Hi, I'm Twiki answering your questions today here on NP. AMA

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

twiki

Top Member
Impact
I've just received a bunch of questions from another NP member via DM.

I thought it's more appropriate to reply to them in an AMA post as others NP members might have other questions. Never did an AMA before, here or anywhere else. Anyway, ask me anything below.

Before anything else, please note: I am really not a fan of the spotlight. So please don't put me on a pedestal - like a few folks wanted before. I really don't like / want / need all that. Just got a bit of more performance lately but it's nothing that uncommon I'd say. I'm just yet another domainer here on NP where I have learned a lot. There are many others here much better than me.

OK so here are the questions I've received, and the answers:

- Q: How long have you been in the industry?
- A: This is rather difficult to answer. I'd prefer to say 3 years, because these are the years during which I finally got performance. Which has been visible just as it went here on NP in the sales thread.

But I've been buying and selling domains on a constant basis since 2018. And I also had a few tens of short domains like 15 years ago or so. Unfortunately I let them expire an got out of domaining for a decade, would have been worth some decent money today. But I think it's never too late if you're willing to do the work.

- Q: What is portfolio right now?
- A: I guess you're asking about the size. I have 7400 domains right now, down from 25.000 historical max. I'm reducing the portfolio however and hope to go beyond 4000 so it becomes much more manageable.

- Q: How much would you say you have acquired in drop registered or closeout vs auction at GoDaddy/Dynadot etc?
- A: Again if you're asking about counts: I don't have a statistic, but probably 75% of my domains are drop regs, 15% are hand regs, and most of the remaining are closeouts. Auction buys, less than 1%. However I intend to develop that next but it is more time consuming for me to watch the auctions.

- Q: How much do you spend on average acquiring domains?
- A: If you ask about time, it varies. Sometimes a full day, other times I don't even work on domains. On average at least 2 hours per day. If you're asking about $, most domains are at reg cost OR closeouts which range between 5 and 50$ + reg fee. Auctions I only have bought domains worth $300 or less.

- Q: Looks like you are mostly focused on the dot com? Is that correct?
- A: Yes. I have a much better hand at .COMs. Like 99% of my domains are .COM.

- Q: Do you hand register domains also?
- A: Sure, but not every day. Sometimes I get an idea and will register some based on it. I've sold for example quite a few meta domains which are all handregs. I haven't sold any NFT domain so far. It depends. I tend to not go too deep in hand regs.

Please note that drops are also a form of handregs. Well drops I do daily, and sometimes several depending on the quality available that day.
------

I'm going to add a bit of more insight here as to how I get results:

What I do is simple, I'm working hard each day (really) and got a bit of luck as well. That's all, nothing out of the ordinary. I also try to help others when I can, here on NP and elsewhere (with some limits, of course). I am also a full stack developer and I build my own tools for domaining, that helps as well.

If anyone here on NP has another question to ask, please ask below. If there are none more, that's also cool with me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- Do you have a wife
- Does she know what you are doing
- When was the last time you two had an argument about domain name
You struck a different chord here.

I am alone. My daughter also lives in a different country. You are lucky.

Her mother passed away suddenly due to Covid. There isn't a single day without our family feeling the loss. Especially our daughter. Wish I could share in this joke, but I can't.

I hope she still knows what we two are doing, wherever she might be right now.

I do however have argument with my daughter from time to time remotely about certain names. It's annoying but I also cherish having her... to at least be able to have an argument with someone that close.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, Twiki! Gave you +10 likes
Dont have question yet; tho but appreciate!
Thanks; you share data lot times, when can.
(Not just limited to AMAs)

Good luck i wish you success all endeavors!
Samer
Well there are no AMAs since this is my first and only one... so it's at singular. I do however have posts here on NP.

Thanks a lot, Samer. I also like your balanced comments to various things.

I share what I can whenever possible as this helps the community that helped me. I know it might fuel competition (from my experience in other fields) but I don't fear competition. At best, you gave back. At worst, more competition makes the market more mature, and will challenge you to become even better. It's up to us to accept the challenge and rise up to it - if we can and if we're willing to put the effort in.

Edit: This is an ongoing process and I've learned over the years that it's a must to evolve to stay in your field and thrive. Whoever stays disconnected and hidden in a shell will not survive too long.

Domaining isn't a minimal effort business, or passive how they say. Not in most cases at least. It's hard work, risk, but also reward.

And you know what, the more you share, the more knowledge finds its way to trickle back to you somehow. Even if you risk copycats and more competition at times (debatable). Edit: I also sometimes can pinpoint at other folk's methods but I do my best not to strike in the exact same place, time and way so I don't disturb them - it's entirely possible, just be yourself and you'll be different and earn your own, particular place in this segment. Just like our all reported names are so different from one domainer to another.

Also I don't expect a reward, and definitely not a praise (don't like that) but I'll take a thanks any day and that's about it. But I do also get this feeling that there is knowledge returning back to us due to our sharing, though hard to grasp I'd say. Guess we are all connected in ways sometimes difficult to measure or detect.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,
One more important question, please shed some light:
What is average number of domain names do you SELL per month? And what is their total value per month?
Thank you.
It fluctuates a lot, but on average around 12 names at least, sometimes more, sometimes a bit less so it's like one domain each 2...3 days.

Value also fluctuates a lot but if you'd use an average $2000 value it's somewhere in the $20K - $30 k range.

A safe number is 20K in total sales, I always sell at least that. But fortunately some months are better.

•••
Hi twiki, can you talk about the process of closing your SH account?

Did you remove your names abruptly or did you give them notice in order to keep the account in good standing? If the later, how much notice did they require?
Hi, sorry I just noticed your comment now.

You can remove your domains, they asked for 7 days notice which is quite okay. Better discuss with them though.

I'm also curious as to why you closed your SH account. I assume its because they don't sell enough names to justify the 30% commission, but I'd love to hear more.

There was a mix of factors. The main issue being, it did not provide sales. Got the impression (and math confirms) that the sale ratio was actually lower than pointing my landers at Afternic over a similar domain pool. The couple domains I've sold did not convince me. Also the process of listing there is so complicated and time-consuming.

Furthermore, the commission definitely kills it. Overall I took a loss over SH. Plus the fact that I cannot really control the pricing. I disagree with most of their prices. (both high and low) But everyone knows their own stuff.

Thank you for doing this AMA. You've been very generous with your time both to myself and others, and I deeply appreciate it.

(PS: doesn't it seem weird to you that a brandable domain marketplace is using such a crappy domain as SquadHelp.com?)
Glad to be of help.

About the SH name: They could have rebranded of course. Original name might have been a reverse of the HelpSquad and whoever got it either didn't have much of a clue, OR didn't care, or didn't want to spend on a name, or... one can just assume.

But they did not rebrand, although not such a big thing. But don't ask me why they didn't, I have no idea.

The platform in itself is not bad, I like where they took it and the amount of development behind it. But it just didn't work out for me. Maybe it does for others.

•••
- Do you have a wife
- Does she know what you are doing
- When was the last time you two had an argument about domain name

•••
+1

You have done a remarkable job so far in this industry.
I'm sure your hard work and commitment will continue your growth as well.
Your posts are always thoughtful as well as helpful, and your demeaner is considerate and kind.

Thanks man, you are certainly a refreshing addition to our community.

A True nP'r !

Peace,
Kenny
Hi Kenny,

Great words, a bit too big though...? But thanks a lot. It's good to see things are having a positive impact.

I've done okay I think, given the late phase when I started. But by my own measure, it's still just a start.

There are others as well of course on NP that have done even better ( I learn from them too) that probably have started more or less around the same time. But maybe not everyone has time or possibility to write more stuff.

I'm trying to be considerate and helpful, I think we all should be.

My age helps being calmer, I mean I learned how to be as my native personality is actually pretty explosive.

Also I'm past 50 now (nobody asked, well, there you go). But I feel young and I am a very active person on several lines so "bro" might still work. Side note I manage 3 businesses and I can tell everyone, without physical exercise /workout you can't be healthy especially when you age.

But it is difficult to be considerate, though rewarding. Often people are "hitting the door with the boot" and I have to let them know there are certain limits. Trying to be polite in general and I think everyone should. We generally lack this as a society, especially online. It's so easy to burst out and lash at someone for no serious reason.

End note, there is still so much that can be done in domaining, I feel like I'm just barely starting and excited to see the changes and evolution of it. Been quite interesting 3-4 years lately with all sorts of changes.

•••
Thanks a lot for doing this AMA, and for all of the great contributions you make to NamePros. Every time I see you have written something in detail, I know I will benefit from reading it. Thank you.

I guess I only have two (related) questions. I follow what you say about shifting interest in the TLDs you handle and in the quality-level of domains. I was interested in your comment about passing up some good names, if they don't fit the sectors you find interesting. Could you please comment on:
  1. About how many different sectors/niches do you currently concentrate on?
  2. Do you regularly review and drop some sectors and add new ones, or do you stay pretty consistent on sectors over a period of years?
Thank you again, and I am very sorry to hear about the loss of the mother of your daughter due to COVID. It must be hard with that and with your daughter in a different country now. I am glad you discuss names with her sometimes, even if you don't agree. I think many family members don't share our interest in names, and it is nice when family members do show an interest.

Thanks again for everything you contribute, @twiki

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
@twiki What's your experience with Dan landers? Any idea what performs better, Afternic vs Dan buy it now?
I've said this multiple times on NP, but anyway here you go.

Dan landers never performed for me. They only worked properly for very low xxx range which I'm not interested in. Therefore personally I'm not affected by Dan being bought by GD right now.

The best results I always had via Afternic landers, especially via the NS5/NS6 lander. I believe it's due to phone number available and the GoDaddy name. Even with the extra 11% in fees, I still make more in this way.

Another big advantage is that I don't need to manage thousands of names on 2 platforms, and if something sells I don't have to hurry removing names from the other platform. Less hassle, more time to work on domains, better results overall.

Last edited:
•••
I saw most of your sale as BIN if am right and they are priced from anywhere between $1500 to $2000. But do you also get lot of sales through Afternic broker negotiations for the similar amount range or even higher amount range. I am using NS3 and NS4 as lander and I know you said you are using NS5 and NS6 lander which has the bin option.
All BIN. I have frequent sales up to $2.5K and $3k, but perhaps you haven't seen them.

No I don't get Afternic broker negotiations, most of those never resulted in a sale for me. BIN is what works.

NS3/NS4 didn't work for me. BIN lander works (5/6).

•••
Sorry to hear about your loss brother.

Thanks for the AMA
+1

You have done a remarkable job so far in this industry.
I'm sure your hard work and commitment will continue your growth as well.
Your posts are always thoughtful as well as helpful, and your demeaner is considerate and kind.

Thanks man, you are certainly a refreshing addition to our community.

A True nP'r !

Peace,
Kenny

•••
Maybe answered somewhere, but let me ask more..
here my second list of questions:

You park at AN / NS5/NS6.

-Are your domains parked in make offer form, or BIN form, or maybe neither (contact form only)?

-Do you add prices (almost) always, or do you add them
after an offer, or price request?

-Do you use fast transfer (not always possible)?

-What do you do if you let a domain expire , when it has a price. Do you remove the domain right away?
Because otherwise you may have to sell domains you don't own.

-Do you also list elsewhere?

BTW, I never parked at AN. Many of my domains are parked at Epik, and not even listed anywhere.
After Dan and EPik screwed their own parking systems intentionally,..looking for a new place to park.
Maybe not listing anywhere may work the best, as long as there is a good honest place park with contact form,
so we can avoid lowballing/nonpaying agents/marketplaces hiding behind anonomity, and prevent others from stealing your leads first, and domains later.

If you truly want to grow your domaining as a business, you have to streamline your operations. That's what I did. Decided what works, chosen my methods and stick to it. (apart from occasional testing.)

-Are your domains parked in make offer form, or BIN form, or maybe neither (contact form only)? > Only BIN. Make offer price is the same as BIN, so basically I don't have an make offer (fixed price).

-Do you use fast transfer (not always possible)? > If available, but I don't stress over it.

-What do you do if you let a domain expire , when it has a price. Do you remove the domain right away?
Because otherwise you may have to sell domains you don't own. > Yes, the same day it has expired. Besides Afternic disables your listing at the same time (detects domain has expired) so there's no such risk.

-Do you also list elsewhere? > No. I tried everything else, and in the end Afternic works for me best, even though their commission is 20%. But even with that, this simple setup (parking everything at Afternic NS5/6) is bringing me the best results (thanks again @AbdulBasit.com ).

- Maybe not listing anywhere may work the best, as long as there is a good honest place park with contact form,
so we can avoid lowballing/nonpaying agents/marketplaces hiding behind anonomity, and prevent others from stealing your leads first, and domains later.

> This actually tells that you still need to learn and haven't reached your domaining let's say maturity phase. You stress too much and focus on the wrong things. Here's my advice below:

- Maybe not listing anywhere may work the best, as long as there is a good honest place park with contact form, > No, definitely not. Unless you have a precise method for not listing your domains at all, and doing outbound to high roller companies, like @Lox has. But that's a high end and difficult one I must say (I admit I'm not able to do that yet).

- so we can avoid lowballing/nonpaying agents/marketplaces hiding behind anonomity > Once I raised all my prices to the right BIN and keeping it, all that goes away. You get your bin price, no more lowball, no more nonpaying etc. I only get like a payment error once per year at Afternic.

Don't put low min if you don't want to be lowballed. It's that simple.

- and prevent others from stealing your leads first, and domains later. > Same advice. Learn the right prices for your domains. Put a BIN price. Then forget about all the hassles etc.

If your domain is valuable, you'll get offers anyway via Afternic/ GD brokers. But overall BIN will sell most stuff.

In my opinion make offer is only good in the following situations: 1) You don't know exactly what your domain is worth; 2) You have a top-tier 5-fig domain or more, and don't want to put a price on it; or 3) You have a domain that you know will be worth much more later so you're just testing the market by accepting offers but declining all of them.

BIN price trumps everything else. With the sole condition, has to be the right price for your domain. Too low or too high and you're killing the sales ratio and/or profits.

Edit: Abdul Basit for example has a min offer, but that offer it's at say 70% of the BIN price. It tells there is room for negotiation but not much. It's a safe way to use min offer and I would not use anything lower today. But in my particular case, nobody ever took that min offer so there was no point to have the same. In the end I gave up on min offer completely.

Last edited:
•••
u on pedestal lol

what kind of dumbass newbie was that
You always leave me wondering. What's the point of your comments/interventions? Sorry but you never contribute anything useful to any thread :sleep:

•••
bahaha co a fluke and xyz to stay... I cant believe u have nerve to claim u kown something about domains.. parhetic
I really do wonder how you became a Top Contributor, by contributing this nonsense you post on every thread?

•••
I tried ns5/ns6 on a reasonable number of domains but it didn't impress me much so I got back to ns3/ns4 which is what I prefer the most. But I'm happy to know ns5/ns6 are working better for you.
As my Afternic rep said to me: NS 5/6 work best for domains with a retail price below 5k. Above that, NS3/4 is the right choice.

Your domains are of higher value, therefore the difference is clear. Plus it's a different sales process, negotiations etc. The bulk of my domains is valued between $1.5K - 3K, therefore NS5/6 fits best.

I read that you're lowering down the portfolio size and I was wondering why don't you scale up like before which will increase the probability of sales. I've believed that both numbers and quality together makes it a perfect combination. So what's your thought process behind this?
The answer here is more complicated as there is more than one side of this decision.

Indeed, the more good quality domains you have, the better your sales obviously. That's fairly easy to understand for anyone. But there is a catch, or actually more of them.

1) There are limits on how many domains you can have. There are financial limits, and also workload limits. I've realized that I cannot properly manage a portfolio larger than 4 to 5 thousand names. It gets to mostly skimming over some domains, which in turn hurts profit. Edit: My current model depends on pricing precision, well if I cannot allocate enough time for that towards each domain I'm not going to make a good ROI. Too high or too low priced, the overall profit is greatly reduced.

So it makes sense to not only reduce the financial load but also the work load and focus on best names. This gets you less work and more money.

2) In these times, during which it has become obvious for everyone (or should have) that sales are going down and will continue to go down as this global recession is settling in, it is too risky to stay at pre-recession investment levels. That's valid for many of us including myself.

I am aiming to reduce my renewal footprint at less than half ( ideally not more a third ) while maintaining the highest sales ratio by selecting the best names I have and letting others go.

3) I've been doing a volume domaining business in the past. But, as I've said multiple times on NP already, I've moved recently moved from volume to retail. The reasons are several (see above as well) but the most important factor is that this are NOT the right times for a volume-based business.

Sales are getting lower and margins will be squeezed; therefore you need to stay as liquid as possible (small footprint; less renew overhead; cash in bank) and have the highest margin (few but top quality names) so whatever you sell it still brings you a decent ROI and financial stability.

If I'd be in a volume, discount or wholesale business right now (domaining or else) I would not be comfortable at all because these are hit first when sales dwindle and margins get squeezed. Which is BTW (or should be) a no-brainer anyone who know a bit about buying/selling stuff, be it of domains or whatnot. (Edit: I know stuff in this line as I've been doing a bit of business all over the board, online and also brick and mortar and certain things are fairly common in the bulk vs. retail kind of business).

Edit: @AbdulBasit.com , you're doing top retail domaining, that's the ideal one to be in at this time. If one is able to secure enough great domains and also having the financial weight to do that. I'd advise you to focus perhaps less on profit during this recession and more on buying. Great quality names will eventually hit the market and it's time to buy them for less and hold for better years when they will sell for top dollar.

Last edited:
•••
@twiki do you set filters to select names from the droplist? If yes, how?
do you pick names manually or use an ai/bot ?

If this feels like you're revealing alot, that's okay.
I have my own custom filters that I made, for every list out there be it from drops, auctions etc. They behave differently depending on source and intent / type of domains.

Nobody can truly go manually through say 50k names in a day without a filter. After say 4-5k names you'll be dead tired.

I pick most names the old fashion, manually (90%). I do have an automated registration tool but I only use it if I'm too busy to do the hand reg, like gone out for the evening.

While doing the handreg I often decide to ditch some names in the last minute if I spot anything I missed, so I prefer to do it manually. Sometimes I lose a few names as others are faster but I don't see that as a major issue. It's fishing, sometimes a fish escapes.

These are all questions I can answer, no worries.

Last edited:
•••
Fear of the renewal fees rolling around has been a big reason I've never scaled up. Was your decision initially to scale up very logical? Did you think something like "Ok, I've got 10k+ I can invest in increasing my porfolio. It's 10k (as an example) I can lose. If I don't make that back the first year on those names, I'm dropping them and scaling back."
Very good question.

Well, since I have a long business history behind, I knew certain things before even starting.

One thing I knew was that I'm going to make losses in the first 1... 2years. So that was a risk I've taken. (Edit: business experience teaches you this; if you expect immediate profit then you're probably off by a lot.)

The second thing I knew is that I'm very late to the party. Most great .com's were already taken by 2018 (actually earlier). I had some dabbling before but didn't keep my names, unfortunately.

So this was the starting point.

I did have some money to invest, therefore I asked myself what I do not have. Two things stood out: experience and time. And If it took long to get experience, I would lose even more time, which meant that I will lag even further behind because by then the market has moved ahead and competition had increased already.

So what I said is, OK I'm going to burn money fast to learn even faster. That's the only thing that could help mitigate the problem and reduce time.

I spent $41K in my first year, sold $27K and banked an $14K loss. But I learned a lot.

The second year, I iterated the process and went better.

Then gradually I stopped burning money on discovery tiers (experimental domain registrations) and moved into investing for 4-5 fig and better quality.

As you can see, it's all logical. That's why the fear of renewals was never there.

Even now, if fear of renewals hits me at times, (since the market is indeed slowing down), logic then takes over. I do have up to 1 year ahead momentum from already paid domains . Which I can sell, liquidate, and depending on the money made during this year I will adjust renewals accordingly so I'm still in profit and have my best names to sell going through whatever times ahead.

Where there's logic and planning, fears become irrelevant.

This (what I do) is business management, not impulse investment, collector habits, irrational decisions and getting in love with your own names.

That is how money are being made. Logic is perhaps cold in itself, but it is what pays off.

Edit: The difficult part in all this, always applying logic and financial math, is discipline = never becomes easy.

Last edited:
•••
. Unlike some around here who think I'm ego fed and so content of what I've achieved.

just:
so what

all the best to you

•••
Interesting thread. Could you get into detail about that big change, 25000 to 7400 and even less domains soon? Did you believe that domaininig is mostly a numbers game? What was your mindset to have such a big portfolio especially today that quality domains are so hard to find? Could you also share some weird sales if any? The sales you are sharing here are decent domains.
Wow, lots of questions! Didn't know if anyone else will wanna ask something. Anyway, answers:

- Could you get into detail about that big change, 25000 to 7400 and even less domains soon? > Nothing unusual. It is common for domainers to trim their portfolios from time to time and keep as small as possible. This helps with management and also to increase overall ROI. You just get more time to focus on the better ones.

I recall even Mike Mann (if I'm not mistaken) dropped like 100k names about a couple years ago.

I had a lot of co, net, org, and especially xyz. These didn't perform well so I decided to let them go and focus on .COM from now on.

- What was your mindset to have such a big portfolio especially today that quality domains are so hard to find? > I have more volume than many others here on NP. I can find lots of names in the middle market (4-fig low to mid range). Was doing a volume based domaining mostly.

Now I'm focusing on less volume, more quality. I'm even passing on perfectly valid $2k+ retail value domains daily, for the sole reason I focus on certain niches and don't want to grow my portfolio too much.

Will spend more on buys in the future, auctions but also hopefully some targeted private buys.

- Could you also share some weird sales if any? The sales you are sharing here are decent domains. > I don't have weird sales... I think. Probably the weirdest name ever was backoffbuddy (dot com) which I sold for $100, part of a test tier, years ago . Later I got out of 3-words completely.

Last edited:
•••
bahaha co a fluke and xyz to stay... I cant believe u have nerve to claim u kown something about domains.. parhetic
I wish you were better lol

•••
Twiki, with regards to your suggestion for xxxx pricing during this period, I would say that one domainer's selling trends can't express the whole. There are thousands of domainers and I'm sure a lot of them still sell at xxx range.
We could draw some conclusions if we had the selling trends of 100 domainers, let's say, over months.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks @twiki for sharing your inputs and the sales reports.

1. Do you park your domains? If so which platform?
2. Do you use your own landing pages?
3. Do you invest in hyphenated domains?
1. I point everything at Afternic (NS5/NS6, the GoDaddy sales lander). I'm not interested in parking revenue and don't have any. I focus on sales.

2. Yes, I do have my own landers but after extensive testing I've decided to use Afternic only (brings me best results). For some unknown reason, Dan and others never truly worked for me. So I dont' use my own landers anymore. Afternic is simple to use.

3. No I don't buy hyphenated or numeric domains. These are lower $, lower sales ratio so it's not worth it. Occasional high sales occur out there, but I don't see these as a great investment line.

Last edited:
•••
That's a good point regarding the phone number. I never had a big enough portfolio to experiment. Do you mind me asking, what is your STR? (I know you probably don't have an exact number).
STR is the most useless parameter when you're looking at anything else but your own portfolio.

I'm going to tell you, with notes as to why it is so irrelevant. It depends on too many things.

I used to have STR of 6-8% in the past, but I was barely making anything in profit / ROI. Most of my sales where xxx range (until quite recently I must say). I've been a volume/discount domainer for long, and that had it's own advantages such as learning a lot of niches and domain types. But it's past now.

Today, I probably have around 1.5% STR (varies). But I am at 100% ROI and expecting to go quite higher in the next 12 months. This is because I only sell full retail right now and things are different, also portfolio has changed and improved.

( Edit: By 100% ROI I mean costs vs. profit. If I spend say 100k in domains per year in renewals, buys, yearly cost overall, then I also currently have more than $200k in sales with at least an $100k profit. Forward stats show that I can double or triple that though within a year's time unless something major happens in this market. )

Last edited:
•••
you are starting to lose my respect

well if I lose yours then u lose mine.. what did u think that we have to like all the Same people... give me a break... u either give advice here or u talk 5mins about how people put u on pedestal and how they should not do it... i mean who the hell cares if someone emails u to put u on pedestal.. ..then brag about his sales and how not slow down for him... anyway to me this dude is on ego trip.. but like I said we all welcome to develop any opinion about people.. people have one of me too.. its life.

Last edited:
•••
Hi twiki, can you talk about the process of closing your SH account?

Did you remove your names abruptly or did you give them notice in order to keep the account in good standing? If the later, how much notice did they require?

I'm also curious as to why you closed your SH account. I assume its because they don't sell enough names to justify the 30% commission, but I'd love to hear more.

It seems that they have too low of standards for acceptance and thus their marketplace is now full of junk names. I like the concept though, and I wish it worked better.

I'm also planning to close my SquadHelp account, but I do like buying domains via their wholesale marketplace so its worth a very small amount to me to keep the account in good standing. But I'm not prepared to jump through a lot of hoops to keep it, so I wondered what your experience leaving the platform has been like.

Thank you for doing this AMA. You've been very generous with your time both to myself and others, and I deeply appreciate it.

(PS: doesn't it seem weird to you that a brandable domain marketplace is using such a crappy domain as SquadHelp.com?)

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back