Dynadot

Have you actually sold a domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you ever sold a domain?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes, regularly

votes
    43.1%
  • Yes, a few

votes
    42.2%
  • No, none

votes
    14.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

ttfan

Established Member
Impact
I see so many buyers of domains here, but wonder how many of you have actually sold a domain?
Buying is easy, fun and addictive, but it needs to lead to a sale eventually.

Be honest now... B-)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I started my first auction on Flippa 3 days ago... 27 days to go, no bids yet.
I still think I might make a profit on that one but I'm not sure.

I claimed my second domain less than an hour ago. I have really good hope for that one. I think it will bring in a lot of money.

So no, I haven't sold yet. But that's only because I just started.

Share your domain name with the forum. Welcome aboard anyway.
Cheers

•••
Share your domain name with the forum. Welcome aboard anyway.
Cheers

Thanks.

My current auction on Flippa is SEO-Miracles.com.
And my new domain is FoodHomeDeliveries.com.

I also own seomiracles.com, without the hyphen. I plan to sell it separately.

I already mentioned my FoodHomeDeliveries.com in several posts so I figured it might look like I'm trying to spam the link if I mention it everywhere. But I understand the community doesn't mind that?

•••
Thanks.

My current auction on Flippa is SEO-Miracles.com.
And my new domain is FoodHomeDeliveries.com.

I also own seomiracles.com, without the hyphen. I plan to sell it separately.

I already mentioned my FoodHomeDeliveries.com in several posts so I figured it might look like I'm trying to spam the link if I mention it everywhere. But I understand the community doesn't mind that?
All the best on your auctions :)

•••
Just sold 2 domains in 24h.

Paid $65 in total few months ago and sold them for $1,500/each.
Two different buyers

And I still have an auction running here

•••
About $20K in sales in past 3 month.

•••
Just sold 2 domains in 24h.

Paid $65 in total few months ago and sold them for $1,500/each.
Two different buyers

And I still have an auction running here

That's really good! Did you buy them or claim them?

•••
•••
sold 2K to 4k$ per month for the last 4 months,
most come from hand registered, expired auctions and namepros

March will be big(already made 1k$), as i will put a lot of domains on auction

•••
sold 2K to 4k$ per month for the last 4 months,
most come from hand registered, expired auctions and namepros

March will be big(already made 1k$), as i will put a lot of domains on auction

Where did you sell them? Did you sell via make offer or pushed the domain to 7 day auction?

Care to share?

•••
Some great comments/insight here. It can really add up if you want to keep renewing year after year so the way I approach that part of the process is to determine at least 90 days before a name is due to expire if I want to keep it. That keeps all the emotion out of the process as well as preventing a panic buy (wow...I sure would hate to lose this name, etc). Oh yeah...sales...what sales!?!?!

•••
Sell, sell, sell. Don't fall in love with your names. Buy smart. Do your homework and know there are buyers before buying names. Don't be lazy, do outbound sales. Use every platform and work those inbound leads. Don't get greedy and keep polishing up those negotiating skills. Set a multiplier minimum. Sell. Rinse and repeat. Spend your money wisely!

Some names I've sold can be seen here...http://vinsdomains.com/sold-domain-names/

•••
Did about $13K in the last 2 years

•••
Don't fall in love with your names.

Truer words have not been spoken! I caught a name on a drop a couple weeks ago and got significant offer a few days later but waited too long to counter...the buyer move on. Now I am getting ready to have ramen noodles for dinner rather than steak!

•••
I sold my first domain...

12 or 13 or something years ago :)

•••
gross sales this year for me so far low xxx,xxx

•••
Where did you sell them? Did you sell via make offer or pushed the domain to 7 day auction?

Care to share?

I sold around 30% to previous buyer on this forum, by sending them a list of what is available,
the rest sold on marketplace Godaddy-premium listings & auctions, afternic

50% of my portfolio is Chinese and is for sale now, i don' plan to hold, my main concern is cashflow, so i need the portfolio to be profitable

the rest of my portfolio is more long term with great domain name that i acquired with the profits generated by fast sales.

the price is important, this last month i had lots of sales when i reduced the price under the 200$ mark

the key is to be always selling and having more cash coming than what you spend

i will write a detailed article on this on my blog, and will provide the information to member of this forum

•••
Sell, sell, sell. Don't fall in love with your names. Buy smart. Do your homework and know there are buyers before buying names.

Best advice. Have a plan.

•••
Currently 2-3 weeks into my domaining career, yet to make a sale! Not that I have been trying. I have however, learnt a whole lot on this forum and hopefully I can post some more positive results regarding sales in the near future.

I can offer you a few tips...

1. Don't invest any amount you can't afford to lose completely.

2. Don't buy a domain you can't afford to renew for a few years unless you are sure you can flip it in the first year.

3. Do your research on each and every domain and don't let yourself get carried away. Don't buy domains simply because you like them but evaluate if they actually have end-user value (= hold or sell high) or if you can flip them to another reseller within a year with an adequate ROI.

4. Start with a small portfolio to keep oversight and test the waters.

5. Try not to register too many domains in a short period - you'll get hit with a lot of renewals in a short period a year later (= lots of time to re-evaluate the domains and having to pay a chunk of money in a short period of time).

6. Don't put all your eggs in one bucket. We all have our favorite new extensions but putting an unproportionally high amount of your budget in only a few extensions can easily backfire. Spread your risk by buying domains in many different extensions.

Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

Brandon

•••
I'm about a year in domaining and sold only a few domains withing $150 - $200 range. However, I purchased those in $10 - $20 range, so the ROI is good enough.

•••
I sold around 30% to previous buyer on this forum, by sending them a list of what is available,
the rest sold on marketplace Godaddy-premium listings & auctions, afternic

50% of my portfolio is Chinese and is for sale now, i don' plan to hold, my main concern is cashflow, so i need the portfolio to be profitable

the rest of my portfolio is more long term with great domain name that i acquired with the profits generated by fast sales.

the price is important, this last month i had lots of sales when i reduced the price under the 200$ mark

the key is to be always selling and having more cash coming than what you spend

i will write a detailed article on this on my blog, and will provide the information to member of this forum
I'm about a year in domaining and sold only a few domains withing $150 - $200 range. However, I purchased those in $10 - $20 range, so the ROI is good enough.

Try to aim higher!

Im used sell domains in the $x,xxx that i've purchased in the $10 - $150 range! :)

•••
Try to aim higher!

Im used sell domains in the $x,xxx that i've purchased in the $10 - $150 range! :)
thanks for the advice, i have some gems that i will sell only for x,xxx$

my under 200$ sales are .net combos of letter and numbers, the tactic is appropriate for these domains.
it's all about the numbers, these are automated sales processed by godaddy, this week i sold 14 domains under 100$, last week i sold 17, this is consistent cashflow

it's the perpetual question about cashflow, with this cash i cover all my renewals and can acquire new domains, so the portfolio value is going up with time

i also sold hand regs brandable, in the range 700$-1200$

•••
reading about all the great sales on here gets you pumped but the reality is its a game for dot com holders who have been at this a long time and have inventory they held for years.

The best moment to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second one is NOW. (African Proverb) :)

•••
•••
This forum is great for the support. However, most of the buyers here are domain investors (domainers) who want to buy low even for a very good name. Sellers who are desperate and want money bad or want to liquidate their domains at the fractions of the price, or flip domains, they could find someone here. However, I've rarely seen an end-user to be the part of NP forum. There must be more marketing needed to attract end-user here.
I personally own thousands of dotcom domains and would prefer end-users rather than juggling with fellow-domainers. I'm of a firm belief that if you own a solid domain, an opportunity would knock your door eventually.
ONE MORE THING THAT MAKES ME WONDER WHY DOMAINERS USE WHOIS-PRIVACY? ARE THEY AFRAID OR WHAT? MY SINCERE ADVICE TO ALL MY FELLOW DOMAINERS IS "NEVER USE WHOIS-PRIVACY UNLESS NEEDED OTHERWISE!"
MAKE YOUR WHOIS INFO VISIBLE. MENTION ON WHOIS INFO: "THIS DOMAIN IS FOR SALE!" MAJORITY OF POTENTIAL AND SERIOUS BUYERS USE "WHOIS LOOKUP" TO APPROACH SELLERS...
All the best. Cheers :)
How do you get that info on who is? All I get is spammy developer emails atm. Thats 1 reason. Thanks

•••
How do you get that info on who is? All I get is spammy developer emails atm. Thats 1 reason. Thanks

so true on the spam!

if you don't prospect for end buyers you will only be selling on np to resellers at way low prices as we all know by now.

dont expect big riches selling on this site.. just look at the marketplace is loaded with great domains no one will buy or place a bid since this site is not attracting big buck buyers . its all domainers who want it for nothing.

I don't mind selling a few to resellers as I don't expect to get rich here but its to support the cause get a few bucks to buy better domains I don't list here in my sig and to learn

its just the way it is here im not complaining its a fact

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back