Dynadot

HELP Please. Domains hijacked, called in said you have to email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Thank you for reading and any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated. I apologize if posted in wrong section.

I got email saying domain name change of registration pending. I was supposed to have a lock on my account from years ago when this happened before. I call in ASAP and while on hold 4 more emails come on on more LLLL.com

The lady on phone tells me her plan book says there is nothing she can do. I GO WHAT? she puts me on hold to read all the alerts she says she is seeing. Comes back and says you need to email [email protected] and wait.

I GO WHAT? You are telling me phone support cant lock an account while the theft is in progress. She says no. Only email. I go that is crazy I want a supervisor. She goes they are all in meetings. Really at 1 am. As I am about to go off she says hold on. Comes back says nothing she can do. I go, so I am being hijacked and I want the lock back on that was supposed to be there back on. Well there was no lock and I cant put one.
So they can just steal the names and you cant do anything to protect my account. NOPE

I changed my pw, added 2 step and sent the email. I login to my account and the 5 domains are gone.

Crazy part is for the last few days i have gotten emails from korea wanting to buy these.

Anyone know what else to do?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact @Joe Styler her will definitely help here.
Sorry you lost your domains.

•••
is that username on here or twitter
guessing the her was here lol

i emailed him on here
thanks

•••
hope you get this all sorted specially with valuable names like that. i don't get how someone can hijack your domain though. wouldn't they have to have your account number & password for godaddy to get in & push/transfer any domains out of your account?

•••
exactly
they were locked too
i used to have domain rep and last time had issue called him and was VIP, today I was a scrub and i was truly amazed how bad the cust service was and how they couldnt stop or even lock account.

the domains are gone, but got email saying request to transfer was made bu blah email and he proved it was valid. I havent been on the forums in years to even know if this is common and saw one thread there was a bug in there system to allow this, but didnt read the whole thing cuz i was fuming mad.

•••
thats really bad and they should have been able to prevent it once you had reported it. i'm with GD mainly too boo so hope i never get stung like that. is there no way of you getting them back or even refunded the money it cost you to buy them?

•••
no reply from godaddy
found a few premier reps emails and reply was, oh just email undo@ which wasnt the email given by phone support.

Love to know how 5 domains were stolen within hour and it was reported in real time and still nothing is being done.

•••
Look like there was some issue with site in early morning today as i was not able to get 2 step varification code and lost few auctions.
But will has to check my names to make sure i have not lost any in this glitch.

•••
Godaddy experience was horrible. If your not vip your a scrub and seems they dont care. I deff need to get on here and find a new reg that cares about domainers.

Being told nothing I can do and just send email isn't a good feeling of trust in a biz
Thanks for your reply.

•••
Do you know who/where it was transferred? This week, a guy in Kuwait attempted to hijack 2 of my .INFOs from/to different registrars. (None of which were at GoDaddy)

•••
By the way i m vip and has premier service still they was not able to block my 2 step verification and able give me access so i lost few names but that is ok may be i saved few bucks today.

Last edited:
•••
it sucks big time mate - feel really sorry for you

•••
UPDATE
Got email in my spam, didnt see it till end of day.
Godaddy will restore the domains, but need to create a new account.

Looks like I will get them back and now waiting for an explanation how this happened.

•••
Yup i will never Use Go Daddy Ever in my life due to your experiences thanks for sharing
Namecheap seems to be more reliable and easy to deal with plus they offer customer service chat for everything

im glad your getting your domains back A++++

•••
Happy you're getting your domains back.

Fuuuuuuuuck GoDaddy.

•••
We do our best to keep names secure and I am sorry to hear that the agent you spoke with wasn't able to help, that is surprising to me. I did what I could to help the department that handles these things once you alerted me and I am glad other people on the forum sent you my way. I am really happy you have the domains back and I would put 2FA on all your accounts including email accounts.

•••
Back