IT.COM

Here is my domaining story - Ask me your questions.

NameSilo
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I've been having a great success in domaining ever since I started, already made 6 figs profit this year and had been doing great previously as well.

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I have had a great knack for everything related to technology etc, been playing games and using computers since I was 2 years old. I'm also lucky enough to belong to a well previliged family, studying in one of the best schools and colleges in my country.

Anyways, let's start off with my domaining story. I have been more into flipping ever since I began. The first domain that I sold was HoustonSwimSchool.com, bought for $10, sold for $320. I've sold many many geo domains since then and owing to this, I moved on forward with bigger domains. Domaining.com, DomainSherpa.com, Namepros.com and other domaining related websties were my daily dose of information and they helped me quite alot. I remember waiting eagerly for every DomainSherpa.com interview.

Some of the domains that I sold:

4 and 5 figs sales (sold every domain for profit except for 1 as I recall ):

few sales include(all of them are flips except for 1 or two):

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer.

I have also made profit in geo domains usually sold 3/5 that I bought for low- high 2 figs and sold them for $200-$500.

And guys I DO NOT OWN A PORTFOLIO. I have been more of a flipper but now I'm thinking to build a portfolio since I have enough funds. You can make a living just through flipping domains.

And yes, I would love to answer any questions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats! Sounds really amazing and interesting to hear that it is possible to make a living from domain flipping. Inspired in many perspectives, thank you for sharing!

Wish you the best of luck in this continuous journey of flipping the territories on the internet ;)!

•••
I am inspired by your story. I started domaining this year, I am yet to make a sale, I have been trying my hands on Geo domains picked from expireddomains.net. Hopefully, soon I will have a good domaining story to tell.

Wow, I started this year too, yet to make one sale and also trying my hands on Geo domains. The difference is just that mine are hand registered.
My Question is which do you think is better? Hand-registered domains or picking from expireddomains.net? And please do you select from expireddomains.net.

I'll really appreciate a response from you.

•••
PapaTama said:
When you send outbound sales, how do you know that he is a potential buyer?

Well I don't really do much outbound other than geo domains ones. I just google the keywords of the domain and start contacting potential businesses.
What is the best way to appraise a domain name? I know it always comes down to "it is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it", but is there a reliable source that would get you in the ballpark?
Well I would recommend you to learn the filters at expireddomains.net, they are awesome. Also you can check comparable similar sales etc.

Lollyb said:
Wow, I started this year too, yet to make one sale and also trying my hands on Geo domains. The difference is just that mine are hand registered.
My Question is which do you think is better? Hand-registered domains or picking from expireddomains.net? And please do you select from expireddomains.net.

I'll really appreciate a response from you.

I don't think you should handreg unless you find good ones. My first sale was a handreg but i very rarely handreg domains since they get caught up by dropcatchers hugedomains etc anyways.

•••
I just google the keywords of the domain and start contacting potential businesses.
I did it and no one replied. also considered spam because too many send the same email. so we just gambling. hoping to find a potential buyer, and most likely he is not interested in buying it.

•••
I did it and no one replied. also considered spam because too many send the same email. so we just gambling. hoping to find a potential buyer, and most likely he is not interested in buying it.
pm me the domain. just send 20-30 highly targetted emails.

•••
Thanks so much for this, I really do appreciate. But you did not answer my second question.

How do you use expireddomain.net to get good domains?

When I visit, I just see so many expired available domains that look good but I get confused selecting good ones. Although I think I love the Geos for now. Please help,thanks.

•••
•••
•••
Really inspiring! Thanks for ur message :)

•••
Hi it's not a good idea to sit on just 1 domain unless you own hundreds or thousands. The best option is to sell a domain and buy 3 similar domains which have a better chance of selling for more.
@NetworkPearl You've done great, congratulations!

You have the classic autodidact traits, Whatever you do next domains or otherwise. I'd like to buy a small to medium stake of the action

Last edited:
•••
I have been more into flipping ever since I began.
And guys I DO NOT OWN A PORTFOLIO. I have been more of a flipper but now I'm thinking to build a portfolio since I have enough funds. You can make a living just through flipping domains.

How exactly do you do flipping.
For example can it be like this: You secure buyer side and seller side of a sale simultaneously.

For a normal person it can be difficult to do , but for a Sedo or Afternic employee it can be easy:
get an offer, don't show it to the seller, only show 10 percent, and so on..
Or get an offer, buy at another marketplace first,.. and if the buyer does't pay, you don't pay either, so there is no risk.

Or is it like: This domain has value so I try to buy it cheap from the current owner if possible, and then wait.
But your waiting period is too short.

A domain doesn't sell for 10 years, but it will sell after 10 years plus 1 week, and just before it sells, you buy it first.. Without having insider info how can such a thing be possible.

Last edited:
•••
How exactly do you do flipping.
For example can it be like this: You secure buyer side and seller side of a sale simultaneously.

For a normal person it can be difficult to do , but for a Sedo or Afternic employee it can be easy:
get an offer, don't show it to the seller, only show 10 percent, and so on..
Or get an offer, buy at another marketplace first,.. and if the buyer does't pay, you don't pay either, so there is no risk.

Or is it like: This domain has value so I try to buy it cheap from the current owner if possible, and then wait.
But your waiting period is too short.

A domain doesn't sell for 10 years, but it will sell after 10 years plus 1 week, and just before it sells, you buy it first.. Without having insider info how can such a thing be possible.
I don’t sell domains that I don’t own. I would first reach out to the owner and purchase the domain below wholesale value so I don’t lose money at all Of course I would have know it’s wholesale and retail value to do this. I would then sell it at Godaddy Auctions etc so it depends, because of this very little of my sales have been to endusers

•••
@NetworkPearl I have to say Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience. Inspiring story. As someone said it previously it's never to late for anything, the main characteristics of people like you having sucess in one field is perseverance, having the right mindset and an developed tested strategy that works.

I'll keep reading, learning and testing... :xf.smile:

•••
Thanks for sharing your story!

What is your "buy thru rate" when contacting domain owners directly? I mean bought / contacted ratio.

Also would be interesting to know response rate, I mean responded / contacted.

•••
•••
Congratulations on your success and sharing your story with us.

Keep up the success and good luck going forward.

Last edited:
•••
Im new to this. Is there a guideline you have for getting started to begin flipping domains?

•••
•••
•••
Congratulations on your success and sharing your story with us.

Keep up the success and good luck going forward.
Im new to this. Is there a guideline you have for getting started to begin flipping domains?
well it all comes down to knowledge and expertise. Read the forum regularly, domaining.com, domainsherpa.com, google etc.use expireddomains.net for domain related business and learn what each filter stand for.

•••
•••
Hi,

I've been having a great success in domaining ever since I started, already made 6 figs profit this year and had been doing great previously as well.

My domaining journey started about 4 years ago when I was 16-17 years old. I have had a great knack for everything related to technology etc, been playing games and using computers since I was 2 years old. I'm also lucky enough to belong to a well previliged family, studying in one of the best schools and colleges in my country.

Anyways, let's start off with my domaining story. I have been more into flipping ever since I began. The first domain that I sold was HoustonSwimSchool.com, bought for $10, sold for $320. I've sold many many geo domains since then and owing to this, I moved on forward with bigger domains. Domaining.com, DomainSherpa.com, Namepros.com and other domaining related websties were my daily dose of information and they helped me quite alot. I remember waiting eagerly for every DomainSherpa.com interview.

Some of the domains that I sold:

4 and 5 figs sales (sold every domain for profit except for 1 as I recall ):

few sales include(all of them are flips except for 1 or two):

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer.

I have also made profit in geo domains usually sold 3/5 that I bought for low- high 2 figs and sold them for $200-$500.

Hi!

I find this post inspiring.
I've seen you strike most of the deals via auctions and also private deals. Do these private deals include making offers on domains you see at expireddomains.net?

Thanks.-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back