IT.COM

Holo vs VR vs MR vs AR vs any other reality (All realities)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VRdommy

Top Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/07/catcher-to-make-parts-for-ar-product/

C81F4F16-BF33-448B-A428-68DD8AD07793.jpeg

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
If I can’t sell my VRCryptocurrencies for more than $250 when there’s a Cryptocurrencies Frenzy going on I’m dropping everything and going to live in a mountain cave in India and call myself Babalevi.

Good luck in the mountains.

•••
•••
•••
......WTF? LOL... Is that site satire on purpose or just click bait fake news (not attempting to be funny)?
Just read their terms:
"vrdizzy.com is a satire news site – this means that all the stories are for entertainment and are not true. VR Dizzy accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of this information – it is all made up and is not accurate."

•••
I have just regged 2-letters:

VR.NF
VR.SV

SV remainds me of server or service and also of silicon valley. But is there value in this VR domans at all?

•••
•••
I have just regged 2-letters:

VR.NF
VR.SV

SV remainds me of server or service and also of silicon valley. But is there value in this VR domans at all?
CC's for Norfolk Island and El Salvador for those that were not familiar.
So what did those CC's cost you to reg ?

Don't play them any more except in rare occasion.
But a few Generic TLD's... VR.Bargins & VR.Discount ( think these renew for $35/yr?)

I think they are all a double fair play for Virtual Reality or Vacation Rooms/Rentals
Can't see me loosing money on them anyway.

Welcome to the forum !

•••
So what did those CC's cost you to reg ?

.NF a little above 150 USD, .SV 105 USD (can be done cheaper though)
I specialized in ultra short domains and generally have good experience. I also hold CN.NF but this 2 are my first "VR" s and I am quite happy to have them :) Will see it it was worth

•••
I have

VRHMD.com (VR Head Mounted Display)

XXVR.com

AugmentedReality.in

•••
Gee... Think I should have sold my 3M stock today ! To late now !
That guy should find a job waiting for him at Magic Leap !
We can call him Joe Isuzu

But plenty of VR names on the drop lists. None I find favorable. Perhaps yours are better ?

I've dropped 24 vr/holo etc names so far this month, so I'm averaging over two a day. Only three VR names, with hyphens. They would be premium names without the hyphen, but I can't justify renewing hyphenated names and nets and orgs at this stage except for a few outstanding ones like vrchat in org

•••
Additional patents for Apple in 3D sensing cam tech
http://www.patentlyapple.com/patent...ne-x-camera-was-published-today-by-uspto.html

I am starting to contemplate that we are unlikely to see anything for AR-Glasses from Apple for at least 1 more year and 2 more years is looking like the smartest play.
And the same for MS and the Hololens (more likely late next year).
And for those hoping for 'immersive AR', you may have seen some of the best we will see on the market over the next 3-4 years in the form of WMR, although I do expect some improvements in those. But AR content is lagging behind VR by very high distance.

It's not that the tech does not exist, but they have yet to learn how to make it small enough and light enough and with a reasonable power consumption that is marketable (cost) to the public.
That makes immersive AR a hard nut to crack.
So I re-iterate that Enterprise will be the early adopters for AR HMD's/Glasses (outside of WMR) and will be the folks that pave the way for the affordable consumer versions in the nearest term.

So that just means a latter delay in 'end-use' demand for specific niche names for AR.
AR Content names may do OK next year in thinking of those that work from the smartphone and not a HMD.

Looking ahead for VR in 2018, I see 'room-scale' VR being the dominate 'want' as we see the next gen of Vive & Oclulus's stand alone release,
but most of the hardware sales will be in the low-cost arena and content domain names will run high.
Still to early for cat-killing VR names for end-use to bring high value. But Investment Plays ???

Just peeking into my crystal ball....

•••
Thinking about developing XRJobs - com (and/or possibly XRDevelopers - com) into a job site of sorts. Think there's enough monetization potential and recognition of the term at this point in time to be worth the effort?

•••
I am pretty sure we are both aware of each others situation not to scam each other.

He's trying to work hard for his little family just in the same way I am and I am 100% confident we both want to see each other succeed.

I would never scam someone. Just last year @marioct had a couple of domains I was interested in that he wanted $x,xxx range for.

I didn't have the funds but he said he would push the domains to my account and I could pay for them when I eventually got the money.

Within a couple of months I made sure marioct was paid in full.

If nothing else I do value my ability to keep my word.

It was as Namepov says, he is a serious mate who keeps his word.

•••
•••
Thinking about developing XRJobs - com (and/or possibly XRDevelopers - com) into a job site of sorts. Think there's enough monetization potential and recognition of the term at this point in time to be worth the effort?
It's not a matter of the keyword recognition, but the need of service. And that goes to the heart of the need for the name.

Plenty of 'tech head hunter' agency's out there, but for new media, the folks in need know where to find them. At collage and universities or in the working field itself. Then there is India.
But, perhaps something creative for independent developers, it could be the best sub-niche.

Just check google adwords keyword data & values for revenue possibilities.
But, without looking, I would expect that to be bleak. But it is what you think it may be 2 years from now over today's data and you need to be established before it hits.

Personally, unless you were already running a head-hunter, knowing the details of how it all works, I would think it was not worth your time unless you have something unique to offer to generate a quality PPC/Lead.
JMHO, but I would just do a enhanced parking page (with content) to test the field & gather stats.
People are looking for carers in these fields, not jobs. Jobs are at McDonalds and Wal-Mart.
And a graphics engineer may not necessarily be looking to work in the 'XR' field.

I can't see where the 'ad revenue' would come from trying to siphon traffic from established headhunters for a 'narrow niche'. You need to offer a service yourself. Add revenue follows content and traffic.
Don't let me discourage you, but will need to do your homework before investing time/money.
But I encourage you to test the water. You always learn something of benefit useful down the road.
I think XRDEVELOPERS can provide more options if you can generate a content platform.

•••
It's not a matter of the keyword recognition, but the need of service. And that goes to the heart of the need for the name.

Plenty of 'tech head hunter' agency's out there, but for new media, the folks in need know where to find them. At collage and universities or in the working field itself. Then there is India.
But, perhaps something creative for independent developers, it could be the best sub-niche.

Just check google adwords keyword data & values for revenue possibilities.
But, without looking, I would expect that to be bleak. But it is what you think it may be 2 years from now over today's data and you need to be established before it hits.

Personally, unless you were already running a head-hunter, knowing the details of how it all works, I would think it was not worth your time unless you have something unique to offer to generate a quality PPC/Lead.
JMHO, but I would just do a enhanced parking page (with content) to test the field & gather stats.
People are looking for carers in these fields, not jobs. Jobs are at McDonalds and Wal-Mart.
And a graphics engineer may not necessarily be looking to work in the 'XR' field.

I can't see where the 'ad revenue' would come from trying to siphon traffic from established headhunters for a 'narrow niche'. You need to offer a service yourself. Add revenue follows content and traffic.
Don't let me discourage you, but will need to do your homework before investing time/money.
But I encourage you to test the water. You always learn something of benefit useful down the road.
I think XRDEVELOPERS can provide more options if you can generate a content platform.

Yeah was thinking along those lines. Thanks replying! I think that when the XR industry does go more mainstream there could be a need for a specific site particularly geared for those interested in employment/employees in the XR industry, but like you said it would need to offer something particularly useful over the job sites that already exist. There is already linkedin and Monster for example, but I think XR really is developing it's own culture and if there is more than just profiles and job listings it could turn into something worth visiting.

Pondering a little further, I think I'm going to hold off on developing XRDevelopers - com. I think it shouldn't have any trouble fetching for a decent sale price within the next next 12 - 36 months.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back