IT.COM

Have you made any recent hyphen sales

NameSilo
Watch

ctmixing

Established Member
Impact
Hey, I see some good hyphen domains that are for available. I dont own any at the moment and these would be my first. The names dont infronge on anyones trade mark. I got some leads solid leads on these as well. I think I can close a sale on all of them. HOPEFULLY! lol

How is the market?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
you are talking about what industry ?

some countries love hyphens, some not, but i think it depends on the domain, i saw some companies that work exclusively on hyphenized domains and the normal name was free to reg...

•••
Hey, I see some good hyphen domains that are for available. I dont own any at the moment and these would be my first. The names dont infronge on anyones trade mark. I got some leads solid leads on these as well. I think I can close a sale on all of them. HOPEFULLY! lol

How is the market?
i'm buying AA-BB.com domains from 50 to $100 if anybody is interested. also AA-88.com's if anybody is interested in selling.

•••
i'm buying AA-BB.com domains from 50 to $100 if anybody is interested. also AA-88.com's if anybody is interested in selling.
I have one AB-AB chip

•••
some countries love hyphens, some not

Perhaps I'm totally mis-informed about this market. I've been involved since, as early as, 1995 and to my knowledge there has NEVER been a significant market for domains with hyphens so I have no reason to believe that this is going to change in the future except in cases where the demand grossly exceeds the supply of non-hyphenated options. I suspect that is why so many are available to register or acquire relatively cheaply.

The only exception to my above supposition being that in Germany for some reason, domains with hyphens are often used but mainly for German language domains. What are the other exceptions?

•••
Yesterday's sales on hyphen domains at Namebio:

budget-hotels.com 2,051 USD 2016-03-13 DropCatch
chocolatechip-ui.com 1,280 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
bradley-cooper.org 565 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
liberty-arts.org 306 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
firestorm-technologies.com 275 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
lead-pursuit.com 256 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
1alfa-soft.com 192 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
whose-phone-number-is-this.net 174 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy
exercice-pour-perdre-du-ventre.com 117 USD 2016-03-13 GoDaddy

Seems there are some people interested in hyphens.

•••
i have fond many hyphenated domains in France urls, the n1 ecommerce site use a hyphen there.

maybe people from other countries can give more insight.

•••
Hyphens are not so popular in the British Isles but preferred in the continent (mainland Europe). Not used at all (almost ) in the US.

Last edited:
•••
Interesting indeed. I always assumed hyphenated domains were almost worthless in most cases.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday :) Good to know I was wrong....lol

•••
They are worth their weight in gold in places like Germany and France. If you have any then get your Google translate fired up. You might be in for some:$:

•••
foumd this one

Staff-Finder.jobs

recent one startup with big M funding

•••
I'm selling quite a lot for SEO buyers.

•••
I have tv-cam.com

yes hyphens are very popular in germany!

•••
•••
•••
been selling hyphens from time to time since i started domaining.. they work mostly in service related industries/niches and for european countries, and they always tend to be sold to end users since domainers usually don't touch these.. amount usually mid xxx to low x,xxx.. highest one used to be $2,5k for a hyphen to a UK company..

anyway, i keep dropcatching these when i see a promising combo of terms..

•••
Recently sold a hyphenated keyword-vapes.com for $200. Used to sell lots of hyphenated domains back then.

•••
what is the highest hyphenated sale ?

•••
In the last few months, off the top of my head I sold the following

VR-health.com
Social-Reputation.com
HD-free.com

All mid $xxx sales

•••
Back