IT.COM

Hello! I am Slashangel and I hope to sell at least 1 domain!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Slashangel

Impact
I started buying and selling domains a couple of months ago and tried to sell them with GoDaddy auctions (7 days) without any success. I have 20 dot com domains. The average price is $250. I am a bit sad 😭

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome. One problem with GoDaddy 7 day auctions is that unless you get a couple bids or it's a popular domain with a lot of watchers, you won't get a lot of views.

We'd have to see your domains to comment more. You can try the appraisal section as well.

•••
Ok, thank you. I will do it as soon as I can! 👍

•••
I started buying and selling domains a couple of months ago and tried to sell them with GoDaddy auctions (7 days) without any success. I have 20 dot com domains. The average price is $250. I am a bit sad 😭

look no newbie sells anything.. everyone with sales spent first 1000hours learning bout domains. quit now if u think u dont have 1000 hours min. gl

•••
Welcome, don't sell at GD auctions, set up a lander page.

•••
You definitely can sell a domain, but if you search this forum you'll learn how to sell those domains.. Starting to think the domains sell itself..

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Domaining is more of a marathon than a race. Buy/register the best names you can afford and be prepared to hold for a period of time (years possibly).

•••
I show you some of my domains here. At the moment I am not searching for an appraisal for every single one of them but I just want to understand if I am losing my time or if I have something "useful". In that case, I will go deeper into the understanding of how to appraise and sell them.
Please be honest, if you think that is all s**t, I am ok with that! (y)

bidlawyers.com
businesscoupled.com
carsgp.com
dubaien.com
dubaivu.com
fiagames.com
hnconsultant.com
insuranceshoes.com
internethousing.com
matchupsports.co
motorcyclelawyersc.com
omintv.com
racing2.com
s3crypto.com
salesconsultantsllc.com
sellearth.com
socialmediaconsultantz.com
theilia.com
whiteclassifieds.com
fitness.vin
capitalistcommandments.com

Last edited:
•••
I show you some of my domains here. At the moment I am not searching for an appraisal for every single one of them but I just want to understand if I am losing my time or if I have something "useful". In that case, I will go deeper into the understanding of how to appraise and sell them.

bidlawyers.com
businesscoupled.com
carsgp.com
dubaien.com
dubaivu.com
fiagames.com
hnconsultant.com
insuranceshoes.com
internethousing.com
matchupsports.co
motorcyclelawyersc.com
omintv.com
racing2.com
s3crypto.com
salesconsultantsllc.com
sellearth.com
theilia.com
whiteclassifieds.com
fitness.vin
I havent been domaining for long, but what I do know (now!) is that the domains have to make sense in English and be in the right word order. So business coupled, as far as I can see doesnt make sense or mean anything.

•••
I havent been domaining for long, but what I do know (now!) is that the domains have to make sense in English and be in the right word order. So business coupled, as far as I can see doesnt make sense or mean anything.
That's a good advise. Thank you.

•••
Best wishes for your next good sell

•••
Patience is our friend when it comes to domain selling. No worries, you'll sell in no time! Best of luck!

•••
Patience is a key like @StartupNames said
Try to offer by mail but dont spamming

•••
Patience is a key like @StartupNames said
Try to offer by mail but dont spamming

•••

bidlawyers.com
businesscoupled.com
carsgp.com
dubaien.com
dubaivu.com
fiagames.com
hnconsultant.com
insuranceshoes.com
internethousing.com
matchupsports.co
motorcyclelawyersc.com
omintv.com
racing2.com
s3crypto.com
salesconsultantsllc.com
sellearth.com
theilia.com
whiteclassifieds.com
fitness.vin
Maybe racing2.com has some value, if racing.com has a lot of value.The others do not seem very interesting. I recommend you to use Google trends to find out the words that are popular and compare them. Choose what people search the most online.

•••
look no newbie sells anything.. everyone with sales spent first 1000hours learning bout domains. quit now if u think u dont have 1000 hours min. gl
There is no need to be so unfriendly with someone. Please mind the way you talk to people.

•••

bidlawyers.com
businesscoupled.com
carsgp.com
dubaien.com
dubaivu.com
fiagames.com
hnconsultant.com
insuranceshoes.com
internethousing.com
matchupsports.co
motorcyclelawyersc.com
omintv.com
racing2.com
s3crypto.com
salesconsultantsllc.com
sellearth.com
theilia.com
whiteclassifieds.com
fitness.vin
I will be brutally honest here, I don't think any of these domains are really worth much of anything except for carsgp.com.

Some examples:
bidlawyers.com - I've never heard of a bid lawyer
businesscoupled.com - I don't know what this means, maybe something about businesses merging but if it's not obvious to me then it probably won't be obvious to others
carsgp.com (I think could have some value for being short and specific about the topic of GP Cars. Google shows GPCars4Sale.com as the top result, looks like they have a business. Hard to price this but I would very tentatively give a very rough unofficial appraisal here of ~$1200, to the right buyer of course, no idea how big the "GP Cars" market is or how common it is to call them "grand prix" cars (grand prix is also the name of a model of car so this confuses the research a bit, don't want to spend much time on it))
dubaien.com - could be some kind of english speaking translation service or something in Dubai, but something like that probably has lots of names to choose from
fiagames.com - what is 'fia'?
hnconsultant.com - what is 'hn'?
insuranceshoes.com - what does insurance have to do with shoes?
internethousing.com - what is internet housing?
motorcyclelawyersc.com- what is a motorcycle lawyer?
omintv.com - what is omin?
racing2.com - numbers usually aren't great unless they mean something (like "flowers2u")
s3crypto.com - S3 is for storage, nothing to do with crypto. Nobody would want to store crypto (keys or whatever) on S3 imo
salesconsultantsllc.com - could be good, if you get really lucky and someone calls themselves that name. The "LLC" limits the use because if my company is names "Wowza LLC" and we do "Sales Consulting", I wouldn't ever call myself "Sales Consultants LLC" because that's not the name of my LLC
sellearth.com - not usually how people describe land sales, but if you built a domain on it it might be okay for that (only valuable if you build it yourself imo, but are you in the domain business or the property business?)
socialmediaconsultantz.com - 3 words is not ideal, but then adding the z instead of the s makes it just a bit too unlikely for my taste (not impossible, but also not likely, that it will sell for a profit)
theilia.com - What is "the ilia", or is this meant to be an unusual name?
whiteclassifieds.com - "white" doesn't really have anything to do with classifieds, so unless it's a racist thing then "white" is just the name for some classifieds service/website, and really you could use any of a thousand words in its place for that
fitness.vin - the tld "vin" is meant to mean wine (in french), very little connection imo between the two (though maybe you start a business where rich housewives come and hit the exercise bike for 10m and do a wine tasting afterward, I think that could actually be a realistic business model, but I don't think the name has value).
capitalistcommandments.com - just too specific; by itself doesn't really imply any kind of business. Maybe for an information site about business strategies, but the name being more "brand-like" and less descriptive of the topic the site would relate to sort of makes it unfavorable for that, because nobody's going to be like "hey let me head on over to Capitalist Commandments and grab the latest business strategies". Something like that (IMO, someone educate me if I'm wrong) mostly is about hoping someone punches the right keywords into Google and Google gives your site extra weight because the keywords match and the article was about a specific topic the user was searching for. But nobody is going to type "capitalist commandments" into Google because that's not already a thing and people are more likely to google for business tips on a certain topic than to go to a business tips site and browse around for the specific info they are looking for.

It's never good to use a random abbreviation or short made-up word with other high value keywords in the hope that the abbreviation or made-up word will some day mean something somewhere. It's a losing game because you're paying money ever year for something that currently really has no value.

For most of these names it's not that nobody could ever want the name, but more that you're coming from a place of hopefulness that (a) someone will want the name (b) bad enough to pay you a premium that makes up for all the money you put into it, while (c) also covering your expenses for other names you are holding that may never sell. That's a lot of hope to justify a continuous investment in a bunch of names that have no guaranteed value.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you very much for your analisys Sam!

•••
•••
•••
•••
I will be brutally honest here, I don't think any of these domains are really worth much of anything except for carsgp.com.

Some examples:
bidlawyers.com - I've never heard of a bid lawyer
businesscoupled.com - I don't know what this means, maybe something about businesses merging but if it's not obvious to me then it probably won't be obvious to others
carsgp.com (I think could have some value for being short and specific about the topic of GP Cars. Google shows GPCars4Sale.com as the top result, looks like they have a business. Hard to price this but I would very tentatively give a very rough unofficial appraisal here of ~$1200, to the right buyer of course, no idea how big the "GP Cars" market is or how common it is to call them "grand prix" cars (grand prix is also the name of a model of car so this confuses the research a bit, don't want to spend much time on it))
dubaien.com - could be some kind of english speaking translation service or something in Dubai, but something like that probably has lots of names to choose from
fiagames.com - what is 'fia'?
hnconsultant.com - what is 'hn'?
insuranceshoes.com - what does insurance have to do with shoes?
internethousing.com - what is internet housing?
motorcyclelawyersc.com- what is a motorcycle lawyer?
omintv.com - what is omin?
racing2.com - numbers usually aren't great unless they mean something (like "flowers2u")
s3crypto.com - S3 is for storage, nothing to do with crypto. Nobody would want to store crypto (keys or whatever) on S3 imo
salesconsultantsllc.com - could be good, if you get really lucky and someone calls themselves that name. The "LLC" limits the use because if my company is names "Wowza LLC" and we do "Sales Consulting", I wouldn't ever call myself "Sales Consultants LLC" because that's not the name of my LLC
sellearth.com - not usually how people describe land sales, but if you built a domain on it it might be okay for that (only valuable if you build it yourself imo, but are you in the domain business or the property business?)
socialmediaconsultantz.com - 3 words is not ideal, but then adding the z instead of the s makes it just a bit too unlikely for my taste (not impossible, but also not likely, that it will sell for a profit)
theilia.com - What is "the ilia", or is this meant to be an unusual name?
whiteclassifieds.com - "white" doesn't really have anything to do with classifieds, so unless it's a racist thing then "white" is just the name for some classifieds service/website, and really you could use any of a thousand words in its place for that
fitness.vin - the tld "vin" is meant to mean wine (in french), very little connection imo between the two (though maybe you start a business where rich housewives come and hit the exercise bike for 10m and do a wine tasting afterward, I think that could actually be a realistic business model, but I don't think the name has value).
capitalistcommandments.com - just too specific; by itself doesn't really imply any kind of business. Maybe for an information site about business strategies, but the name being more "brand-like" and less descriptive of the topic the site would relate to sort of makes it unfavorable for that, because nobody's going to be like "hey let me head on over to Capitalist Commandments and grab the latest business strategies". Something like that (IMO, someone educate me if I'm wrong) mostly is about hoping someone punches the right keywords into Google and Google gives your site extra weight because the keywords match and the article was about a specific topic the user was searching for. But nobody is going to type "capitalist commandments" into Google because that's not already a thing and people are more likely to google for business tips on a certain topic than to go to a business tips site and browse around for the specific info they are looking for.

It's never good to use a random abbreviation or short made-up word with other high value keywords in the hope that the abbreviation or made-up word will some day mean something somewhere. It's a losing game because you're paying money ever year for something that currently really has no value.

For most of these names it's not that nobody could ever want the name, but more that you're coming from a place of hopefulness that (a) someone will want the name (b) bad enough to pay you a premium that makes up for all the money you put into it, while (c) also covering your expenses for other names you are holding that may never sell. That's a lot of hope to justify a continuous investment in a bunch of names that have no guaranteed value.
Thank you. You answered a few questions lingering in my mind for quite sometime.

•••

cartoon-military-general-salute.jpg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back