Dynadot

Hello from Canada ~ I'm new here

NameSilo
Watch

Tammy M

Established Member
Impact
Hello everyone,
I'm Tammy Mitchell, I live in BC, Canada.

I'm not actually a Domainer... I am a part time website designer and I host websites on the side, my day job is with the railroad.

I do have about 4 or 5 domain names kicking around, that I'm not using anymore, so I started to look at selling them. I almost listed one on Flippa yesterday, but thought I should learn more about it first.

I'm most interested in figuring out what my domain names might be worth, and where I can list and sell them at a reasonable cost. I also need to learn more about accepting money for the transaction. My first thought was to accept payment via my paypal account. I see other options, like escrow, and wonder if that's the way to go or not.

I don't think I'll end up being a more active Domainer after my domain names sell, however you never know, I do fancy real estate - and this seems to be similar.

What was your first domain you purchased?
The first domain I purchased was quite a while ago, I still have it and this is one that I'm thinking of selling.. ActingWild.com. It was first used as a communication site for teens, but has not been used in years.

This looks like the kind of community I need right now, glad to have found you all.
Thank you
Tammy M

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Rammy, welcome to NP. As mentioned start with paypal for low sales. Selling can be several options : Flippa (pay), Sedo, Godaddy .. etc.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hi Tammy, welcome to The Club! :cigar:

Nice intro. Good luck selling your domains. ActingWild.com sounds like a winner (y)

Last but not least, watch out! Domaining is addicting in the extreme! :xf.wink:

Thank you, I do have some real estate, not for flipping, but for investment... I seem to be getting a bit of a bug on this selling or even flipping domain names. I can see how it could be addicting. I guess I'm fearful that I don't know enough about it to even start. The idea of selling domain names seemed to go from a simple task, to something quite complex, after all I do want to sell the ones I have for a good price. Learning the value of names is something I'm interested in.

•••
Welcome to NP! It's always great to see more Canadians joining the forum, greetings from the capital :)

Greetings, and thank you!

•••
Welcome! Lots of us in BC, always glad to welcome another!

You will be addicted to domains in no time!

I'm starting to think that may become true.

•••
•••
•••
Hello @Tammy M !!

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
Welcome Tammy to NP, Good to see another BC member. I live on VI:xf.cool:

•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome...lots of nice people and good information here...as someone else said long ago..."caution...domaining can be addictive"

•••
•••
Welcome...lots of nice people and good information here...as someone else said long ago..."caution...domaining can be addictive"

Thank you,
I think it can be, feelin' it! Tell me, how did you get started here?
Tammy

•••
how did you get started here?

Started just reading many years ago and never bothered to get a user name...got official a couple of years ago but lost/forgot info and email was hacked about same time so when I started lurking again about a year ago, decided to go legit and get a name I could remember and wrote it down...now that phone books are a thing of the past, now I feel like somebody again!!! :xf.smile:

•••
Welcome to the best community forum:xf.smile::xf.smile::xf.smile:

•••
g'day Tammy and welcome to NamePros

Cheers
Corey

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back