 figures mate, but try and take reassurance that companies are pumping billions into these technologies.

VR isn't where it needs to be at the moment (tech wise), being honest I wouldn't purchase an headset in their current state, but I am 100% confident things will get to where they need to be.

People become impatient and renewals can become a killer. Some good names are dropping but I see that as an opportunity.

And as far as the internet, who knows what the future holds. But I cannot imagine for the life of me anything happening that fast withing the next 15 years to replace the internet and therefore a strong company/product/service web presence.

It is only natural to question investments but try and remember we are still in the infancy stage.

And as far as VR vs AR vs MR, my belief is if you have strong enough keywords in any of these niches you are giving yourself a good chance.

Put it this way, last week I purchased five names in the aftermarket and they were all VR domains.

Good luck ;)

Thanks for the reply mate.

Yeah I know it’s a long game, I knew that before I started investing – Domain sales seem to be drying up though, not improving and I think we all thought there would be an improvement not a decline – Whether this decline is actually because most previous sales was domainer to domainer and people have eLocked their domains up and are now waiting for end-users or if there’s another reason, only time will tell I guess.

I agree about the net though, no doubt people will still be typing on keyboards 10 years from now.

I guess the question is will ‘so called’ premium VR domains ever achieve premium prices, a guess that’s what we are all waiting for. And the same for AR and MR investors, if those abbreviations take off will premium keywords in those reach big money? If it does, I don’t look in the MR thread that often but had a flick through last night and noticed you’ve got some great ones (mobile/social).

Keywords like that, cracked it if demand is there :$: (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back