IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
another np member sold

vr
patients
.....com

4.5k ....couple weeks back

one of better VR sales to date.. though its all still years away for all these techs.. I owned the singular version but sold couple years back to np member for couple 100s. always regretted that one :)

oh well..

nice sale! congrats

Last edited:
•••
not mine... i guess someone decided not to renew........

gamexr.com 970 USD 2019-02-22 DropCatch

•••
not sure if this has any logic, but just grabbed X S R Games com ,
- xtreme sports racing
- mixed sports reality ? maybe.. lol

•••
not sure if this has any logic, but just grabbed X S R Games com ,
- xtreme sports racing
- mixed sports reality ? maybe.. lol

i don't really see this as related to any techs.. but if there is ever an xsr company related to games then you may hit jackpot ;)

jmo

•••
•••
•••
In a nutshell, it looks like an improved Hololens... But not a drastically different approach like some of us may have been hoping for. Most of the improvements went into larger resolution and software enhancements, which look quite amazing. The headset looks less bulky and allows the user to flip the lens up when not in use.

But I can't stress enough that this is still not a consumer ready/targeted device, which they are not aiming for anyway, hense the industrial demos in training and manufacturing.

It looks like a great improvement overall considering how early it still is.

Last edited:
•••
In a nutshell, it looks like an improved Hololens... But not a drastically different approach like some of us may have been hoping for. Most of the improvements went into larger resolution and software enhancements, which look quite amazing. The headset looks less bulky and allows the user to flip the lens up when not in use.

But I can't stress enough that this is still not a consumer ready/targeted device, which they are not aiming for anyway, hense the industrial demos in training and manufacturing.

It looks like a great improvement overall considering how early it still is.

I'm very excited from what I'm seeing .
It's getting closer and I predict quality names will have more demand on 2019

•••
https://www.techradar.com/news/microsoft-hololens-2-brings-even-more-vr-power

No surprises for the hardware for me.
But it has been pretty clear the primary target has been ENTERPRISE for now and no surprise there either.
They know the pricing is out of reach of consumers, again, no surprise.

So, I see a payment plan of $125 a month. A good move if it works. But I see this as a way for the private developers to get their hands on it.

That's how I have seen it. Going to be a few more years before a wider consumer adoption.
So, the 'present' primary names target for this, is in the hands of ENTERPRISE DEVELOPERS.
Those that develop solutions for training and visual assistance.

•••
I'm loving the Hololens 2 developments.

It's a solid product, just need apps and affordability.

•••
Epic Games Announces Unreal Engine Support for Microsoft HoloLens 2

Epic’s vision and core principles are very much aligned with Microsoft’s, and we’re pleased to bring high-quality support for HoloLens in Unreal Engine to developers,” said Sweeney. “AR is the platform of the future for work and entertainment, and Epic will continue to champion all efforts to advance open platforms for the hardware and software that will power our daily lives.”

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/epic-games-announces-unreal-engine-support-for-microsoft-hololens-2

•••
Epic Games Announces Unreal Engine Support for Microsoft HoloLens 2

Epic’s vision and core principles are very much aligned with Microsoft’s, and we’re pleased to bring high-quality support for HoloLens in Unreal Engine to developers,” said Sweeney. “AR is the platform of the future for work and entertainment, and Epic will continue to champion all efforts to advance open platforms for the hardware and software that will power our daily lives.”

https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/epic-games-announces-unreal-engine-support-for-microsoft-hololens-2

Worth noting that the CEO underlined in his announcement that they are not working on consumer products for the hololens...

•••
Worth noting that the CEO underlined in his announcement that they are not working on consumer products for the hololens...

Yeah , all in time .

Of course , developers will set the foundations for future generations .

What's most important for me at least is the quality of this device and the software improvements

•••
Yeah , all in time .

Of course , developers will set the foundations for future generations .

What's most important for me at least is the quality of this device and the software improvements

It's good to know there's a quality high end product out there setting the standards. End of 2019 we should see some consumer (hopefully dirt cheap) 5G Phone tethered AR Glasses and then the fun will start.

It's been quiet on the VR/AR/XR threads of late and i've heard a fair amount of FUD about VR in general but It's all coming together nicely.

•••
i like .co... combined with probably the best keyword for any of these techs... this didn't take me too long to decide to reg ;) it is my first and only XR name so far...

XRGAMES
.co

•••
i like .co... combined with probably the best keyword for any of these techs... this didn't take me too long to decide to reg ;) it is my first and only XR name so far...

XRGAMES
.co

Agree
Saw it sitting there with XRgames.org
These names will sell , I like it as well .

•••
Agree
Saw it sitting there with XRgames.org
These names will sell , I like it as well .

oh ok. I did not know xrgames.org dropped also yrsterday at same time as the .co
weird... usually didn't know .co and org had exact same drop timeframes..

but the .co definitely droppped just yesterday.

if I knew about the ,.org I would have taken it too. or did you get it?

cheers

•••
oh ok. I did not know xrgames.org dropped also yrsterday at same time as the .co

cheers

The org is dropping later today

•••
The org is dropping later today

hmmm.. well I guess the org didn't make it to regfee... looks like dropcatch...oh well.. one is better than nothing. good keyword for all techs.. games.. gamexr..com sold 1k recently.. around.

•••

cheers

XRGames.org and .co are my drops! Good luck to the new owners!

Last edited:
•••
•••
3 fresh r-e-g-s

Immerse////Cloud

Immersive
//////Tek

Immersive
////Cloud///Learning

all

COM

•••