Dynadot

question Have you ever sold a domain more than 1k USD?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCollectors.com

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
have u ever sold a domain for 2k or 5k usd? I don't believe in most sales on Namebio, sales thread etc... I have high quality names but have never sold for 2k or 5k..

Do you believe that you can sell your name for big bycks?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Namebio repots godaddy auction sales that unpaid though ;)

You dont know what youre talking about yet. Youve come on this forum and insulted 70% of the people trying to help you, dont worry, you arent the first and wont he the last. You really don't understand domains yet and need to spend a few months reading this forum to understand the value of a domain. If people are trying help you, be grateful people take time out of their day to give free advice. Just try take little bits of advice from people and slow learn the game, its the only way to be successful when it comes to selling domains. You will learn its much easier to be nice to people if you want to stay on the forum and be a valued member. You can still disagree with people, but just be nice about it.

Warroir is a typo by the way, in most peoples eyes anyway, it doesnt pass the radio test, not easy to spell or pronounce. Search this forum for radio test if you arent sure.

Dont put the "The" on the front of your names, it very rarely works, especially when 3 words.

Stay away from hyphens as well

Dont hand register available names, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel, theyre availabe for a reason.

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
You really need to check things before making comments

Collective.space registered on 01 April 2020
hold 2 weeks and sells for 8k? c'mon!

Check the WHOIS, its just changed hands on the 7th April, did you bother looking who bought the name (Vangard Concept Offices), $8k is peanuts to big companies

Vangard Concept Offices, now simplified as VCO, started as a team of eight and grew to over 800 by the late 1990’s. VCO, previously Business Interiors (BI) then Business Resource Group (BRG), worked with some of the most innovative companies from Cisco and Polycom to Netflix and Silicon Valley Bank.
Over three decades, we have grown into the largest Teknion dealer in North America. Our custom workplace projects can be found in hundreds of offices around the world.
VCO continues to manage long term partnerships with the industry’s highest level of service.

Guys without portfolio what are you doing here? show me your names?

Now when you made the comment about networkpearl, and then someone posted this below about his/her sales, can you see what I mean about learning the industry, people in the industry and researching things before making random comments. You can learn a lot from some of these experienced domainers who make regualr sales. Just because someone doesnt have a list of premium names in their signature, doesnt mean they are not making good sales.

Smaller.com - sold for $11k, bought for $2.5k , quick flip within a month
Gali.com - sold for $25k, bought for very low 4 figs , quick flip within a few days
Grew.com - sold for $11k, brokered it for original owner, quick flip within a few days
Write.com (sold recently) - sold for $190k, rest details private
xOnline.com - sold for $5.5k, bought for $500 , quick flip within a week
Studio55.com - sold for $2k, bought for mid 3 figs , inbound offer
VisualLabs.com sold for $2.5k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
LaptopParts.com sold for around $3k, bought for mid 3 figs , flipped to reseller
ProServices.com- sold for $2.5k, bought for $1700 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
TotalBody.com sold for $4.1k, bought for $3850 , negotiated after GD auction
Soez.com - sold for $2.5k, bought for $1000 , negotiated after GD auction
Proe.com- sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction
Cacc.com - sold for MID 4 FIGS, bought for LOW 4 FIGS , Namejet auction ( same as above)
Focl.com -sold for $900, bought for mid 3 figs , sold to reseller (flip)
AiPod -sold for $1k, bought for $69 , sold through inbound offer

I just checked smaller.com it relisted for sale for 45k lol.

Of course its going to be advertised for more than they bought it for, thats what domainers do.

•••
I only sell at 10K USD or more
My domains are like me....I am easy and available but NOT CHEAP.

•••
Hi..for sales record, u can check namebio....which is a good source and, just in this forum, there is a sales report thread....check it for a sense...some people reported their sales there.(I guess it may be reflect the tip of the iceberg )....hope this help....

•••
To BrandCollectors;

Hang in there BrandCollectors....you remind me of me when i arrived at NP November 2017. I've been successfully naming and running businesses my whole life, and most of the so called "Pros" here told me that didn't make any difference and that i didn't know what I was talking about.

Just remember, you're looking to sell your domains to "end users", not other domainers. Having been an "end user" all my life, I think I know more what "end users" want more than any domainer.

Bottomline...you're smart enough, and you'll find your niche. It's taken me a few years, but now that I've partnered with a technical pro who understands my game plan, the world is our oyster.

Finally, the naysayers here on NP are my inspiration, and little do they know or understand that I don't need to sell domains for "2k or 5k" to be 10X the success they are.

•••
@BrandCollectors.com - Domain names do indeed sell regularly for over 1K, but it takes time for most new domain investors to achieve that milestone. Personally, I didn't make my first sale over 1K until I had been at this for a year and a half, but I have since made about a dozen sales between 1K and 5K since then, many others for XXX, and just recently made my first five figure sale.

Stick with it, be patient, and remember to keep an open mind and learn from others who have a proven track record. You'll get there.

•••
Yes....there are some domain name seller here...selling over $1k...but not all make

noise over their selling...

just of recent..i browse namebio...and i saw kitchendesignpros(dot)com

sell for $1500

And i own kitchendesignexpert(dot)com

i tell you..i will not sell the name less than $1k

it is possible if you have the right name..

goodluck.

•••
Yes I have, and it all depends on how you do your investments. If you can play the waiting game then you will make some sales, this is , of course, provided you dont need the money now. Certain niches require you to be patient such are pure brandables (madeup names) while others the chance to always make a sale is there. For example, the other day I hand registered a name for 3 and decided to make some outbouding, in the same day I registered I received an offer of 300 but I didnt sell because I believe the name can sell for more and has enough and possible end users. So I decided to wait.

You will need to define your domaining strategy then stick to it. Flipping vs Waiting.

•••
Started approx 2 years ago. Made my first xxxx sale 7-8 months in and I've had 8 xxxx sales total since starting out. It's down to picking the right names and having patience.

•••
Started approx 2 years ago. Made my first xxxx sale 7-8 months in and I've had 8 xxxx sales total since starting out. It's down to picking the right names and having patience.

You seem like a vet, wise beyond your years :xf.cool:

•••
have u ever sold a domain for 2k or 5k usd? I don't believe in most sales on Namebio, sales thread etc... I have high quality names but have never sold for 2k or 5k..

For how long have you been domaining?

•••
the annual sell-through rate for most domain portfolios is between 1% and 4-5%
It could rise to 10-20% if you are into outbound/geos :xf.smile:(y)

•••
domaining takes months or years to get good hang of it... its hard work and opposite to quick easy money. often domainers lose money before they start to profit.. but once you get hang of it... $1000+ sales are common. which of course does not mean that opting for strategy to sell more names for < 1000$ cannot be profitable... there can still be domainers and portofolio types which will simply be more profitable if all names are priced at say $1000 bin vs $5000 bin. meaning that for intance if priced $1000, it may yield 10k in sales per month, and priced at $5000, it may yield say 1 sale and 5k per month. all kinds of scenerios are possible. which is why proper bin prices are crucial. except proper bins are hard to establish even for most expeirenced domainers... which is why many opt to jut use makeoffer all the time. it is extremely easy to scare buyer with the wrong bin. there are tons of extensions to pick from.. or similar names for cheaper.

i once heard of domainer who was selling huge numbers of domains for $100 each. handregs. and became millionaire in this way. not sure when exactly it happened. or how common it can be.

however, when a buyer lands on your sale page, and sees 99$ bin instead of 999$ bin or 9999$ bin.. well... this probably increases the chance he will click buynow (versus going elsewhere for another domain or clicking makeoffer button) by maybe a hundred fold or so :)

if i put my whole folio (which i 99% handregs) at 99$ bin prices, I'd be probably out of domains in a not so distant future. :)

so domaining is all abou strategy too. cause domaining is negotiation. and negotiation is strategy. here in my argument negotiatoin includes also putting right bin.

enjoy, gl

Last edited:
•••
domaining takes months or years to get good hang of it... its hard work and opposite to quick easy money. often domainers lose money before they start to profit.. but once you get hang of it... $1000+ sales are common. which of course does not mean that opting for strategy to sell more names for < 1000$ cannot be profitable... there can still be domainers and portofolio types which will simply be more profitable if all names are priced at say $1000 bin vs $5000 bin. meaning that for intance if priced $1000, it may yield 10k in sales per month, and priced at $5000, it may yield say 1 sale and 5k per month. all kinds of scenerios are possible. which is why proper bin prices are crucial. except proper bins are hard to establish even for most expeirenced domainers... which is why many opt to jut use makeoffer all the time. it is extremely easy to scare buyer with the wrong bin. there are tons of extensions to pick from.. or similar names for cheaper.

i once heard of domainer who was selling huge numbers of domains for $100 each. handregs. and became millionaire in this way. not sure when exactly it happened. or how common it can be.

however, when a buyer lands on your sale page, and sees 99$ bin instead of 999$ bin or 9999$ bin.. well... this probably increases the chance he will click buynow (versus going elsewhere for another domain or clicking makeoffer button) by maybe a hundred fold or so :)

if i put my whole folio (which i 99% handregs) at 99$ bin prices, I'd be probably out of domains in a not so distant future. :)

so domaining is all abou strategy too. cause domaining is negotiation. and negotiation is strategy. here in my argument negotiatoin includes also putting right bin.

enjoy, gl

"i once heard of domainer who was selling huge numbers of domains for $100 each. handregs. and became millionaire in this way. not sure when exactly it happened. or how common it can be."

lol, while i've been a millionaire a few times over, and it's about to happen again:xf.wink: The domain business/industry isn't rocket science.....not even close.

I'm sure you've heard the expression, "there's more than one way to skin a cat". Well, there's more than one way to do most everything in life. Depending on strategy, $99 domains with added value (logos, websites, etc.) can make a million dollars overnight.

My strategy involves "outbound" marketing. Like you, 99% of my domains are hand regs. and the "average value" according to GD and NameWorth is well north of $1,500.

alcy, you can do it too(y) Good Luck!

•••
I didn’t sell but i brokered three domain of more than 1k just in this month

•••

enjoy, gl
Listing your domain names for $99 across the board will only see the best of them cherry-picked in no time.

•••

Yes just recently

•••
Yes I have sold many names over 1K. Not really that hard to do if you have reasonably good names and a good grasp on English language and trends and patience.

•••
•••
Yes I did, many times on BrandBucket, Namejet & SEDO.
Sales on BrandBucket are not listed on Namebio.

•••
Over $1,000? That's a lot of money.

•••
2k or 5k shouldn't be considered big bucks if you are in the business of domaining and making money. The whole idea is to hold domains that are highly desirable by an end user... that convenience is usually over 1k.

•••
2k or 5k shouldn't be considered big bucks if you are in the business of domaining and making money. The whole idea is to hold domains that are highly desirable by an end user... that convenience is usually over 1k.
in many asian african countries it is good though

•••
Sold many in the range of $1k to $3.5K.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back