IT.COM

Help me to use GoDaddy

NameSilo
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
for .com domains only:

what is the best and cheapest way to use godaddy as a registrar?
( transfer and hand reg)

is it recommended to use godaddy?

does using godaddy give you a benefit when it comes
domains sales?

what are the disadantages when you use godaddy?

is there a way to not have a 60 days lock for transfers at godaddy?

@Joe Styler
@Paul Nicks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm over 18 years old
so I want to decide myself what others can see
Hopefully you'll be able to opt-out then. All depends on European Commission... As far as I remember, the registrar in question (GoDaddy) has or had some procedure to enable old-fashioned full whois, with real email and phone. It was developed after the current short whois appeared.

•••
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the GD Discount Club prices in US dollars? Every way I try removing the .ca it fills into URL it seems to revert to Canadian dollars. I simply ask because I wanted to do comparison with other pricing, but would prefer the US dollars for that. Thanks.
Bob
Scroll down the page.
USD.JPG

•••
the only registrar that allowed me to generate auth codes for expired .com
is GoDaddy

neither epik nor namesilo nor dyndat do that
NetSol gives you codes for expires as well.

•••
The other thing to bear in mind, if applicable is the potential end user. In my limited opinion I would state that more people (I was born in England but live in Ireland) have heard of GD and as a consequence they would automatically have more trust and confidence when having any dealings with this company as opposed to some of the others, some of which they would never have heard of.

Obviously, this perception may change depending on which country you are located.

My my own experience I have been with GD for about 10 years for websites and 1 year for domain investing and I have only had one technical query that was resolved first time in a 20 minute phone call.

I have my portfolio marketplace at Efty and it is straightforward to point the DNS away from GD and only takes about one minute. However, with some of the non .coms you also have to type in the IP address too on the GD page and once you've done this for the first time (type "command prompt" in your pc or laptop search box and when it appears type "ping" and the new DNS address i.e. "ns1.eftydns.com" and this will return the IP address.

Overall, I am more than happy with the GD service so far. I am considering joining the discount club and also listing my domains at Afternic so can't comment on that at this time.

•••
Also, I rarely use email or phone customer service with GD.
I do everything through live chat, even on sundays.
Day and night, including refunds for purchases.
You have phone support in any language.
godaddy.com/contact-us

Hard to beat.

•••

Also the go daddy appraisal tool will not show in your control panel unless you select USA as your language.

If you set language to canada the appraisal tool disappears in the control panel.

This is separate from the currency setting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back