IT.COM

tips Health And Wellness Tips For Being a Better Domainer!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
We are constantly looking for new tools to help us with domaining, but most people don’t realize that the most important tool that we have that can help us become better domainers is our own Brain.

Many domainers put in countless number of hours in searching for domains, managing their portfolios, working on development, making sales landers and marketplace listings, working on SEO and optimizations, doing outbound (contacting end users), researching new trends, and just hanging around the forum or the blogs. Doing all these over a span of time can bring one’s mind and body to the point of exhaustion unless of course you know how to take care of yourself by having the right diet and getting adequate exercise and rest so that you can be most active and productive without wearing yourself out.

In addition to keeping yourself healthy you also have to give your Brain enough fuel and energy so that it can work at its optimal levels.

Having the right diet is of outmost importance in keeping your body and mind healthy and active. It’s also important to know what things can be harmful to your body and mind and that can cause you to become less productive. There are many articles and books written on this subject which you can find through google, but here are a few health tips that might be worth paying attention to:

Try eating a variety of foods that include fresh fruits and vegetables and specially those that are considered to be Super Foods (you can google it to learn more about them).

Avoid excessive use of Alcohol and avoid using strong and addictive chemicals and substances that can kill your brain cells or that can have other serious side effects.

Try to get enough exercise everyday and take frequent breaks while working as sitting down for long periods of time can have adverse effects on your circulation and muscles. Try working standing up whenever you can in between.

Be sure to get enough rest that includes a few hours of deep sleep, your body requires deep sleep to recuperate from your daily activities otherwise the exhaustion can build up day by day and cause fatigue over time.

Make sure you give your eyes frequent breaks from staring at the screen all day, even if you look at a far away distance or close your eyes for a few minutes occasionally it will help to relieve the pressure off your eyes. Of course it’s a good idea to get a yearly check up and make sure that you are wearing the right glasses or contact lenses if you are using those.

Avoid hunching over when using your computer or phone, if you are not careful this can cause problems over time. Make sure your back is straight when sitting down.

Avoid doing repetitive motions with your hands and fingers all day long by texting and typing and make sure your wrists are not under pressure from the keyboard as over time these can cause carpal tunnel syndrome or tendinitis which can make your hands go numb and tingle.

Get your yearly check up with your doctor to make sure that everything is okay, learn how to read your blood test results so that you can be aware of anything that is abnormal, most often your doctor might not be concerned if things are within the normal range even if they fall at the minimum acceptable levels, but you have to let your doctor know that you like to keep your body and mind at their optimal levels by making sure that you don’t have any vitamin or other deficiencies.

IMO

You are welcomed to share any health tips that can help others become better domainers.

Important:

Always consult with your doctor or a medical professional about all matters concerning your health.

Thread Rules:

Everyone’s opinions, tips, and analysis are welcomed, but keep your comments constructive, professional, and on topic. Personal attacks and belittling of others are not tolerated. If you provide any stats or info concerning this topic or anything else that pertains to this thread be sure that they are factual and please indicate the source, otherwise if it's just your opinion then put IMO at the end of your post. (In My Opinion)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I exercise at least 6 days a week.

I also aim for 10.000 steps a day

Fitness Classes I attend Spin Bike, Aqua classes

Weight training, treadmill & swimming laps.

+ 1 long walk 10 to 12 kms a week

82466147_10219595265684538_8198800085086109696_n.jpg

Cheers
Corey

•••
Many domainers put in countless number of hours in searching for domains,

Hi

I did all that years ago,
running queries thru overture tool all night and waiting for drops to drop at 11:am the next day.

my fingers used to sweat from typing so fast on the keyboard, as I added name after name to my cart

now, i'm reaping a little something back from what I sowed, and don't have to work as hard to maintain.

:)

imo...

•••
I personally have to cool my brain off after spending hours domaining, I have gone at progressively for 16 hours straight on too many occasions lol, but bringing myself down after hours is just as important as getting myself started, not doing so can cause me a great amount of insomnia,

Just regular exercise, not progressive, but walking, bike rides, swimming, stretching, I can’t emphasize stretching enough, yearly check ups with doc and keeping my mental health in check by meditation and quite time have all been very beneficial to me.

•••
Domaining should be fun, but if you find yourself under a lot of pressure and if keeping a large portfolio has become a source of frustration and agony for you because you feel like you're not getting anywhere despite all your efforts then the best way to reduce all that pressure is to downsize your portfolio to a more manageable size and try to keep a smaller number of only high quality domains that have the best potentials for sales or development. You will find that life could become a lot less stressful if you don't have to juggle hundreds or thousands of domains in your head everyday.

Although the best medicine for a domainer who feels down might be to have a five or six figure sale. There is nothing like a big domain sale to make all your blues go away. Or you could take comfort in developing some of your domains and put them to use for a good cause. Either way don't allow yourself to become enslaved to domains and domaining because life is too short and your health and happiness should always come first.

IMO

•••
What you have posted really is sound advice for any position in any profession that requires a great deal of sitting and reading and researching for many hours a day that may yield more stress than profit most days.

The same approach to maintaining one's physical and mental health in general I believe you have cleverly applied to many domainer's daily lives and existence, seated in a chair in front of a computer screen from the proverbial " sunup - to - sundown " adage.

•••
What you have posted really is sound advice for any position in any profession that requires a great deal of sitting and reading and researching for many hours a day that may yield more stress than profit most days.

The same approach to maintaining one's physical and mental health in general I believe you have cleverly applied to many domainer's daily lives and existence, seated in a chair in front of a computer screen from the proverbial " sunup - to - sundown " adage.

Thanks,

Only an Oldtimer domainer knows what other domainers are going through ;)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Domaining should be fun, but if you find yourself under a lot of pressure and if keeping a large portfolio has become a source of frustration and agony for you because you feel like you're not getting anywhere despite all your efforts then the best way to reduce all that pressure is to downsize your portfolio to a more manageable size and try to keep a smaller number of only high quality domains that have the best potentials for sales or development. You will find that life could become a lot less stressful if you don't have to juggle hundreds or thousands of domains in your head everyday.

Although the best medicine for a domainer who feels down might be to have a five or six figure sale. There is nothing like a big domain sale to make all your blues go away. Or you could take comfort in developing some of your domains and put them to use for a good cause. Either way don't allow yourself to become enslaved to domains and domaining because life is too short and your health and happiness should always come first.

IMO

I couldn’t agree with you more , your health is your wealth, you can handle a career change, lose hobbies and everything, you can replace everything and anything, but if you lose your health, you just lost all of your wealth. Nothing is worth your health.

•••
I couldn’t agree with you more , your health is your wealth, you can handle a career change, lose hobbies and everything, you can replace everything and anything, but if you lose your health, you just lost all of your wealth. Nothing is worth your health.

You are right, but unfortunately many domainers don't realize how they are getting worn out so much by long hours of domaining until it's too late, hence the fact that I made this thread to create some awareness around the subject of staying healthy as a domainer. ;)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
IMG_20200218_065006.jpg
IMG_20200218_065656~2.jpg

This is what is called the Amsler Grid which in the brochure is about a 3 inch by 3 inch square with horizontal and vertical lines and a dot in the center.

Look at the dot in the center of the top grid with only one eye from around 12 to 14 inches away (with your glasses if you use one, keep your other eye covered by your hand), you should be able to see the whole grid with all the horizontal and vertical lines being perfectly straight, but if they look wavy or if you see dark or discolored patches like it's shown in the lower picture then you need to have an eye doctor check your eyes as this could be a condition called Macular Degeneration which can lead to loss of vision.

I recommend that you get an actual Amsler Grid from your eye doctor and stick it on the wall somewhere (maybe on the refrigerator door) and look at it often so that you can notice any changes in your vision early.

There might be other conditions that could also affect your vision so it's a good idea to be seen by an eye doctor at least once a year (more often if you already have vision problems or are diabetic).

Staring at the computer screen or your smartphone all day is not very healthy, it's a good idea to give yourself frequent breaks so your eyes can get some rest in between.

This is not meant as medical advice, but to bring everyone's attention to the Amsler Grid test. You need to have an eye exam by an eye doctor to get the actual medical diagnosis and advice.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
With all the talk about Coronavirus (Covid-19) it might be a good idea to educate yourself about this virus and learn how to protect yourself from this disease.

How to protect yourself from Coronavirus (Covid-19)

World Health Organization (WHO):

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public

Here are some more helpful tips that might be surprisingly effective in containing the virus:

Keep washing your whole hands thoroughly and often by rubbing around and between fingers, wrists, and under fingernails, sneeze or cough into your sleeve and Not into your hands, avoid touching your face (eyes, mouth, ears, and nose) as much as possible, if you have to do it wash your hands both Before and After. Keep a few feet away from people who are coughing or sneezing, or who are talking loud so that microscopic droplets won't reach you through the air, you might want to wear surgical or other appropriate masks if you have to be in close proximity of people who are showing symptoms or if you don't want to take any chances when out in the public in already contaminated areas and regions. Also don't walk right behind people who are coughing or sneezing.

Also if you are showing symptoms it's best to call ahead to get some advice and instructions before you show up unexpectedly at a medical facility which might put others at risk.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back