IT.COM

Resolved

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ali

Top Member
Starfire Holdings
Impact
I no longer have access to my Uniregistry dashboard after @GoDaddy ridiculously decided to shut off Uni access. What's worse is they are using an old email address (even after I switched my admin email on Uni) for my new GD account and GD phone support has been zero help.

Now I have bunch of domains I cannot access or renew.

Any premiere reps in here? Anyone at GoDaddy? Can't get seem to get a hold of Amy John or Joe Styler.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
You might get help from them quicker by writing to [email protected] an address James Iles gave us.

•••
•••
They phased out the brand.
What did you expect to happen?
You’re a “Pro” highest honor there is; but you kept your domains with a dead brand.

Good luck, mate; if anything; this taught me not to keep my domains with zombie registrars; You cant even sign up for Uni now! email situation adds a new wrinkle; i will try to @Joe Styler so it can somehow put him on record if he doesnt reply even though he is a very important, too! I like Joe #2 after James.

Dream Team; these are good people;
this should get resolved;
but there is no reviving Uni from the dead (sadly)

Edited post to try sound more empathetic to PRO user (best there is) seemingly easy fix by adding “@“ Joe Styler but i expect nothing, but have to “@“ if emails dont work. I genuinely wish you best of luck; pls update us, @Ali SIR!

Last edited:
•••
They phased out the brand.
What did you expect to happen?
You’re a “Pro” highest honor there is; but you kept your domains with a dead brand.

Good luck, mate; if anything; this taught me not to keep my domains with zombie registrars; You cant even sign up for Uni now! email situation adds a new wrinkle; i will try to @Joe Styler so it can somehow put him on record if he doesnt reply even though he is a very important, too! I like Joe #2 after James.

Dream Team; these are good people;
this should get resolved;
but there is no reviving Uni from the dead (sadly)

Edited post to try sound more empathetic to PRO user (best there is) seemingly easy fix by adding “@“ Joe Styler but i expect nothing, but have to “@“ if emails dont work. I genuinely wish you best of luck; pls update us, @Ali SIR!
Life happens. I don't buy/sell domains actively anymore, moved on a long time ago but still have a bunch of assets. I figured the buy out would eventually happen as it did, didn't think they'd completely shut down Uni though, that dashboard is far superior to anything else I've used in the space. I would have hoped they'd at least leave the dashboard up for the current users, and I didn't get any notice or anything, no pop ups in the dashboard "hey you have 30 days to figure your stuff out" just woke up one day went to change nameservers on a domain and bam, dead dashboard with a forced move. Could have been a smoother more user first maneuver, but we all have opinions, I ain't the one running GD. It is what it is, just want access so I can go back to not worrying about (and using my business) domains.

•••
Hey Ali!
I’ll respond to your DM now. It’ll be nice to chat again after a while!

Regarding Uni, there were regular emails sent out, along with a couple of blog posts and a few other things. I’m sorry you missed those but we’ll get you sorted.

•••
Hey Ali!
I’ll respond to your DM now. It’ll be nice to chat again after a while!

Regarding Uni, there were regular emails sent out, along with a couple of blog posts and a few other things. I’m sorry you missed those but we’ll get you sorted.
Legend, thank you!

Probably didn't get the emails because the old admin email was being used. 😓 All g, appreciate any and all help.

•••
Back