Dynadot

High $xx,xxx offer @ GD Auction

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello Everyone,

1. last week I have received an inquire for my domain via parking page @ DNS. I have quoted minimum offer $50K with $100K Buy it now. The email leads to large Chinese developer / real estate company.
2. Next day I have received an inquire for the same domain @ Afternic, so I have quoted the same floor price and buy it now price.
3. Next day I have received high $xx,xxx offer @ GoDaddy auction and I have accepted the offer.
4. The buyer started an escrow @ escrow.com immediately, but it has been 5 days and the buyer failed even to choose the payment method.
5. On mondayI called GD to check on the transaction and I have been told to wait till wednesday (today) and email auctions @ GD.
6. Monday night I received an email from claim to be GoDaddy sales representative who claim to have a buyer for the same domain and will pay about $25K less than the original accepted offer. She introduced herself with American common name, but the email address is Chinese name & last name @ go daddy.com and even I could recognize it wasn't written by native English speaking person.
7. I replied to her that the domain has been sold and I am under agreement but if the original buyer will fail to proceed the transaction, I may "think" about it if the commission is right.
8. She replied the commission is 5 to 20%.
9. I emailed auctions @ GD today to find out what is going on, tried to get info where is the original offer from and also forwarded the fishy email from claim to be GD associate with the lower offer.
10. GD Auctione replied:
"Support Staff Response
Dear Tomas,
Thank you for contacting Aftermarket support. We will not provide any information about other shoppers to anyone. We will reach out to the buyer and remind them to complete payment at escrow.com. Should they fail to do so within the next 10 days or if we determine that they will not be completing the transaction as agreed it may be cancelled so that you can relist the domain for sale.
We will review why you were contacted by that representative regarding your domain.
Please reach out to us if you have any other questions.
Regards,
Kyle H
Aftermarket Support"

I do have a feeling it may be a scam, or she may be connected to the original buyer and trying to get $25,000 off of the original offer. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tomas

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How is blocking images in your email like smashing your TV? A TV is meant to watch IMAGES, an Email is meant to convey TEXT.

I never loaded images in my emails, not in all the years I have been in the industry. You know you can get viruses and malware through images in emails too right?

I assure you all information stays intact even without the fancy images.

EDIT
And you don't need blocking software or plugins, all email clients allow you to block images either by default or through the native options.

And I don't really care if I damage anonymous people on the internet psychologically. If I would elect something it would probably be NOT damaging people. Though I doubt that blocking their tracking possibilities will do that.

Last edited:
•••
How is blocking images in your email like smashing your TV? A TV is meant to watch IMAGES an Email is meant to convey TEXT.

I never loaded images in my emails, not in all the years I have been in the industry. You know you can get viruses and malware through images in emails too right?

I assure you all information stays intact even without the fancy images.

You don't have to block ALL images. :xf.rolleyes:

Time to update @promo ... It's 2017, you don't have to be afraid to use your computer :)

•••
I have no need for updating. I have brains, that never goes out of fashion. You should try and get some.

•••
I have no need for updating. I have brains, that never goes out of fashion. You should try and get some.
Try be calm. There's no need for this

•••
No need for roll eyes either. But there you go.

•••
<3

Last edited:
•••
I gave real advice based on real experiences. You just come in and comment regardless without knowing anything about the subject or any experience in the area.

So Godaddy has great customer service and blocking images in emails are unnecessary?

People like you should just try and limit themselves to commenting on stuff they actually know about. But guess you had to stay quiet then.

•••
I gave real advice based on real experiences. You just come in a comment regardless without knowing or experience.

So Godaddy has great customer service and blocking images in emails are unnecessary?

People like you should just try and limit themselves to commenting on stuff they actually know about. But guess you had to stay quiet then.

GoDaddy has great customer service. I've never had a problem with them once. I can always get them on the phone and I am 100% satisfied with them as a registrar.

My GD rep is excellent, and so is their presence here on NP.

Must I say something BAD about GD? Fine... their web services are garbage and upselling every little thing for one domain transaction is annoying. But I don't use their web services, I use their domain services.

Secondly...

You don't need to block images, blocking ALL images is an old-hat strategy that was used in the past. You may be comfortable with that, and thats fine NOBODY IS JUDGING YOU.

I use a different method, with valid reasons behind it.

Finally...

Being on the seller side of GoDaddy Buy Service is something totally different, as I have said. You have to know your place in the transaction and not expect to be treated like a customer.

You and the buyer are enemies, and GDB is their army sent to knock you down a peg.

I have had experience with GDB, and it was not good at all. But again, it just lends to what I am saying...

Last edited:
•••
How about you tell us about your different method and its valid reasons instead of sending roll eyes towards people that disagree with you?

Regarding Godaddy customer service being great. I have no doubt at your level is adequate service. They are quite good at assisting with stuff like updating nameservers and selling add ons. I am talking about handling large sales, coordinating responses regarding after market sales and even coordinating between buyer and seller reps. Its a mess and its hampered by obviously ill thought out bonus incentives for selling add ons and appropriating leads on after market sales.

Sounds like you do little business there. Unfortunately I am forced to do a lot of business through them.

•••
How about you tell us about your different method and its valid reasons instead of sending roll eyes towards people that disagree with you?

See previous posts... I don't block images to influence the sender.
I read eMails on my iPhone, which gives you a text snapshot of the message instead of opening it.

I have no doubt at your level is adequate service.

You say this crap to me, but you are upset over a ROLLEYES. :xf.rolleyes::xf.rolleyes::xf.rolleyes:

Maybe that's insulting to you, it wasn't meant to be that serious.

In addition to having five-figure sales I know php, asp, MySQL, HTML, Ruby, and Perl. I don't need anyone to help me with my nameservers or renewing a domain. Stop being a slag.

You have been doing this for a long time, I get it, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

Sounds like you do little business there. Unfortunately I am forced to do a lot of business through them.

You make your own choices in life, if someone is forcing you do to something than it sounds like you might need to stop doing it the old way and try a new way.

That seems to be the theme of everything you are saying here... You do things YOUR way, and every other way is just wrong.

I don't list with anyone; GD, Sedo, Afternic, BrandBucket, Flippa, etc... it's what works for me.

I dev my own landing pages, pay zero commissions, and negotiate my own sales.

So you are 100% I do very little business there, and I'm very proud of that - nobody will ever force me to do anything I'm not okay with.

Last edited:
•••
5X 5 figure sales? My my. Sounds like you should be the DomainVP. Oh wait you already appointed yourself to that position.

If you do very little business at GD why are you telling us about their great service?

Edit
Yeah I have been forced to do business there since I had a client that absolutely wanted to use them because of reasons non disclosed. It made me a 6 figure commission all in all though. So I did it but have the right to complain about their crappy service.

I meet Joe styler in person he is a nice guy that often can set things straight. But cant be right you have to run to the boss each time you want things handled right.

Last edited:
•••
5X 5 figure sales? My my. Sounds like you should be the DomainVP. Oh wait you already appointed yourself to that position.

If you do very little business at GD why are you telling us about their great service?

GD has great customer service, but when it comes to GDB you should be aware that their goal is to get your domain for as low as possible.

That's what THIS THREAD is about, GDB and their interaction with sellers. GDB isn't about customer service, you are NOT their customer in that capacity.

I've been on the seller end, and I've chose to ignore the eMails... which led to your eMail image tirade.

I don't know how I can say that any clearer. I have no clue why you are making this about me.

Yet here you are, arguing with little ole me that knows nothing about anything. :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh:

Not going to let your mole hill personal issues move this mountain, I have things to do.

Good day @promo :xf.rolleyes:.

Last edited:
•••
Just saying that if you nothing about the subject, as you stated, and do very little business at Godaddy, like you stated, then dont go around posting your misconceptions as facts.

•••
You don't need to block images, blocking ALL images is an old-hat strategy that was used in the past. You may be comfortable with that, and thats fine NOBODY IS JUDGING YOU.
Just to be clear, we are talking about remote images, not embedded images. I use Thunderbird and by default it won't display remote images, unless you enable them (or you set a rule for certain senders).
I believe that even Microsoft Outlock behaves the same and most other mail clients too.
Web bugs are used to track if you read a message but will also give away your IP address.
Needless to say, I only enable remote images for known, legit senders or newsletters.

•••
Just saying that if you nothing about the subject, as you stated, and do very little business at Godaddy, like you stated, then dont go around posting your misconceptions as facts.

I do very little business w/ them because I am not a sucker for punishment dealing with GDB and prefer negotiation with end users not brokers.

Not a single thing I said was a misconception.

You say I have misconceptions b/c I make better business decisions than you? So be it friend.

Have a great day.

Last edited:
•••
@DomainVP

You do realise that GBD is different from Godaddy auctions which is where the OP stated the offer came from?

Or is this just another one of your non misconceptions?

•••
Monday night I received an email from claim to be GoDaddy sales representative who claim to have a buyer for the same domain and will pay about $25K less than the original accepted offer.
R
@DomainVP

You do realise that GBD is different from Godaddy auctions which is where the OP stated the offer came from?

Or is this just another one of your non misconceptions?

are you okay?

Maybe you are having a really bad day.

I hope your day gets better. I compassionately recuse myself from this conversation.

Get well soon.

•••
@DomainVP

The OP never mentions GBD. You can be contacted by a sales representative from the Aftermarket/Godaddy auctions. This the OP mentions several times.

I am well thank you. Glad you recused yourself, you should do that more often. Does this mean you consider yourself impartial or are you just using big words in a wrong way?

•••
@DomainVP

The OP never mentions GBD. You can be contacted by a sales representative from the Aftermarket/Godaddy auctions. This the OP mentions several times.

I am well thank you. Glad you recused yourself, you should do that more often. Does this mean you consider yourself impartial or are you just using big words in a wrong way?

You only had a problem afte you got a ROLLSEYES emoji

Now you want to argue petty semantics where you are still wrong.

You need thicker skin mate. You make yourself look real bad, and the more I communicate with you it just drags me down to your level.

Arguing with me like a noob while being 100% wrong is not a good look. I thought you were better than that.

I wish you well, I hope you have a better day. Goodbye.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not really sure because I don't have all the details to make an accurate comment. What I can see is that the buyer last October who did not pay the $85k they bid was banned from our auctions and has not been back since we banned them. I don't see any other sales or offers from our side since that $85k offer did not complete. I am not sure if that buyer was related to the company who bought the name or not this time. If they are a big company then they likely have many employees they can use to buy the domain or can use a broker etc but I don't see any other activity on our side for the domain or from that buyer.
It does not seem likely that we would have a person in China call you to try and offer you $20k less for a domain you already agreed on a higher sale price for. I dont know for sure that this did not happen but it would not be in in our best interests for several reasons, we want the auctions to complete and for people to be safe and feel confident in our auction house, and of course we would make less money on the sale if it closed for $20k less. Sorry for the limited information but I can only comment on the pieces I know confidently.

•••
I'm not really sure because I don't have all the details to make an accurate comment. What I can see is that the buyer last October who did not pay the $85k they bid was banned from our auctions and has not been back since we banned them. I don't see any other sales or offers from our side since that $85k offer did not complete. I am not sure if that buyer was related to the company who bought the name or not this time. If they are a big company then they likely have many employees they can use to buy the domain or can use a broker etc but I don't see any other activity on our side for the domain or from that buyer.
It does not seem likely that we would have a person in China call you to try and offer you $20k less for a domain you already agreed on a higher sale price for. I dont know for sure that this did not happen but it would not be in in our best interests for several reasons, we want the auctions to complete and for people to be safe and feel confident in our auction house, and of course we would make less money on the sale if it closed for $20k less. Sorry for the limited information but I can only comment on the pieces I know confidently.

Joe,

during the transaction I learned that GD associates in the US have no clue about "practices" of GD associates in China, at least everyone I spoke with told me that.
Thank you for your respond.

Tomas

•••
Back